“New couch and chair needed, ASAP”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“New couch and chair needed, ASAP”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I happily would have given this place four stars, but the couch and chair in the suite were terribly, oddly stained. Like, so stained that we were hesitant to sit on them. I can't believe they haven't been replaced yet. And the mattress of the sofa bed was horribly uncomfortable. All of the rest of the furniture was quite nice and clean, and the king bed was comfortable.

The breakfast was on the high end of typical, with eggs, sausage, cereals, a great selection of breads and pastries, fruit, yogurt, etc. And the ladies working in the breakfast room were very nice and good about keeping things replenished.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
We apologize that we didnt meet your exspectations. Please contact me here at the hotel I would like to discuss this matter futher with you to get a better understanding of what happened. And also what I can do to make your next stay more comfortable.

Samantha Moore, Gm
Fairfield Inn & Suites, Wytheville VA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is the second year we have stopped at this location on our way to/from Myrtle Beach. This hotel is very clean from the time you walk into the lobby to the time you lay in your bed. The beds and pillows are very comfortable as this was the best nights sleep I had the whole vacation. We had our 6 and 12 year old with us, and I was not afraid to let them touch anything in the room (as I am a germ freak). I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: This is a great hotel in general, not sure there is a bad room:)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I will make sure to share this with the staff .
We enjoy having wonderful guest like you visit our hotel. We hope you have a wonderful summer.

Best regards,

Samantha Moore, General Manager
Fairfield Inn & Suites of Wytheville, VA
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at in a sweet little town. Wytheville is the mid way stop for a lot of people traveling to the coast, so book your room in advance and get to breakfast early. There will be a lot of families like us travelling with children. I loved it. It was clean, the pool was great, the breakfast was great, it was beautifully decorated, and it was comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and happy. Will be staying there again the next chance I get. Great restaurants nearby for dinner. We chose the Italian place. Very family friendly.

Room Tip: If you're worried about noise, I'd upgrade from standard to executive. I think it's onl...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our staff and Hotel. We enjoy knowing that we have made our guest feel welcome and comfortable. Can't wait to see you on your return trip. Have a wonderful trip.

Best Regards,

Samantha Moore, GM
Fairfield Inn & Suites, Wytheville
Charleston, wv
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Like many other posts, we too found the hotel very clean and comfortable. It feels like it is new, and nothing appears worn out though we were told it's been open for several years. I find that impressive. The only negative experienced is that there are very few restaurant options within walking distance. The restaurant adjoining the hotel [a good feature] was limping along and barely open. The food was tolerable. Maybe Fairfield/Marriott can join with the community to entice a restaurant in that vacant lot across the parking lot? Or maybe jazz up the adjoining restaurant? After a lot of driving, I just don't care to get back into the car to find food.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your wondeful comments in your review. I was wondering which restruant you may
have went to since we dont have a restaurant ajoining our hotel. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and can't wait for your return.

Best Regards,

Samantha Moore, GM
Fairfield Inn & Suites, Wytheville
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I screwed up my reservations but the front desk not only took care of my dilemma, they also ensured my Marriott Friends & Family rates! I was enroute from Vero FLA to PITT, weather was getting bad with my elderly mom. Not only did we get a great room, quiet nights rest but a very adequate breakfast before getting on the road. I am getting spoiled as the few times I screw up my reservations Marriott saves my bacon. I always get the great service I expect.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am very pleased to hear that the staff went out of thier way to help you with the situation. They are always eager to help with anything they can.
We look forward to seeing you all again in the future.

As always have a wonderful day.

Best Reagards,

Samantha Moore- General Manager
Fairfield Inn & Suites Of Wytheville
Davison, Michigan
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on our way back from Florida.We were there for on overnighter while driving home. This is a very nice hotel and compares favorably to other Fairfield Inns. The only negative was the family in the room next to us. Very loud and boisterous children with no parental control. Slamming doors and shouting. We could hear every word without even trying. This went on for over an hour. You can also hear everything in the hall. We were going to call the front desk to complain about this but by 10pm the kids were quieting down. We ended up getting a good nights sleep on some really great beds. Very clean place. Cost: $121.71.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I do apologize about the noise. We would have been happy to address any issue if it was brought to our attention.

I am very Thankful that you did get a goods nights rest.

Next time you are in the area we hope to see you again, Just let the front desk person know top floor
so there no one above you to help out with the noise. Kids can be a little over active and we want everyone to have a joyous stay.

Have a wonderful day and Best regards,

Samantha Moore- General Manager
Fairfield Inn & Suites Of Wytheville
Virginia, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stay here when we travel to Wytheville for work. Room is always clean and they offer a good breakfast in the morning. The only down side is that there is usually only one person working through the evening, so if you need something for your room, you have to go to the lobby to get it since they cannot leave the desk.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your review about our hotel. We are glad you had a pleasant stay and look for your return.

Samantha Moore, General Manager