“Loud. Very Loud”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on our way back from Florida.We were there for on overnighter while driving home. This is a very nice hotel and compares favorably to other Fairfield Inns. The only negative was the family in the room next to us. Very loud and boisterous children with no parental control. Slamming doors and shouting. We could hear every word without even trying. This went on for over an hour. You can also hear everything in the hall. We were going to call the front desk to complain about this but by 10pm the kids were quieting down. We ended up getting a good nights sleep on some really great beds. Very clean place. Cost: $121.71.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I do apologize about the noise. We would have been happy to address any issue if it was brought to our attention.

I am very Thankful that you did get a goods nights rest.

Next time you are in the area we hope to see you again, Just let the front desk person know top floor
so there no one above you to help out with the noise. Kids can be a little over active and we want everyone to have a joyous stay.

Have a wonderful day and Best regards,

Fairfield Inn & Suites Of Wytheville

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stay here when we travel to Wytheville for work. Room is always clean and they offer a good breakfast in the morning. The only down side is that there is usually only one person working through the evening, so if you need something for your room, you have to go to the lobby to get it since they cannot leave the desk.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for your review about our hotel. We are glad you had a pleasant stay and look for your return.

Samantha Moore, General Manager

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We arrived at 10:00 after a long road trip without reservations. Because of the Marriott affiliation, I convinced my husband to try this hotel before the others in the area. Check-in was friendly and efficient. That's where the good news ends, unfortunately.

We were surprised to find that we had been given a handicap accessible room, which is not such a big deal but I enjoy my baths, and the bars and fold down bench cut down on the space in the tub. Because he had been told there were several rooms available, my husband called down to the front desk to find out if another, regular room was available. Funny it was now booking up quickly, and according to the front desk, the only difference was the bath rails. From other travelers' pictures, I now know this is untrue. The bath configuration is completely different and the vanity space is tiny compared to the regular rooms.

Oh well, it was late and this was only an overnight stop for us on our way to our destination. And then I hear my son say "gross!". There was a large pair of men's underpants laying on the floor at the end of the bed. Not under the bed. Clearly visible from the room. Let's just say I kept my socks on the rest of the time.

I'm also surprised that the reviews here indicate that this is a newer hotel. There were clearly signs of wear in our room -- chipped paneling on the door, etc.

Fast forward to the next morning. My husband decides to go down for breakfast but comes back empty-handed. Apparently they had offered some kind of breakfast sandwiches/biscuits but they had run out of those before 9:00.

I would explore other options.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank caymus2
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

We apologize that we didnt meet your exspectations. Please contact me here at the hotel I would like to discuss this matter further with you to get a better understanding of what happened. And what I can do for you.

Samantha Moore - General Manager
Fairfield Inn & Suites of Wytheville VA

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stay here during the week for business because the staff is great, the price is reasonable, and the hotel is clean. There is a small workout room which has a few treadmills and a stair machine that do the job. There is also a small pool and hot tub, but I haven't used them. I would love to give this place a great review, but the internet service is so bad that it is nearly unusable. If you like to watch Netflix or Hulu, or have a voice conference on Skype, then you might want to go elsewhere. I can usually watch about 10 minutes of Netflix before getting kicked off and having to go through the log in procedure again. I have called the 1-800 number for internet tech service many times, and each time talk to a polite person that tries to help. They punch a few keys on their keyboard, and say that the problem is taken care of.... I hang up... log on to Netflix... watch 10 minutes or so, and promptly get kicked off again. I call tech support back, and they try some more things, and once again announce that they have reset some of the equipment and all looks good. Then I try again, and same thing... kicked off after a few minutes.

As I mentioned above, I would love to give this hotel a great review because the staff is great, and the hotel is clean. But, with the internet being such a critical component of a business person's weekly stay, I just can't.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments about the staff and propety.
I do apologize for the issues you have had with our internet. We are currently working on upgrading
our internet so that guest can do all of there networking needs. We do hope you continue to stay with
us as we improve our hotel to make each and every stay a rememberable one.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

A new property that is still clean and fresh. The morning breakfast is always a nice feature and the hotel is a great location for getting on and off the highway. The bed was much harder than I prefer, but I guess that's better than too soft. The staff was great.

• Stayed: March 2013
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you had a pleasant stay, our beds are different ein every room as soom are used a little more than others. If your ever in the area again please stop by we would love to have you stay with us.

Best regards,

Samantha Moore- General Manger

Reviewed March 20, 2013

A newer Fairfield Inn that has been well maintained. Rooms have a small frig and microwave which is a big plus. I had an accessable room so it may be a bit different than the standard room but it was big and well laid out. The staff from the desk to the breakfast crew worked hard to ensure you have great stay. The hotel is a short drive to several restaurants and downtown Wytheville is less than two minutes away. The Log Cabin is a great place to eat in downtown Wytheville.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel faces I81 and you can hear the traffic. You can also hear foot thumping from t...
1  Thank MoovinOn

Thank you wonderful review of our hotel. Our staff is one of the best and we strive to the best customer service. If you ever in the area again please stop by we would love to have you stay with us.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We spent the night here on our way to the NASCAR race at Bristol, TN. The hotel is very nice and clean. The staff were the best. The room was amazing. We had the suite with 2 queens and a sofa bed and they were comfortable. The only drawback to this hotel is the location. You can see it from the road but it is a bit confusing to get to without using GPS. Also, the pool is nice (although a bit small) and the hot tub wasn't working normally (more like a warm tub) but the breakfast area was well maintained and they saw that nothing ran out. Maybe a bit pricey for the area but no worries on what you are getting. True to form for a marriott property.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Our location is kinda tricky to get tobut its worth it once you get here. We also have a great news as of April 1, 2013, we will have a HOT breakfast to offer our great guest. We hope you come stay again when your in our area, we would love to have you.

Best regards,