“Clean and Comfy”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Cape Coral, Florida
“Clean and Comfy”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

This was our first stay at Country Inn and Suites on a trip from FL to OH. Front desk service was very friendly and efficient, helping us to find a great dinner at the Log Cabin Restaurant, letting us know about the amenities, decently priced, and comfortable rooms. Also loved the front porch rockers and the mountain view! After staying here we stayed at 2 more Country Inn and Suites on the way home! Only down side was being able to feel people upstairs walking around.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 16, 2011

My wife, 2 year old daughter and I stayed at this hotel to cut our trip in half from Pittsburgh to Raleigh. At check in I inquired about upgrading to a 1 bedroom suite (easier with my daughter) and the manager Nick was outstanding in helping us do so (at a very small cost). The room was nice, clean, and good sized. After settling in we went down to the indoor pool which was very well taken care of and perfect temperature. As we were going out to eat we stopped at the front desk to see what was around...probably 20 restaurants were available and the desk guided us there and even gave suggestions on not where to go.

Eating:
The front desk always has freshly baked cookies and grab bags in the morning (water, granola bar)...not to mention the free breakfast. We all know the typical hotel free breakfast and this blew it away. Juice, milk, coffee, donuts, bagels, biscuits with gravy, waffles, cereal, hash browns, eggs, yogurt, ham and more. I would have actually paid for this.

I will definitely be staying at a Country Inn again and suggest everyone to do so. Not to mention the gas in Wytheville was .40 cents cheaper than anywhere the entire trip. Happy Travels.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Stayed here for a night on the first part of a tour on the way to Tennessee. The room was very nice with a comfortable bed. Pool was pretty small but was a good temperature and the hot tub was a good size with the temperature on the hotter side. Cookies were available in the lobby and they were very good. Fitness center was small and hard to find but it got the job done. I also liked the seating in the front. Breakfast buffet in the morning was small but nice and had these really good small donuts. The staff was also quick to refill things. I suggest trying the passionfruit-guava juice-- it was really tasty! I filled a water bottle with it to have on the road.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank jjc927
florida
Reviewed May 4, 2011

When I checked in we weren't told the hotel was without water due to a water main break in the town. The owner, Nick Patel, kept telling us by phone that it would be back on in 10-15 minutes. Three hours passed before the water came back on, and by this time it was 9pm and we were too tired to look elsewhere for a room. I spoke to the owner by phone and he was arrogant, rude, and used profanity while talking to me. The most unprofessional conduct I have seen. I will never stay at County Inn and Suites again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank tamsterflorida
Zanesville, Ohio
Reviewed April 3, 2011

I stayed here March 30, 2011 with my two children and was very pleased. As a single mother it can be scary traveling alone with your children, this hotel made me feel safe and I was able to recharge for the drive to South Carolina. My children loved the pool and i loved the fluffy bed pillows. We also enjoyed the wonderful breakfast. I also really appreciated that the front desk clerk made me aware of the weather before we left. I drive through the area a couple times a year and will stay here again!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 12, 2011

I would have loved this hotel if the service was better. I usually stay at the Hampton Inn, but the rates went up for my company and the rate at this hotel was very favorable. The problem I had was with the lady that checked me in. She was eating pizza and refused to put it down while checking me in and was very rude in the way she spoke to me. As she explained where to sign, she spit on the paper and never said a word about it. I was very offended and would have left, but I had no choice but to stay there. I will not be back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank anirishtraveller10
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I was on my to Florida from Ohio and picked this hotel out of the coupon book because of the great rate. The grounds are fantastic when you pull up and the hotel itself was very clean. The woman who waited on us however was incredibly rude. She checked us in while talking on her cell phone and after calling many times to set up a wake up call there was no reply, when I went down to get some cookies for my children and husband there were none and the clerk was being incredibly loud and cursing of her phone again (not something I want my children to be around). When we got up to our room which was on the fifth floor the room was excellent and very comfortable. Our children had a great time in the swimming pool and dinner at the local "Sagebrush" was wonderful. Breakfast the next morning was wonderful, the breakfast attendant was wonderful and quick to make friends with us, very helpful as well. Everything was wonderful except the service. If I had been 10 years younger (which the woman who checked us in was my age) with no children it may have been a different story but I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone with children.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family