“Good overnight stop”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Like many other posts, we too found the hotel very clean and comfortable. It feels like it is new, and nothing appears worn out though we were told it's been open for several years. I find that impressive. The only negative experienced is that there are very few restaurant options within walking distance. The restaurant adjoining the hotel [a good feature] was limping along and barely open. The food was tolerable. Maybe Fairfield/Marriott can join with the community to entice a restaurant in that vacant lot across the parking lot? Or maybe jazz up the adjoining restaurant? After a lot of driving, I just don't care to get back into the car to find food.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for your wondeful comments in your review. I was wondering which restruant you may
have went to since we dont have a restaurant ajoining our hotel. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and can't wait for your return.

Best Regards,

Samantha Moore, GM
Fairfield Inn & Suites, Wytheville

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I screwed up my reservations but the front desk not only took care of my dilemma, they also ensured my Marriott Friends & Family rates! I was enroute from Vero FLA to PITT, weather was getting bad with my elderly mom. Not only did we get a great room, quiet nights rest but a very adequate breakfast before getting on the road. I am getting spoiled as the few times I screw up my reservations Marriott saves my bacon. I always get the great service I expect.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am very pleased to hear that the staff went out of thier way to help you with the situation. They are always eager to help with anything they can.
We look forward to seeing you all again in the future.

As always have a wonderful day.

Best Reagards,

Fairfield Inn & Suites Of Wytheville

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on our way back from Florida.We were there for on overnighter while driving home. This is a very nice hotel and compares favorably to other Fairfield Inns. The only negative was the family in the room next to us. Very loud and boisterous children with no parental control. Slamming doors and shouting. We could hear every word without even trying. This went on for over an hour. You can also hear everything in the hall. We were going to call the front desk to complain about this but by 10pm the kids were quieting down. We ended up getting a good nights sleep on some really great beds. Very clean place. Cost: $121.71.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I do apologize about the noise. We would have been happy to address any issue if it was brought to our attention.

I am very Thankful that you did get a goods nights rest.

Next time you are in the area we hope to see you again, Just let the front desk person know top floor
so there no one above you to help out with the noise. Kids can be a little over active and we want everyone to have a joyous stay.

Have a wonderful day and Best regards,

Fairfield Inn & Suites Of Wytheville

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stay here when we travel to Wytheville for work. Room is always clean and they offer a good breakfast in the morning. The only down side is that there is usually only one person working through the evening, so if you need something for your room, you have to go to the lobby to get it since they cannot leave the desk.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for your review about our hotel. We are glad you had a pleasant stay and look for your return.

Samantha Moore, General Manager

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We arrived at 10:00 after a long road trip without reservations. Because of the Marriott affiliation, I convinced my husband to try this hotel before the others in the area. Check-in was friendly and efficient. That's where the good news ends, unfortunately.

We were surprised to find that we had been given a handicap accessible room, which is not such a big deal but I enjoy my baths, and the bars and fold down bench cut down on the space in the tub. Because he had been told there were several rooms available, my husband called down to the front desk to find out if another, regular room was available. Funny it was now booking up quickly, and according to the front desk, the only difference was the bath rails. From other travelers' pictures, I now know this is untrue. The bath configuration is completely different and the vanity space is tiny compared to the regular rooms.

Oh well, it was late and this was only an overnight stop for us on our way to our destination. And then I hear my son say "gross!". There was a large pair of men's underpants laying on the floor at the end of the bed. Not under the bed. Clearly visible from the room. Let's just say I kept my socks on the rest of the time.

I'm also surprised that the reviews here indicate that this is a newer hotel. There were clearly signs of wear in our room -- chipped paneling on the door, etc.

Fast forward to the next morning. My husband decides to go down for breakfast but comes back empty-handed. Apparently they had offered some kind of breakfast sandwiches/biscuits but they had run out of those before 9:00.

I would explore other options.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank caymus2
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

We apologize that we didnt meet your exspectations. Please contact me here at the hotel I would like to discuss this matter further with you to get a better understanding of what happened. And what I can do for you.

Samantha Moore - General Manager
Fairfield Inn & Suites of Wytheville VA

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stay here during the week for business because the staff is great, the price is reasonable, and the hotel is clean. There is a small workout room which has a few treadmills and a stair machine that do the job. There is also a small pool and hot tub, but I haven't used them. I would love to give this place a great review, but the internet service is so bad that it is nearly unusable. If you like to watch Netflix or Hulu, or have a voice conference on Skype, then you might want to go elsewhere. I can usually watch about 10 minutes of Netflix before getting kicked off and having to go through the log in procedure again. I have called the 1-800 number for internet tech service many times, and each time talk to a polite person that tries to help. They punch a few keys on their keyboard, and say that the problem is taken care of.... I hang up... log on to Netflix... watch 10 minutes or so, and promptly get kicked off again. I call tech support back, and they try some more things, and once again announce that they have reset some of the equipment and all looks good. Then I try again, and same thing... kicked off after a few minutes.

As I mentioned above, I would love to give this hotel a great review because the staff is great, and the hotel is clean. But, with the internet being such a critical component of a business person's weekly stay, I just can't.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments about the staff and propety.
I do apologize for the issues you have had with our internet. We are currently working on upgrading
our internet so that guest can do all of there networking needs. We do hope you continue to stay with
us as we improve our hotel to make each and every stay a rememberable one.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

A new property that is still clean and fresh. The morning breakfast is always a nice feature and the hotel is a great location for getting on and off the highway. The bed was much harder than I prefer, but I guess that's better than too soft. The staff was great.

• Stayed: March 2013
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you had a pleasant stay, our beds are different ein every room as soom are used a little more than others. If your ever in the area again please stop by we would love to have you stay with us.

Best regards,