“Relaxation found”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woodstock
Inn at Narrow Passage
Ranked #1 of 3 Woodstock B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 22, 2009

My husband and I have stressful and over - scheduled days. We needed a place to relax. We needed a place near to DC, but did not want to feel like we are in the city. This Inn and the professional Innkeepers make this the perfect stop. We relaxed in the swinging chair and enjoyed lunch down by the babbling river just feet from the Inn. We took a lovely walk along the winding horse lane. The bed was very comfortable and the breakfast delicious. The nearby town was wonderful for meandering and dinner, there's even a small movie theatre! Its easily done over a normal weekend (though we did enjoy extending our stay one more night!). Visit the Inn at Narrow Passage, your wife/girlfriend will be very pleased you took them away.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 26, 2009

The INN at NARROW PASSAGE in WOODSTOCK, VA. is positively the most
wonderful Inn I have ever had the pleasure to stay in. You feel as if you are with family.
The service is EXCELLENT, the food TERRIFIC the Innkeepers are the BEST. Do take
some time from your busy schedule to spend a weekend or more at the INN. You will not regret one moment of your stay.

ANNE N.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2009

i can't praise this BED AND BREAKFAST enough. to start with the location is BEAUTIFUL AND SERINE. chock full of civil war history. the room was cozy and comfortable.an added plus was the porch right OUTSIDE OUR DOOR. secondly, the owner ed was attentive and a plesure to be around. the breakfast was good also! thirdly, there is plenty to do in the area {WITHIN DRIVING DISTANCE}.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Our weekend at the Inn was fantastic. Although I was alone all day, as I had arranged fly fishing lessons for my husband Bill, a gift for Father's Day. The problem was he needed the car, so I was forced to relax (for me that is difficult). I was very surprised how much I loved the scenery, location and peace and quiet. Watched two movies, read two books and enjoyed the sunshine on the porch. Breakfast served with a smile and the personal touch was a great start of the day.
The Inn Keepers are the best. I personally want to thank them for taking care of me while I was stranded, but what a GREAT PLACE to be stranded at.
Thanks again for great weekend and making us feel like family and thanks again for the coffee Ed. We will see you again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2009

My husband and I were looking for a 3 day getaway not far from the city where we could relax and enjoy some time together. We are in our 20s and just wanted something quiet where we could do some cycling and maybe some hiking. I booked at the Inn at Narrow Passage mostly because other places didn't have availability or had really bad reviews. This was one of the best hotel stays we've ever had. The historic Inn was absolutely charming on the outside. It has tons of character and is situated right on the Shenandoah river. Adirondack chairs set on the lawn provided a great place to sip wine in the evenings and watch the sun go down. The yard is well kept with flower gardens in abundance. Most rooms have a covered porch with two chairs sitting outside. We sat out on the porch and watched a spring rain in the evening one night. There is a common area with tons of magazines to peruse no matter what your interest as well as free soda and snacks. They also had free cookies set out which really hit the spot after dinner in the evenings. Breakfast was great in the mornings. Breakfast is in a large dining room and we had the opportunity to meet lots of other nice people that were also staying at the Inn. Breakfast featured fresh fruit, warm scones, assorted coffee cakes, and a main entree which was eggs and bacon one day and french toast and sausage the other day. The bacon was some of the best I've ever had. They also had cereal, OJ, granola, yogurt, and tea if you preferred a smaller meal.

The rooms were simple and decorated in an older country style but they were cozy and clean which is my number one requirement. I wasn't thrilled with the decor by the pictures online as I'm more of an IKEA person myself, but it fit in with the surroundings and was kind of charming. There was satellite TV as well as a mini-fridge and a hair dryer which was great because I left mine at home. It is an older inn but they still had a lot of modern conveniences that I wasn't expecting but appreciated.

Ed the inn-keeper is very friendly and helpful and pointed us in the direction of really good local food. We ate at Joe's steakhouse the first night and The spring house tavern the second night. Both were wonderful. We love meeting people on our vacations and having a local to recommend activities and restaurants. Ed was great for this.

Our first day, we spent the day cycling 70 miles. The inn is a great place to start from if you're in the area for cycling. There are great country roads around the inn. The second day we went horseback riding which was exciting and on the third day we did Luray caverns. Ed was nice enough to make sandwhiches for us to take on our trail ride. We also went for an evening walk down the street that the Inn is situated on. There is a foot bridge across the river right next to the Inn that was a lot of fun to walk across.

We drove by a civil war re-enactment in a neighboring town and stopped at a charming local coffee shop another evening. While we didn't go to a vineyard, there are several in the area and if you're a cyclist, there are several within biking distance. We are saving that for next time. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2009

The Inn at Narrow Passage is a charming place to stay and I would recommend it to others, the main qualm with this B&B is the room rate. The room was a nice size, clean and tastefully decorated (though a little dated). A big plus about the room/Inn is the free wifi. I had no trouble connecting and using the wireless network provided by the inn. The bathroom was of decent size, the sink area was a bit cramped, though. In addition, there were some plumbing issues that required some time with a plunger. The breakfast did not have a spectacular selection -- more like a continental buffet style, but very tasty. The grounds were possibly the best attribute considering the appearance and the history. There is one thing potential visitors should be aware of -- Rte. 11. The road noise from Rte. 11 is noticible, albeit the most noticble during the day. The owners were very hospitable and accommodating, in particular our late check-in and late check-out. With all that said, I think I would be more forgiving of the toilet, breakfast, road noise; etc, if the room rate was a bit less.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2009

As we were traveling south on I-81, my husband and I decided to call it a night and finish our journey the following day. Unfortunately, the pickings are slim with regards to hotels in western Virginia and many of the smaller inns and B&B's do not allow children (we have a 6 year old). I did a quick internet search and found the Inn at Narrow Passage, made a phone call and were checked into our spacious room about 15 minutes later. The innkeepers treated us as members of their own family. The room was comfortable, the grounds a delight and the breakfast, delicious. Remember, this is a small Inn, if you are looking for a pool and little bottles of shampoo, go to the Hampton Inn down the road. If you are looking for class and history, the Inn at Narrow Passage is for you.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock
Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg Shenandoah Valley
Hotel Strasburg
Hotel Strasburg
#3 of 5 in Strasburg

Been to Inn at Narrow Passage? Share your experiences!