“Clean, comfortable hotel.”

Holiday Inn Express Woodstock / Shenandoah Valley
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Woodstock
Reviewed October 28, 2009

I would agree with most of the review written by Momwiththree94, below. We had a King bed room, very clean, very comfortable and lots of room. We didn't have any problems with the bathroom. I think the streaks/marks on the granite worktops were simply part of the stone itself. (perhaps a budget cut of granite!) The pool was closed when we were there so I cannot comment. Breakfast was great, very busy but everyone seemed to get a seat. The employee kept the food very well stocked right up until she started to remove it at the end of the set breakfast time!
We had a problem with noise from traffic which kept my husband awake, (he is a light sleeper). There seemed to be a continual drone of trucks passing by on the interstate. We requested a different room the next night and after a bit of discussion we got one on the opposite side, away from the interstate and that was very quiet.
We stayed here to hike in the Shenandoah NP but found that it was quite a drive each day and would probably try to get somewhere closer next time. However for the price and availability at a busy time of year it was great. Overall I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again if we couldn't get anywhere closer for the same price/condition of hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jpbs833

Reviewed August 17, 2009

My family recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on our way home from Florida. The hotel is quite new and the entrance way is beautiful for a HI Express. The lobby and great room was well kept and clean. The great room area consists of huge windows that basically go from the floor to the ceiling. As these windows are beautiful, they do present a problem for people eating breakfast, as the sun cannot be blocked out and the room was quite warm.

The rooms were clean. They only consisted of two double beds. We prefer queen size beds. However the beds were comfortable and you are given a choice of firm or soft pillows. The beds are triple sheeted with no bedspreads, which I prefer. The room also had a desk and chair, additional easy chair with small table, dresser and LCD television. There was an abundance of television channels available. The hotel offers free WI-FI which is a plus.

The bathroom was quite small. The sink area had a granite countertop, however upon closer view, you could see that it was streaked and marked up quite a bit. The fan in the bathroom was broken so it did become quite warm during showers. The tub area was very clean, and the shower head was nice. The small shelf area in the bathtub was missing.

The bath towels were very nice, however there were only three in the room - so if you have 4 family members, you need to request more. The toiletries were okay.

The hotel did have an outdoor pool. We did use the pool - it was fenced in and had ample tables and chairs. There were not enough pool towels, available. The water temperature was a little cool, but it was fine. The water itself could have been cleaner.

The hotel also offers a breakfast. As I mentioned above, the great room/lobby is where it is held. The tables and chairs are very nice, however, they are not functional. When people are sitting at the tables next to you, it is hard to get around the chairs as they are quite big and little too lavish for the area. The breakfast area was quite crowded. It seemed to be set up in a way that was not functional as well. There was a large island area with decorative flowers on it, being used for nothing. It seems that this area should be utilized for the plates, cups, napkins, silverware, etc in order to keep the people moving. The employee working the area, was trying very hard to keep things in order. She did a great job considering the set up. The food itself was OK. Standard fair of toast, bagels, muffins, cinnamon rolls, cereals, bisquits, sausage gravy, and scrambled eggs. The eggs obviously were powdered and very rubbery. I did not people around me making comments about them as well.

We used a coupon from the traveler coupon book that you pick up along the interstate so we did get a good rate.

Overall, this was a nice property and great for a stop over.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank MOMWITHTHREE94
Reviewed July 10, 2009

My mother, aunt, and I went on a balloon ride in Woodstock in June. We drove five hours from our town and arrived late in the afternoon. I had already checked Tripadvisor and thought I knew which hotel would be best. However, once we arrived and I could get a closer look, I chose the Holiday Inn Express instead of the Comfort Inn across the road. The room was very comfortable, the parking lot was well lit, the entrance was clean and airy. I took several pictures, becuase I like to see what a room might look like before I get there. We used a coupon found in one of the travelers books from the rest areas and the cost of our stay was very reasonable. We left for our balloon ride by 5am and returned to shower and hit the road. There are several chain restaurants nearby (fast food mostly) and some local spots too. We only ate at the KFC, so I don't have much input there. In the pictures you will see a dink in the tub (just a little chip in the surface) and the shelves in the shower that the glue had turned a funny color, but it was absolutely clean. Overall, this hotel was a nice stay and I would stay there again if I returned to Woodstock.

Reviewed May 27, 2009

Great hotel! the staff and GM were very friendly and helpfully I really enjoyed my one night stay and would do it again if in the area. My friends and I were coming back from doing a motorcycle ride in NC and this was the mid point stop on our way home.
Thanks HI Express for a realty nice stay.

Jerry A

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2009

was really nice very quite SHHHHHHHHHHHH ! very nice clean bed was great. if in area ill stay again!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2009

After experiencing my worst ever hotel stay in VA, (it was at another Inn in Grosseclose, VA -extremely economical at $40 WORST experience!) I chose to drive through VA instead of stay overnight on our way to NY to visit family- until last summer, I decided to give VA another try. It turned out to be the BEST experience at a hotel with easy access on/off I-81. Cleanest hotel, crisp sheets, super sparkling bathroom, super friendly staff. We even enjoyed the breakfast! Best $ spent for a hotel EVER (with AAA). I didn't want to leave :(

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank jailergirl
Reviewed October 26, 2008

We enjoyed our one-night stay at this hotel. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient and went out of their way a couple of times to get answers to our questions about the area. The rooms and public spaces were very attractive and kept spotless. I especially liked the large breakfast area that easily accommodated guests even during the busiest hours of the morning. The breakfast was very good.

I agree with some other reviewers who stated that the traffic from the highway can be heard at times although it didn't keep me awake, and I'm a light sleeper. To be safe though, if staying again, I would ask for a room on the side away from the traffic.

The workout room was small, but it had a couple of tread mills, a stepper, and a bike, as I recall, so it was fine for us.

The value for the price paid was very good. We'd definitely stay at this hotel if in the area again.

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock
Hotel Laurance
Hotel Laurance
#3 of 9 in Luray
Quality Inn Shenandoah Valley

Been to Holiday Inn Express Woodstock / Shenandoah Valley? Share your experiences!