Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Potomac Inn(Woodbridge)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom decoroffer continental breakfasthotel managerdecent breakfastmills mallmyrtle beachmetro stationbed was comfortablesausagestayed here for one nightconvenient locationdc areafitness centeryogurtcheckinbathtubvirginia
Reviewed July 30, 2010

The hotel staff was very accommodating to us as we needed to get in earlier than the usual check in time for an engagement. Room, lobby, breakfast area all clean and presentable.

However, our room, 107, had the breakfast room on one side of the room and on the other side of the wall is the pool area. Above us is either the stairs or a elephant act.

Would stay here again but not this room, I guess this room was easily available so we could change clothes because nobody would want it. We were in such a rush to get in and out, never even noticed what was on either side, or above.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Clean, comfortable, descent breakfast, nice pool (too cold, though). I loved the pillows and was pleased to find that I could buy one for a reasonable price from an online company that distributes bedding from different hotels. The bed and sofabed were comfortable enough for my husband and son. I would have preferred a bed that had just a little more give. I've got hips. Whenever we drive to an HIE, I'll take my mattress topper. Good air conditioner with different settings. I was able to make it stay on (for white noise) without freezing over the room. Breakfast was adequate with several choices. They had scrambled (taste powdered, but who cares) eggs and hard boiled eggs. I eat low carb, so this was a plus. We would definitely stay again and recommend. Four circles instead of five, because of the cold indoor pool. That was the only disappointment. The internet was slow but did not prevent use.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2010

I am so disappointed by my experience. We made a reservation at this hotel with the 800 number. On our trip down we stayed at a HIE and it was a eonderful experience. We stayed in a Suite that had two double beds and a pullout sleeper in a living area. There was a TV in both the living area and bedroom area which was perfect because my 5, 8, and 11 year old have different taste then me and my mother. We called the 800 # to book a similar room in a town slightly north on 95. When we called we gave the operator a 90 mile range on I-95 with a suite and he offered us a room that slept 7, twp double beds, with a livingroom/pullout suite for $139.99. We were content until we checked in and the room was small there was sleeper sofa next to the double beds but it was not a living area, there was no TV. For our party of 5 that booked a room that held 7 it was not going to work. The TV's are old and small. We immediately went down to the front desk who I had spoken to a few times prior to checking in to see if a non smoking room became available and was also helpful. Sandra is who we spoke to. she informed us the 800 # should not have told us the room slept 7 there largest capacity room hold 6. She could offer us a King suite, one king bed and a living area, it had to TV but traveling with my mom I did not feel comfortable sleeping in the same bed with one or two of my kids in a King bed with my mom. I asked Sandra if she could see if she could get us in at anyother HIE, we would be willing to drive another 60 miles if need be. She told us that is something we would need to do. It was clearly our problem, HIE was not offering any help. SO I called, as I was on hold with the 800 my mother asked Sandra if she could just put us in two standard tooms close to each other for the same rate and she said that she could do that. We divided our family up and with only one minor meltdown from my daughter that she wanted to sleep with her brothers we settled in for the night. I thought that was the end until I got the bill and was charged $129.99 for each room, our rate wasn't honored. I called down immediately and spoke to the manager, she explained the first room did sleep 7 and we should have used our IMAGINATION and asked for a roll away but she will Sandra and see where the miscommunication was. After a few moments Nuria the manager called back spoke to my mom and said she spoke to us when we called to see if a non smoking room was available and she was clear about the arrangments for beds. My mom explained that it was space, TV issue not the bed sizes we were trying to make the point of what the 800 number made upon reserving. My mother took the price adjustment but we are still paying more and Nurnia seems not at all concerned by our dissatisfaction. The fact they would not call another HIE and help find a room, then after the rate was wrong Nurnia told me I should have used my imagination on who the room Sandra insited only slept 6 could have slept 7. I told her it is more then a $10 difference, it is 2 housekeeping tips and 2 sets of taxes. Nurnia suggested we not tip housekeeping, Why?? They made no mistakes, maybe Nuria or Sandra should take $10 of their salaries instead of housekeepings salary!?!? I could live with the holes in the walls, the loudness echoing, the green color of the indoor pool it is the rude manager I can't believe. i'll upload photos of the dirty rug and walls holes when I get home!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank ryty44
Reviewed June 8, 2010

I like the refrigerator, microwave, and extra sink with overhead shelf.
The location from I-95 is excellent. Having a Macaroni Grill and On the Border a short walk away is great.
The housekeeping staff needs improvement. Ten days into a 3 week stay the shower head was turned into the room 4 times, 3 times after the front desk was notified. The floor was flooded the first time.
Food was also taken from the room. I purchased a box of cookies, ate 3, and left them in the room. When I returned to the room, I noticed that 4 additional cookies had been removed from the box.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Prior to this review, you spoke with us in person and we came to resolution regarding these issues. Again we apologize for the inconvenience these issues caused you and we hope that our solution was satisfactory. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the Washington DC/Metro area!

-Front Office Staff
Holiday Inn Express
Woodbridge, VA

Reviewed March 6, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for four nights. There really is not much to say about this hotel. It was not super nice but it was not bad either. It was a very average hotel with no frills other than the chocolate cookies they set out at 5:00 PM every evening. The only real complaint that I had was the sink was clogged up. I told the front desk and they stated they would send someone to fix it. I am not sure if they sent someone while I was out or not but the sink never drained properly. I know this review is very vague but the main thing is if you are looking for a really nice hotel, this is not it but if you are looking for a clean average hotel to sleep at night and that's it than this hotel maybe for you.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business