“Very pleased! This place is super clean, comfortable, and convenient! Will stay again!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Reviewed January 27, 2012

We chose this hotel to stop for an overnight on our way back from Disney World to Ohio. After researching online a lot trying to find a hotel with good reviews and no bedbug reports, we made our reservation for here. Upon arriving, we were so tired after driving for 10 plus hours (with stops), we just wanted somewhere clean and comfortable to rest for the night. I have stayed in quite a few hotels in my life and this one was one of the cleanest I have ever seen! Not just our room, which was super clean, but the entire place inside, from the front desk area, to the pool area, hallways...etc. The beds are very comfortable, and as someone who has frequent back issues, I slept very well here. They have lots of pillows on the beds which I loved too! The staff were very friendly and I had asked for some milk for my kids after checking in to have with some cereal before bedtime and they unlocked their fridge they use for breakfast and gave me some for them which was very nice. The location was great, right off I-77 north. Easy on and off. In the morning before getting back on the road, we enjoyed a light breakfast which was included with our stay and it was great! It was a great choice we made and we will definitely keep this address in our GPS to use in the future. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling along this route;)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank dmarie72

Reviewed January 6, 2012

We stopped here overnight. Great stay, nice hotel

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Missy D
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I trust the Marriott brand. I know that wherever I go, If I stay in a Marriot Hotel i will have a clean, comfortable room and will be treated courteously by the hotel staff.
The Fairfield Inn in Wytheville is no exception.

I would change only one thing. Since Marriott is committed to "smoke free" please move the designated smoking area away from the front door of the hotel. I understand that co-workers like to gather for a smoke, and when the hotel is not busy it might be a good time to take a break, but it is a little off-putting to see a gang of smokers right by the front door of the hotel, especially if you are loading or unloading.

J.W. would agree. Please move the smoking area out of sight of the guests.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Allen W
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The best hotel to stay at considering all of the hotels between Greensboro and Charleston, WV.
If you're thinking about Beckley properties, stay here instead! Brand new, clean and comfortable. Much nicer than any hotel on this stretch of road. Breakfast was decent, nice indoor pool and workout facility. A few restaurants to choose from nearby. Wouldn't want to get stranded in Wytheville, but if I did, this is where I would stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. No interstate noise to deal with.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank BigDaveB10
Reviewed November 11, 2011

The hotel was overall clean and comfortable, nothing stuck out as above average nor was anything noticeably below average. Overall for the price I felt I may have been able to do a little better.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank allen341
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stopped here on our way to South Carolina from Akron. Previously we had stopped in Beckley as it's slightly closer and more of a true halfway point between Northeast Ohio and South Carolina. However based on some reviews and the price we opted to skip the Courtyard in Beckley for this Fairfield Inn a further bit south in Wytheville. We got in really late close to midnight, but had a comfortable room waiting for us with a crib for a road weary toddler. We also opted for a late checkout so we could sleep in, have some breakfast, and swim. The pool was really cold. But overall this was a pretty nice motel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank michaelgmckeon
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Perfectly located between Ohio and South Carolina, was a great stopping point in a very pretty area up in the Virginia mountains. Chances are you'll end up meeting someone there who is either going to or coming from Myrtle, Charleston, or Hilton Head. A pretty new property, everything was very nice, and the staff were accomodating. The continental in the morning was decent, above average but not anything to write home about (are any of them?). The breakfast area was very nice and comfortable.
Rooms were clean, and we had no problems with noise, access, check in, check out, etc. There isn't too much to say, which is a great thing in regards to hotels used for a stopover. Anything more to say usually means problems...

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family