All reviewsfront desksalt water poolsmall indoor poolnext morningmyrtle beachexcellent stayroom was cleanhilton headtrip homegreat stophot tubsouth carolinastay there againafter a long daystaff was friendlybagelsvery nice hotel
Reviewed March 2, 2010

We had the worst experience at this hotel. We drove all day and was exhausted and could not wait to get to bed. After about 1/2 hour of good sleep someone was trying to get into our room. Fortunately we had the deadbolt locked. I called down to the desk
to report this and the clerk was very non chalant about it. She stated that she didn't know anyone was in that room, and she gave out the key. I stated that she just checked us in a few hours earlier. My husband went down to the front counter and demanded to speak to the manager. She reluctantly phoned him. My husband stated what had just happened and he said it probably was a computer glitch. He certainly did not offer any solution and was not to concerned about it. He stated he lived 45 minutes away so he was not coming over.
When my husband came back to the room his key would not work because the clerk dislodged it. The next morning I went down to the desk and a different clerk could not find us in the computer for the room that we were given the key to originally. She stated that we were in a different room.

The place certainlydoes not have high standards. What a shame for a Marriott property.
Hampton Inn is next store, so you would be much safer staying there.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2009

I had the best time at this hotel. It was the best hotel I've stayed at before. The lobby is nice. And the building looked very new. The rate we got was good so we just booked it that night. Little did we know how nice it would be. The tv was huge, the bed was very clean and comfortable. The first thing that matters to me is cleanliness, and this exceeded my expectations. The bathroom was bright and clean. Our only regret is that we wish we would've woke up earlier for the breakfast in the morning. All the decor was very modern, walking through the halls the next morning, you could tell all the rooms looked nice as well.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2009

You’ve got to be kidding! If you have read the other review (Not child friendly) where the staff threatens to call the police because a guests baby is crying, and have found that to be hard to believe, believe it! While almost all the good reviews on this hotel seem to center around the fact that the hotel is a new property, and it is a new property, if you have to work with the staff anything beyond checking in, you are in for the twilight zone. We tried to check in after 7 PM and had to wait 30 minutes for someone to “wander in” from the outside. The Marriott people we called about it seemed surprised there was no staff inside the building for so long. The phone was ringing the entire time we were there.
The next day we tried to check in somebody else, and just could not communicate with the staff, they were rude, and instead of trying to be helpful were somewhat aggressive. I tried to call Mariott about this, but they just left me on hold for 25 minutes, I wonder if they care about these Fairfield properties. There are many other good choices in the area, the Fort Chiswell Hampton is were we wound up, excellent property and staff.
If there was a real problem on this property I would not want to be dependant on this staff.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2009

We arrived here after going to the Hillsville Labor Day flea market. The lobby was so clean. The rooms smelled so fresh and clean. We had two queen beds which seemed alittle larger than others. The hallways and elevator were clean. We went into the indoor pool and jacuzzi which were alittle small that was the only bad thing I can think to say about this hotel. The lady who put out breakfast was super nice and the breakfast was the usual bagels etc. except everything was brand names. It was a great place to stay we would stay there again if we need to.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2009

We stopped on our way from Cleveland to Hilton Head. We called a head of time and asked for adjoining rooms but was told that wouldn't be possible. But somehow when we checked in for the night, we were given adjoining rooms (one was a handicap suite) and we were able to let the kids run back and forth between the rooms. The rooms are very spacious and as requested, our rollaway was in our room when we checked it. There were complimentary Otis Spunkmeyer cookies in the afternoon when we checked in. The pool is very small. I would say, even with just 2 people it was crowded. But there is a pool and exercise room nonetheless. The breakfast was adequate with heat your own Jimmy Dean ham breakfast biscuits, variety of fruits, and muffins, donuts, and the usual fare. Definitely new looking and very clean. The pillows were great that are on the bed. We stopped at this hotel on our way back from Hilton Head too. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family