“Nice rib-eye!”

Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Woodstock
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Knowing we'd be spending the night in this little town on our way home, I searched TripAdvisor for recommendations. I noted the eclectic Zee Restaurant and might like to have tried that but, on the road we were seeking something more familiar. Joe's Steakhouse was rated #1 of 17 restaurants in Woodstock that very quickly ran to fast-food outlets.

It's easy to spot on South Main Street and parking was a breeze. The atmosphere is cordial, kind of rustic with many obvious regulars (read: older folks) at the tables. We took seats at the bar and shared the rib-eye, which was recommended to us by the folks at the Holiday Inn Express. (Although I later wondered since they were, I'm pretty sure, Indian and don't they eschew beef?)

It came with a choice of sides so we went with the green beans and mashed sweet potatoes with brown sugar and pecans. We couldn't finish the potatoes and we were nicely sated. As my husband said, who needs dessert with those sweet taters?

I recommend this place to anyone who happens to be passing through. Ask your bartender if her name isn't Amelia Marie and find out the names of her six sisters, all initialled A.M. :)

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Recommended by hotel staff. Quaint location in Woodstock, nice ambiance for dinner. Friendly wait staff. The ribeye was seasoned and cooked to perfection. Better than your average meal on the road. But, if you are a big Cracker Barrel fan you would probably not like Joe's as much.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The food was incredible! The accomodations are very tight, but lovely. The waitstaff is young and fairly inexperienced. We went in at 6:20 on Saturday and four hours later we were finally leaving. Our sweet and well-meaning waiter forgot to fire our order and after sitting with a six year old watching the entire restaurant turn its tables almost twice over he finally let us know he made a mistake and would put the order in right away...but... the prime rib was no longer available and he had the chef make a ribeye instead. First of all he should have come to us immediately, second he should have asked what the customer wanted instead and how they wanted it prepared, third, the manager should have come to the table when they became aware of the sitiuation from their staff not me and lastly if management touched every table they would know themselves where a potential problem is. Thank goodness the food made up for service. I would go back again, but I will be very hands-on about the order process.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Celebrated a graduation here. Food was excellent. Fairly priced, steaks higher but still reasonable. Stop here!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Had a free dinner coupon from a hotel package deal and the staff gave me a hardtime about it they thought I could have been lying, I also saw that I was the only one of my kind in that restaurant, because of their snottyness I purposely ordered the filet mignon deliverately never eating there again