$98
Country Inn
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

$67
$116
Hampton.com
$119
Days Inn by Wyndham Wytheville(Wytheville)(Great Value!)
$58
$104
$126
HIExpress.com
$94
Comfort Inn(Wytheville)
$81
ComfortInn
All reviewsfront desksalt water poolnext morningmyrtle beachexcellent staywould stay here againroom was cleanmorning breakfasthilton headtrip homehot tubafter a long daystaff was friendlybagelsquick stopvery nice hotelgreat stop
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Just stayed here overnight coming back from Florida. We were headed north to 81. This hotel is about 7 miles from 81 on Route 77.
The hotel is a great location. Far enough away from highway noise.Beautiful farm fields in the back. Nice view. Lots of restraunts in the area.We ate at the Sagebrush steakhouse just outside the parking lot. The dinner was awesome!
The hotel was clean. Staff very friendly. They called our room to see if it was o.k. I liked the bright green deco. Marriott's beds are always comfy! Plenty of pillows. The pool had alot of chlorine in it. You could smell it in the hallway. They had cookies in the evening and standard breakfast in the morning. The attendent did a great job keeping things stocked and clean.
I would stay here again and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: 1st floor no elevator trips!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wakeandbake
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I booked this Fairfield because it was at the halfway point of our trip from Toledo to Myrtle Beach. I had expected to have a bit more of a kitchen type facility in our suite (I stayed in one in Cleveland and had a mini-kitchen), but the room was nice and clean (we were in a larger handicapped suite due to having 6 of us). The hot tub/pool needs some attention. The facility was fine, but the chemicals used overpowered everyone in there! Too much ammonia/bleach/chlorine gave several children other than my own coughing fits and burning eyes. The smell was so potent that it hit you when you first came into the lobby. The front desk was aware of the situation after several complaints, so hopefully it will be resolved for other guests. We had a nice view of the mountains and breakfast was typical continental.
The only other thing - a lady caught me in the hallway and chatisized me for my children being noisy. It was 8 AM and we were readying for the day (breakfast/check-out). Didn't think there was a "quiet curfew" at that time of the day! (I told her she was blessed that it wasn't 6 AM). Next time, I'll ask for a corner room!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room and if there are "quiet hours".
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Besides originally being sent to a room that was being remodeled, had a very good first stay. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and quiet. The breakfast was typical Fairfield Inn food.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Stayed here for three nights during the past week. I was able to run the AC/Heat unit all night so the white noise was nice. The front desk staff was indifferent and rarely at the front desk (not sure what they are doing in the back) so I had to holler a few times to get someone to come up front. There was one nicer guy there the other days but for the most part, I agree with others about the staff. I thought the hotel was a bit dirty - especially the elevator - handprints all over the interior elevator door; some orange goopy stuff in the door track - with a lot of dirt. And the floor of the elevator was dirty. I kept wondering how clean my room really was if the common areas were dirty. I also thought their free breakfast was pretty bad - I've had much better at Holiday Inn Express and Hampton properties. I had a great experience at a Hampton Inn a few weeks ago so I will stay there next time rather than stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 12, 2012

As title emplies, this is a good place to stop on your way. I am a silver elite member with Marriott, carry a Marriott credit card, and stay at various Marriott properties frequently. It is clean, realitively new, quiet, and near the internet. However, the front desk people are not very friendly. We stayed there during Easter vacation and the place was full with families who were very noisey. I requested an upper floor and was assigned a room on the first floor next to a family whose kids were bouncing off the walls. I requested a room change and the front desk person hesitated giving me one and started to ask questions. I finally told her that the room was not satisfactory and I wanted a new room. She finally got a new key and walked away. It should be noted that this property is not on the main road going into town so you will have to drive about ten minutes to eat dinner. Obviously, this customer service level is not what you usually receive. I guess if you are looking for a fairly priced hotel it will do the job but there are several other places to stay in town and if I return I will probably stay at one of them. The city is located in the mountains and looks like a good place to explore.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple