“Great place for the price”
Review of Joe's Steakhouse

Joe's Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Woodstock
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Very good food for the money. Nice wine list, great steak. I had the beef skewers but my fiancee scored with the hickory marinaded steak. Highly recommend.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Went to Joe's Steakhouse for a family gathering, my youngest grandson had just graduated
Friday, so the family celebrated Saturday at Joe's, the best Rib eye steak I have had in a long time,
the waitress was very accommodating and she bent over backwards to serve us (Amber) is an excellent waitress and she was a delight to have as a waitress, wish more waitress were as good as Amber.

Quanah and Sonny Parker

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and I have been to Joe's Steakhouse several times, most recently this evening, and were once again pleasently surprised. Amber, our waitress, was great! Friendly, and had great recommendations regarding the menu. The scallop appetizer she recommended was close to the best we've had. My ribeye was not too fatty (as ribeye can be at times), flavorful, and cooked to perfection, and my wife loved her crab cake and filet dinner. The green beans were a little wilty (my only gripe). We never usually get desert, but since everything is homemade, we decided to splurge, and loved the peanut butter pie and bread pudding. Highly recommend this restaurant if you want a great meal in Woodstock, VA!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was at Joe's for an event in the upstairs room. I've been there before for these events but have never ordered off their menu. The first time I did it was a mixed bag, with only two items being fair or excellent. I'll cover those first. The seasoned bread they serve is excellent. We ordered house salads, which come with one of two cheese choices, walnuts and pear. The pear was canned, totally not what either of us pictured. The walnuts didn't exist and were replaced with sliced almonds. Not a word from our server regarding the same. What if someone had an almond allergy? We also ordered an appetizer of the potato skins. They came AFTER the salads and were oily with very little bacon. Then we overheard the table seated next to us complaining that the chili was wrong, the steak on their salad was underdone and that their salad wasn't fresh. The server offered to cook the meat more so that the patron could take it home to which the patron denied. No offer to take it off the bill. Talk about a mess. Given the sub par appetizer and the salad not being what was advertised there's no way I'd risk spending money there for dinner. I may go back for another event but we certainly won't be ordering any food.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Since Joe Wobbe opened Joe's Steakhouse in Woodstock, Virginia, my wife and I have eaten there on numerous occasions and we have never had a bad meal. The food has always been excellent, especially the ribeye, fillet mignon, calamari, mussels, shrimp with firecracker sauce and on and on and on. The waitresses and waiters have always been friendly with us and have always given us great service.
If you want a relaxing evening with an excellent meal and good service in a restaurant with a nice atmosphere, manned by a friendly staff, we would highly recommend Joe's.
If you are looking for fast food at cheap prices, you need to try "Junk Food Alley", (Burger King, McDonalds, Arby's, KFC, Pizza Hut, Cracker Barrel, etc., etc.). "Junk Food Alley" is located at the intersection of Rt. 42 and Rt. 81 (Exit 283) off of Rt. 81 in Woodstock, Virginia. Otherwise, ...go to Joe's!.