All reviewsfront desksalt water poolnext morningmyrtle beachexcellent stayroom was cleanhilton headtrip homegreat stophot tubsouth carolinastay there againafter a long daystaff was friendlybagelsvery nice hotelquick stop
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Perfectly located between Ohio and South Carolina, was a great stopping point in a very pretty area up in the Virginia mountains. Chances are you'll end up meeting someone there who is either going to or coming from Myrtle, Charleston, or Hilton Head. A pretty new property, everything was very nice, and the staff were accomodating. The continental in the morning was decent, above average but not anything to write home about (are any of them?). The breakfast area was very nice and comfortable.
Rooms were clean, and we had no problems with noise, access, check in, check out, etc. There isn't too much to say, which is a great thing in regards to hotels used for a stopover. Anything more to say usually means problems...

2  Thank jmmiller08
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We stayed here one night on our way to North Carolina. It was a perfect stop for us and I wished we could have stayed longer. We used the government rate for our room so we did not get the suite with couch, but the room was still a good size with refridgerator and microwave. The front desk staff are helpful and the hotel is clean. I would stay here again

1  Thank cat15
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Stayed here for a few nights for business in Bluefield, WV (which was sold out--yes, the whole town!). Overall a great stay! Mattress was a little hard for my tastes, but my fiance thinks I like our mattress too soft anyways, so maybe I'm just odd! The rest of the room and bathroom were clean and comfortable.

The breakfast spread is OK, I was able to grab a Jimmy Dean sausage/egg/cheese biscuit and heat it before running out the door with it. Also took a banana and some peanut butter each day as well.

The only two downsides (and why I'm not giving them 5 stars): For one, everyday upon returning from Bluefield I had to have the front desk renew my cards for my room. Really annoying when returning from a trade show with armloads of stuff! The nice woman at the front explained that I shouldn't keep the card near my cell phones in my purse, but I had the card in my wallet and I've never had a problem with my bank & credit cards not working... Maybe the hotel cards just aren't as durable.

Also, no full-length mirrors in the rooms at all. Just the large mirror over the sink in the bathroom, and a mirror over the desk in the room. I tried standing as far away from the room mirror as possible, but couldn't get all of my 5'7" in the mirror. Oh well. Not a deal breaker, but kind of annoying.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank newb85
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We stayed i night here enroute to Smoky mt. The hotel was clean and attractive. Beds were very comfortable Breakfast was just average with breakfast sandwiches to heat. Biggest con front desk at check in was polite but did not offer any details about facillity or breakfast . Later that day and evening no one was at desk or within sight, not just once but several times
The room was a little pricey even with senior discount but was probably in line with similar properties in area. Would likely stay there again.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here on my down to Isle of Palms, SC for a week at thye beach with my wife and friends. The hotel appears to be fairly new, exceptionally clean and well staffed. This what I have come to expect from Marriott brands and this location did not disapoint. It's also why I'm just a few nights away from Platinum Elite.

Great free breakfast and the hotel provides free wireless internet (didnt use the wi-fi).

The rate for a Friday night was $127 sans tax which I thought should have been more like $99.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple