“Very nice...”

Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Woodstock
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Food and service, recommended by our hotel, nicely converted into a tavern, was a bath house during Civil War.
Every employee greeted us, and the food was great ! Tried white carrots for the first time ! My husband said the ribs were great ! Go M

Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a casual place to eat that would not involve changing out of our traveling clothes. On our hotel's recommendation, we tried the Spring House Tavern on Main Street, not more than 10 minutes off Rt 42, if that far. We both had burgers - I had the Southwest burger - and they were outstanding! Cooked just the way we wanted them, not like the hockey pucks some places serve for fear of dread diseases. The service was very pleasant and also very efficient. We'll go back there for sure the next time we're visiting family in that area. I'd certainly recommend the place.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

7 of us from 8 to 74 ate a delightful lunch of assorted apppetizers. All were very tasty. The drinks are good too and very reasonable. Nice atmosphere and pleasant service.

1  Thank elmo70
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Being From the dc area it's somewhat a culture shock to come to this small town but everyone was friendly, the food was good and well priced. We had the steak and southwest burger. Would recommend

Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

We were in Wiodstock to visit Luray Caverns and stumbled onto Spring House Tavern. Our meal was very good. We were all pleased with the choices we made. Our son ordered the Angry Bird wrap minus the angry and they were very accommodating to fix his way.
I rated their atmosphere a little low because some of it needed dusting and it could use a little sprucing up. But the place seemed generally clean, and I'm funny about that. But very quaint looking.