“Lots of charm, decent food”

Spring House Tavern
Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Woodstock
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I took a back country road drive to the quaint town of Woodstock in search of a nice pub or two and some shopping. We stopped at the Spring House Tavern and found it suited the bill. The bar itself is small (only 4 stools) but the bartender is very attentive. They have a nice beer selection. I'm not shy, so I asked a few people at surrounding tables what they ate and what they recommend. I got a luke warm set of varied reviews - which surprised me, but honesty is what I was looking for. I ordered the fried catfish (awesome!) and my husband got the 'angry bird' wrap (great, but wasn't as spicy as advertised/expected). The restaurant has a lot of charm with its decorations and use of small rooms to house several tables. I can imagine this place would be wonderful for small groups where you could hear each other and feel like you have your own private restaurant inside the restaurant! They had good background music playing. I'll revisit next time I'm in town.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

The Spring House has a lot of potential, but the staff seems more concerned with their own social lives rather than doing their jobs. Friends come first at Spring House, customers second. The food isn't worth the disrespect.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have been coming here for many years and still enjoy eating here. Years ago they had a great salad bar and it was a little more elegant then. Now it is more casual and the steaks a still very good. The "Springhouse steak" is one of the best steaks I have ever had. It is a marinated strip steak, excellent! Great ribs and burgers also.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We went to the Spring House Tavern because the Hampton Inn Woodstock staff recommended it and we got 10% off with our key card. We were a group of 8 so they added 18% tip automatically. The food is decent but a bit slow. They were out of some food because it was Christmas Eve and they did not get their shipment so we had no bread.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stopped in here for a snack while visiting town for a wedding....the server was very friendly and the food was ok... we shared the loaded fries...fries were of the frozen variety, but the toppings were fresh...BF had a beer, which was good. Prices were reasonable...the only issue we had was the lady sitting on the other side of the restaurant who spoke so loudly...it was obnoxious ( we know her name, place of employment, where she has her furniture upholstered, and how she does the holiday schedule at work...not joking!)...but that wasn't the restaurants fault.