“Clean Rooms and Healthy Breakfast”

Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Woodstock
Arkansas
“Clean Rooms and Healthy Breakfast”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stopped in for the night on our way home from New York. Maybe it is because we were so tired but the beds were as comfortable as home. The hotel is beautiful, extremely clean, and they offered healthy options for breakfast! I am a runner so that is important to me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Conveniently located near exit/entrance to I-81. Lots of gas stations and fast food joints nearby. The hotel wasn't east to find. It is situated off the road by several hundred yards and behind the Holiday Inn Express which has a huge sign but the Hampton Inn sign is about as big as one of those signs you put in your front yard for your favorite politician. The desk clerk told me the city wont permit them a bigger sign so dont expect that situation to resolve anytime soon We opted for a suite. It had a king size bed at one end of the room and a cloth sofa with ottoman at the other. The room was divided by an 11 foot long desk/ dresser combo that almost required you to step onto the bath area to get around it. A flat screen TV is on a wall mounted swivel so you can watch TV from bed or the sofa. There is a m'wave, fridge and wet bar. A paper towel holder next to the wet bar is a nice touch. The AC is controlled by a wall mounted thermostat and worked well. There is plenty of lighting including a switch on the wall of the bath area that turns on a light in the closet, another nice touch. The room darkening shades work very well against the early morning light. The tub and commode are in a separate room away from the bath sink. That allows the mirror not to fog from the bath's steam. There is a hook immediately adjacent to the shower curtain for your towel. My wife liked that so much I may have to install one at home. The facial tissue holder near the commode would be better of next to the sink. The art work in the room and halls may be purchased online. Ask the front desk clerk for a brochure. Breakfast was a little better than average hotel fare with choices of juice or cut up fruit, eggs, make-em yourself waffles, cereals and four kinds of coffee. You eat in a room separate from where the food is available, plenty of tables The front desk staff was very helpful the clerk offered a sheet with discounts for various local businesses. Parking is convenient to the front entrance. There were only two negative things that kept this review from being all 5's. The hair dryer in the room did not work. We reported this to the front desk on three separate occasions- they were aware and even had a note on their desk- but when we checked out it still had not been repaired. Moreover, when I made the reservation by phone directly with the hotel I was not advised that the room on Saturday night would be more than for Friday night. I paid the difference and didn't say anything but I should have.

• Stayed September 2012
Arlington
Reviewed September 8, 2012

If it weren't for the temperature, we would give this hotel more points. It is spacious, clean (including washed duvet covers), has a nice indoor pool and fitness room, and offers free hot breakfast. But we were there on Labor Day Weekend and felt cold everywhere in the hotel except in the pool. In our room, the AC was set to 69 degrees, so we turned it off, but there was still a lot of cold air coming out of a vent near the bathroom, which was not adjustable, so it always felt really cold in our bathroom. The only way to make our room warmer would have been to turn the heat on, which seems kind of stupid and wasteful when it's 80 or 90 degrees outside. We mentioned the problem to the receptionist, but he didn't know how to help us either. The hallways were even colder, my guess is around 65 degrees, not very nice when you walk to or from the pool.

Room Tip: We had a room that was not facing I-81, and it was quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We were kicked out of the Holiday Inn next door by KP because he "didn't like my attitude" after I caught him in a lie about there being no more non-smoking rooms. My wife and four year old were welcomed next door at the Hampton Inn and had a great stay. Dont waste your time or money with bad management at the Holiday Inn Express and go to the Hampton Inn first off instead.

• Stayed August 2012
Chicago
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way back to Washington DC. The hotel is extremely clean and well maintained. The beds are comfortable, the decor warm and friendly, the staff knowledgeable and patient. I think we got a lot for what we paid for. We would definitely stay there again if we're ever in the area.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stopped here for two nights to visit Luray Caverns and do some hiking. We really liked this Hampton Inn and found it clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great and the front-desk staff was very nice and helpful. Only drawback to my family was that the cookies promised at night always seemed to be gone when we stopped by -- oh, and the hottub was cold. Otherwise, it was a great and economical choice.

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My cousin was getting married in Virginia and this was the hotel where my family stayed. I really liked the Hampton Inn! The breakfast was delicious and the beds were really comfortable! The only reason why I didn't say excellent was because it is right next to the I-81 and sometimes you can hear the cars going by. But I would stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Holiday Inn Express Woodstock / Shenandoah Valley
Hotel Laurance
#3 of 9 in Luray
Days Inn Luray Shenandoah
Quality Inn Shenandoah Valley

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock? Share your experiences!