“Passing through stay”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Woodstock
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Used this hotel to pass through to Atlanta. Very dog friendly even though it's $10 per dog. They even give you a special dog bag with treats and a ball. Clean, safe, friendly, and good breakfast. Quiet and far off view of the tops of the mountains. A little library of Christian books is displayed to buy in the lobby. Price a little high, but might just be the area and timing since we went on a weekend. Overall good area around the hotel. Easy access to 7-11 store for Slurpee fans like me. Most people take advantage of the breakfast including: eggs, toast, fruit, waffles, juice, coffee, cereal, biscuits, gravy, and more. Room was spacious including a good size bathroom. Overall great stay and would stop here again in a heartbeat. The beds are very comfy with 4 pillows and everything non-feather (which I appreciate since I'm allergic to feather down). Thank you Comfort Inn!

Room Tip: Top floor has a nice view of the mountains, even though far off.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stopped at this GOLD STAR Comfort Inn right off of I81 in Woodstock, VA. Easy on/off location in quaint town with eateries - but the best part is the incredible view of the mountains. Great entry way. Pleasant greeting. One computer near the front desk. The hallways are wide and my room was large. And the breakfast was better than most of the same calibur. I thought it was also a good value. Ask for a mountain side view room.

Room Tip: Choose a mountain side room and take a few minutes to check out the cute little town.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Will stay here again, good $ value. We were here with a large family for a graduation celebration. Breakfast was better than most. Pillows and white comforters were comfy and the shower pressure was very good. Right off Rt 81. Staff was pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We were afraid to stop on US81 near Winchester because we have had bad experiences with motels in this region. However, based on Trip Advisor reviews, we decided to try the Woodstock VA Comfort Inn. From the first call to get a room, to our exit, our stay couldn't have been nicer. This is a dog-friendly and people-friendly motel. The facility is spotless. Security is top-notch, with cameras and doors that lock. Access to rooms is via an interior hallway, like high-end hotels, not flea-bag motels. Breakfast was hot, with many nice choices. We placed this motel in our GPS to remember it for future trips. Thus, if you are trudging through the hills of northwestern VA, either stay here in Woodstock, or continue on to West Virginia. This is one of the nicest motels we have ever stayed in! Don't forget to mention any discounts at check-in (AAA, etc.). They don't show up on the Comfort Inn website.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dmeische
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had never stayed in a Comfort Inn before. It has always been a nicer hotel. I stayed at this Comfort Inn and was quite pleased! The staff were very friendly and helpful. They called me in the room to make sure everything was to my liking, and did everything they could to make my stay a pleasant one. The bed was great! This is a big feature for me, and I slept very well.
I left very early, and even though it was early, they had fresh coffee downstairs. Comfort in now rates high on my list!

Room Tip: There is no one tip to give except to stop there and give them a try. You'll love it!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Spacious room that was clean, tastefully decorated with a nice spacious bathroom. Staff was friendly and helpful. They called our room after we were settled to see if everything was satisfactory. We arrived late in the afternoon and was told that there was recently made popcorn in a machine in the breakfast area if we wanted it. The motel has a $1.50 charge for a safe. If you don't use it and tell them at checkout, they remove the charge from your bill.. This is something I don't like in quite a few Comfort Inns. The breakfast was typical Comfort Inn with a waffle machine, a chafing dish with hot food, hard boiled eggs, cereals, breads etc. The only disappointment was that they did not have butter. There is a space available discount coupon in booklets found in rest areas.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

It is very simple.... excellent hotel. Very clean, staff friendly and accomodating. The complimentary breakfast was also great. We like that they add at least a couple "warm" components to the choices. We stayed in a king suite and added a roll away bed to accomodate me, my husband and 2 teenage boys. It is very conveniently located right off the highway and there is a great little restaurant only a couple minutes away "Joe's Steakhouse" and I would suggest reservations because it is a little small.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Holiday Inn Express Woodstock / Shenandoah Valley
Quality Inn Shenandoah Valley
Hotel Laurance
Hotel Laurance
#3 of 9 in Luray

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!