Stayed 08/11/13 - 08/14/13
If you want to stay outside of the city but not out of reach, the Country Inn & Suites in Woodbridge is a great choice. You can drive into the city (about 45 mins) & park for around $25/day or you can drive to nearest Metro station (Franconia/Springfield) & park for about $5/day. The ride from there to Metro Center will cost about $5/person (one way) off-peak (add another buck or so for peak times).
Room was very clean, including a microwave, coffee maker, & refrigerator. Comfy beds, plenty of pillows, a/c worked wonderfully, plenty of lighting and storage...very pleased with the room.
Breakfast was great in the morning! Daily offerings were waffles, oatmeal, biscuits & gravy, danish, bagels, toast, fresh fruit, muffins, several cereals, & milk/juices/coffee. Also they offer a "changing" item...first day was eggs & bacon, second was a breakfast burrito station...very nice. *Note* If you're taking breakfast back to your room, don't forget to take the tray that your ice bucket/cups are placed on in your room...you'll need this to carry your items unless you are skilled in the art of elevator food transport.
WiFi was free & with good signal & ample speed. Pool area was good...not too large, but ample for the kids. Jacuzzi was OK the first night, however the timer didn't work...just kept running...which was not a problem for me & my back. Unfortunately the second night it just didn't work at all. Housekeeping did a good job, however they never did get the clue that there were 4 of us in the room as we had to call for another towel each night we were there.
Plenty of restaurants, gas stations, and the like all around. Not really a "view" from anywhere in the hotel...but we weren't there for the view.
We left a pair of shorts in the room & the hotel was quick to locate & ship back to us...not the way that I requested & much more expensive than I was told it would be, but quick all the same.
My check-in experience was one that I would rather not go through again. Upon arrival (about 9:30pm) I walked in to find there was no one at the desk. Saw the camera & thought perhaps someone sits in the office monitoring said camera & comes out when someone arrives; so I waited. Ten minutes later, still no one. I proceeded to call the hotel, at which time I listened to the phone ring in the office, behind the closed door, 10 times before I hung up...still no one...hmm. I knocked on the counter...still nothing. All in all about 15 minutes before a young lady came out & very hurriedly checked me in. When we got to the room we noticed that we had only been given 3 towels even though we had booked the room for 4. I called down to the desk to ask how I might go about getting a 4th only to have the phone ring several times without an answer....hung up & called back...on the 9th ring the second time calling I was instructed by the same young lady that I could come to the office to get another, which was fine, if the customer service had been up to par to that point. We didn't see that young lady the remainder of our stay & must say that the rest of the staff were courteous & helpful.
When we're in the area, & if we wish to stay outside of the city again, we will choose this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson®, Potomac Mills Woodbridge, VA. We are just minutes away from historic Old Town Alexandria, Quantico and Washington, DC. Our location gives easy access to I-95 along Prince William Parkway and is only one mile from Potomac Mills Mall. Help yourself to cookies as you pass through our lobby, or indulge in a swim in our heated pool. All our rooms are appointed with a microwave, a refrigerator, and free high-speed Internet access. In the morning, you can start your day energized with scrumptious waffles, crispy bacon and more at our complimentary, hot Be Our Guest Breakfast. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate is also available throughout the day! Jog or pump some iron in the fitness center before taking a muscle-relaxing soak in our whirlpool tub. You can grab a complimentary cookie and an exciting novel in the lobby on the way back to your room. Our amenities and services include: Complimentary Hot Be Our Guest Breakfast, Free High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center, Fitness Center, Indoor Heated, Pool and Whirlpool Tub, Read It & Return Lending Library, and Sunbathing Area. Sprawl out on the comfortable bed with your laptop, a book or the TV remote. Our spacious rooms and suites also come equipped with a microwave and a refrigerator so you can indulge cravings for a midnight snack. Our room amenities include: Free High-Speed Internet Access, 32” Flat-Screen TV with Cable, Microwave, Refrigerator, and Coffee- and Tea-Maker with Complimentary Tea and Coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Potomac Mills Woodbridge, VA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Woodbridge Hotel Woodbridge
- Country Inn And Suites Woodbridge
- Country Inn Woodbridge
- Woodbridge Country Inn