“They are NOT gourmet burgers”

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Ranked #56 of 275 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Alexandria, Virginia
“They are NOT gourmet burgers”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

So, I heard about this place and decided to give it a try. It was just around 1:15 so I figured the lunch crowd was done on Memorial Day. The hostess was nice as was the waiter, and I look over all the different "gourmet" burgers they offer, and decide to give it the real test of a bacon cheeseburger without lettuce, tomato, and mayo, AND I wanted it RARE. The waiter says the best they could do was MEDIUM where it's pink in the middle. I kind of joke with him to try to get the cook to make it more medium rare than pink and he said he would try. This is not a good sign. After all, the signage and stuff in the place talks about burgers the way you "want it"....WELL, where's RARE? So, I'm not happy, but hey, I have to give it a try before I decide.
The burger comes out longer than I wanted to wait and a couple who sat after us got their food before we got ours. So, I check out the bacon burger and it is "done"....not pink, no sign of any blood or even pink slime...cooked past medium. The bacon had very little flavor and when the waiter asked for what kind of cheese, I figured cheddar would give it the real deal....heck, after my first bite of this grilled ALPO, I was not a happy camper....no taste at all.
There is little redemption in all the fries you can eat because the fries is not the main course although it tasted better than my main course.
My advice to you, if you truly like gourmet burgers, skip this place and keep going else where....I hear there's a McDonald's nearby and I think their hamburgers will taste better than Red Robin. Ugh!!!!!

• Visited May 2014

“Gourmet Burger or nah!!!?”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner with my daughter. We were seated all the way to the back. Our waiter is good. After we placed our order, our waiter brought our drinks and we went to the bathroom. When we came back our table was cleared and my daughter's sweater that I left on the seat was gone. Our waiter came and told us that he will get our drinks again because the buss boy cleared our table. There is not a lot of choices in the menu. Since they claimed they serve gourmet burger, I ordered one.
Did not really enjoyed it. Nothing gourmet about it. They do have a lot of drink choices though.

1 Thank giemony
Stafford, Virginia
“Best Visit Ever!!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Stopped off for lunch with my son yesterday! We both ordered the bacon cheeseburger which were awesome. Our waitress, Candice, was the best. She was on top of everything and made sure we had timely drink refills and ensured we had everything!! It's been awhile since we've visited, but definitely plan to visit back soon...

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Mark H
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Go For The Fries”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I like Red Robin's burgers, and their steak fries are very good. I had the Red's Tavern double burger and my wife had the Whiskey BBQ chicken wrap. She also had the onion rings. The rings were a little greasy, but not bad, and we both like the meals we ordered. Kind of a neat place inside as well....as long as you stay away from the kiddie birthday parties on Saturdays!

• Visited September 2013
Dumfries, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great every day stop!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Love Red Robin. They have been a staple choice for dinner or lunch for many years for me. This location is great being close to the mall and the highway!

Typically they have very friendly and nice wait staff! The price's are perfect for what you get!

• Visited August 2013