“Pleased with stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We stayed here one night on our way to North Carolina. It was a perfect stop for us and I wished we could have stayed longer. We used the government rate for our room so we did not get the suite with couch, but the room was still a good size with refridgerator and microwave. The front desk staff are helpful and the hotel is clean. I would stay here again

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cat15

Reviewed September 29, 2011

Stayed here for a few nights for business in Bluefield, WV (which was sold out--yes, the whole town!). Overall a great stay! Mattress was a little hard for my tastes, but my fiance thinks I like our mattress too soft anyways, so maybe I'm just odd! The rest of the room and bathroom were clean and comfortable.

The breakfast spread is OK, I was able to grab a Jimmy Dean sausage/egg/cheese biscuit and heat it before running out the door with it. Also took a banana and some peanut butter each day as well.

The only two downsides (and why I'm not giving them 5 stars): For one, everyday upon returning from Bluefield I had to have the front desk renew my cards for my room. Really annoying when returning from a trade show with armloads of stuff! The nice woman at the front explained that I shouldn't keep the card near my cell phones in my purse, but I had the card in my wallet and I've never had a problem with my bank & credit cards not working... Maybe the hotel cards just aren't as durable.

Also, no full-length mirrors in the rooms at all. Just the large mirror over the sink in the bathroom, and a mirror over the desk in the room. I tried standing as far away from the room mirror as possible, but couldn't get all of my 5'7" in the mirror. Oh well. Not a deal breaker, but kind of annoying.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank newb85
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We stayed i night here enroute to Smoky mt. The hotel was clean and attractive. Beds were very comfortable Breakfast was just average with breakfast sandwiches to heat. Biggest con front desk at check in was polite but did not offer any details about facillity or breakfast . Later that day and evening no one was at desk or within sight, not just once but several times
The room was a little pricey even with senior discount but was probably in line with similar properties in area. Would likely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here on my down to Isle of Palms, SC for a week at thye beach with my wife and friends. The hotel appears to be fairly new, exceptionally clean and well staffed. This what I have come to expect from Marriott brands and this location did not disapoint. It's also why I'm just a few nights away from Platinum Elite.

Great free breakfast and the hotel provides free wireless internet (didnt use the wi-fi).

The rate for a Friday night was $127 sans tax which I thought should have been more like $99.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2011

My last review of this hotel was stellar. That was only 4 months ago. This hotel is going downhill fast. My room smelled horribly when I arrived; thank goodness for travel size Febreeze, bathroom not clean, floor needed vacuumed, front desk personnel unfriendly and non-existent (seems they hide in the back to avoid helping anyone). I will try the Hampton Inn and suites next door the next time I travel through this area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Older facility that is extremely well maintained and spotless.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Room & bathroom large & clean.
Great nightlight in bathroom. Dining area spotless & food VERY good. ALL personnel were polite & friendly.

• Stayed: August 2011