“Hungry and Tired”
Review of Dixie Bones Inc.

Dixie Bones Inc.
Ranked #2 of 276 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Prince George, VA
“Hungry and Tired”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

After participating in Rolling Thunder through Washington, DC, I was on my way home and needed a bite. I don't like the fast food joints so I did a smart phone search after getting gas and saw Dixie Bones was 0.2 miles away. Great Virginia style BBQ, super friendly staff, and portions to fill up a hungry man. I asked for the largest glass for my tea and the waiter accommodated by bringing me a large carry-out cup. I wasn't up for dessert, but they had all of the southern favorites. Definitely will stop at the Dixie Bones the next time I ride through Woodbridge.

• Visited May 2013

Stafford
“Yum!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I don't think I've had anything from Dixie Bones that I didn't like. My favorite is their chopped chicken with the vinegar-based white lemon-and-herb 'sauce' they suggest for it. A close second is their catfish!

Visited April 2013
virginia
“Okay”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Over priced...food was okay/fair. Pulled chicken was bland and lacking flavor. For a BBQ place more smoked and/or flavor needed. Potato salad was poor....too much mayo. Service was good.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank shancrzd
Fairfax, Virginia
“Southern Cooking”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Good food & service with a family atmosphere. Reasonable prices so you could afford this place frequently.

Aurora, Colorado
“OK bar-b-que and not bad prices”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Have eaten here just once and it was OK. Place is fairly small and seems very busy so guess lots of folks really like it. My wife had the catfish plate, which was very good, and I had the pulled pork, which was good. Plates are around $13 and come with two sides, like a roll, cole slaw, beans, etc. Cornbread is 40 cents extra. There are about 4 bottles of different sauce on the table so you can mix and match as you like. Portions are adequate but not huge. Did take some pie home for dessert and that was very good. Most all the seating is booths and the seats are plain wood with no cushioning so that can get old if you're there very long. Service was very good. I would give it a good but since the only choices are average or very good I'd lean toward average.

• Visited March 2013