“Nice place, typical great Hampton experience”

Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Woodstock
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We spent one night Oct 12, 2012 on a visit to Luray Caverns, Skyline Drive, and the fall festival at Grave's mountain. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, and the hotel is brand new in immaculate condition. The room was spacious, clean, and the bathroom was exceptionally large, including the tub. My wife was able to take a bath, which is normally not the case in hotels with the tiny tubs you normally see. The bed was just ok and not the most comfortable, but that's more my issue due to back problems that can flare up. The free breakfast was good and had a decent variety of food, and the coffee was actually stronger than usual, which was a nice surprisse. We didn't use the pool or workout room, but both looked great.

Not too many hotels to choose from in the Woodstock/New Market area, so I would highly recommend this one.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank David S
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We recently stayed at this Hampton while in town for a friend's wedding...Check in was easy, the front desk attendant was friendly, our room was super clean and spacious. Breakfast was great, hot and tasty, with a lot of variety. Parking and access was convenient. If I have to be in this area again, I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarieJ1979
Reviewed October 17, 2012

we moved to this hotel from a Microtel that was a nightmare. This hotel is brand new, the breakfast was excellent and the beds were amazing comfy. we would definitely stay there again. the staff was very friendly and accomodating. can't beat the location - right off the highway - and the price

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank c b
Reviewed September 27, 2012

we stayed for a few days early August had a great time. Nice hotel, clean, pretty We had a suite with 2 beds the room was huge, clean, comfortable and a great price. The staff was great and very helpfull.Convenient location lots of places to eat nearby, right off the highway and close to luray , shenandoa parkway, shenandoa caves. would definately go back again.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We visisted this hotel on our to Luray and Virginia Beach. What a gem. The rooms are immaculate. The staff is friendly and heplful. I am know this hotel is not near a major population centre but if you are looking for a break on a long roadtrip, you cannot go wrong here. I have visited many Hampton Inns over the past few years but there are none better than this location.

Room Tip: Try one of the large suites for some extra space when visiting with family.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had a business meeting nearby, and stayed the night since it was easy off and on the highway. It is at the end of a cul-de-sac so the bustle of local traffic was muted. It was placed next to the highway, so I suggest you have a room AWAY from the highway, which I did, and it was VERY quiet! The staff are attentive and responsive. I did not partake in the breakfast, although many others did. I went to the McDonalds a few yards away, and that was good for me. There are gas stations and other fast food joints there as well. The price for one night was a bit more expensive than I expected.. but the rooms were clean, and no odors or maintenance issues. I read some of the other reviewers and while they are sometimes negative, I did not find this place that bad. I did not give it a 5 because of the price and basic experience, not the service. I give 5's for outstanding experiences, such as a resort or fancy location with lots of competition and they stand out. I would stay here again, and recommend this as a great stay for a road weary traveler.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the highway when booking
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stopped in for the night on our way home from New York. Maybe it is because we were so tired but the beds were as comfortable as home. The hotel is beautiful, extremely clean, and they offered healthy options for breakfast! I am a runner so that is important to me.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Holiday Inn Express Woodstock / Shenandoah Valley
Hotel Laurance
#3 of 9 in Luray
Days Inn Luray Shenandoah
Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg Shenandoah Valley

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock? Share your experiences!