“Outstanding SERVICE!!!!!!!”

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Woodbridge
Richmond, Virginia
“Outstanding SERVICE!!!!!!!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have rented every week at this hotel. The always have my reservation ready and always remember my name! The service is always professional, attentive, and intuitive. They always know what I need before I even ask. They always go out of their way to make each stay OUTSTANDING!!! The staff works together and always positive. That shows that they have awesome management. I always deal with Nuria and Nataly they are WONDERFUL!!!

Kim A.

Room Tip: If you have any questions or issues just ask. They are totally responsive.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Kim A, I am very thankful that you took the time to write this review. It is always so wonderful to hear good things about our property and our staff. We are so happy that you enjoy your stay with us. Thank you for your business and for being part of our hotel family. I hope we continue to give you outstanding service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Rosemount, Minnesota
Reviewed March 10, 2014

There is a kennel across the street and I could hear dogs barking all night. When I brought the to the attention of the desk clerk they did offer to move my room but as I spoke to other guests it seemed it did not matter what room you stayed barking dogs could be heard.

• Stayed March 2014
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Mike N, I am so sorry about the barking dogs. Unfortunately we have no control over the noise outside. However the side of the building facing the parking lot is away from the street noise and other disturbances. We do hope you give us another opportunity to serve you. We will place your room on the even side of the building and you will see that you will not hear any noise from the street. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I was a chaperone on a school field trip to DC. We stayed here from Tuesday-Friday. This hotel is not set up for groups. We had over 100 people.

Breakfast the first day was okay, but seating was only for 40. By the second day they had run out of things and we arrived only a few minutes after opening the breakfast. I asked about additional seating and was told that I could eat in my room.

There is only one small slow elevator so most of had to use the stairs to go up to the third and fourth floors.
The rooms were the worst part. The rooms are small and the double beds are even smaller. It would be good for two people per room, not four.

I can live with no seating, running out of food and even small beds, but not COLD SHOWERS. I was up early, and I am sure not many in this hotel were up at 5 am and my shower was cool. But when the students in my room took showers they said the water was freezing. I checked and the water was really cold. I did report this and I was told there are two water heaters that were recently checked and the problem is too many people taking showers at the same time. Did they want all 100 of our group and the more than 100 other guests to take showers at different times?

Before being a chaperone on this trip, I was in charge of groups of 20-150 students for several different trips for the past 20 years. I have never stayed at a hotel that did not have enough hot water for guests. I also always make sure there is enough seating for breakfast.

IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Queensgrantmusic,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations specifically with the shower issues you have experienced. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests as your comments will be forwarded to the management of the hotel. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Varysburg, New York
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Nice place, clean bedroom and bathroom. The room was sort of small but OK. King size bed was very comfortable. The price I believe was a little over the top. The breakfast was very nice. We would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
We are so pleased to see that everything went well with your stay. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel for an equally great experience if you are ever in Woodbridge area again. Best wishes and have a great day!
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We just returned from a group travel bus tour which stayed at this location.The bus company got our room keys so check in was a breeze. The room was clean. However it is bad when the wallpaper is peeling from the walls. OK first night great. Second night we come back the toilet in our room will not flush. Called down to front desk. Got the rudest man who said they were busy and would deal with it later. No maintenance man was available. There are four women in this room and no working toilet.NOT GOOD! Called second time an hour later same man at desk said there is nothing they can do. I'm angry now! They sent my tour guide with a plunger to my room for me to have to deal with it. Bad bad bad business!! I plunged and plunged could not get it to work. Third call to the desk same rude man picks up the phone says "Oh God!" Then says hello real snotty. We have no one here that can help you until morning. We are supposed to knock on other people in our tours rest room to use their bathroom for the night. Horrible and completely unacceptable!! At 1130pm after shift change a woman calls our room she is going to come up. She came with a plunger. Very nice lady... so sorry for our trouble. We were able to flush liquid and that would have to do till morning. She said the manager was aware of our issue. Really cause where was he or she when we were having the issue. It was fixed the next day for the remainder of the trip. My true issue is with the man at the front desk...how are you even in customer service?? The hotel was fine really for a lower end hotel not our usual choice but the travel companies. Take some pride and wallpaper paste fix the wallpaper easy and quick fix. Sorry if in the area again this would not be a place we would ever stay again.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Donna P,
First let me start by thanking you for taking the time to review out hotel. I want to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the lack of customer service you received from our evening Front Desk Agent. His behavior was rude and unacceptable. We have taken measurements and ensure you that this will never happen again.
It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose IHG Hotels for your future travel needs.
Hotel Management
Bristol
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Convenient location to D.C.
Comfortable beds, clean room, very quiet. There was a large school trip in the hotel and we didn't hear a peep from them.
Breakfast was well layed out, good selection of cold and warm food.
No evening food, but the desk staff supplied take out menus for places that deliver. I don't recommend the local chinese delivery as we got food poisoning from it. Not the fault of the hotel though.
Cannot say enough about the desk staff, so friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
I wanted to take the time to personally thank you for your review you submitted on our hotel. I am so pleased to see that everything went well with your stay. Thank you very much for your compliments on the staff as well, it was nice to share with them! I am sorry that you got sick from the Chinese food you ordered. I hope you are feeling much better now. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I recently stayed here during the Christmas holidays. The room and the bathroom were spotless. The bed was very comfortable and a nice added touch was a choice of soft or firm pillows or both. A large selection of cable channels also. The shower head has a nice amount of pressure which was very relaxing after braving the Christmas crowds at Potomac Mills Mall. It is also conveniently located near shopping, dining and Rt 95. Very nice complimentary breakfast.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, they do have smoking rooms available which is very hard to find nowadays
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
We want to thank you for a very positive review. We appreciate you taking the time to comment about our hotel here in Woodbridge VA. We are happy you had a nice stay and comfortable stay. We hope you will come back and visit us again sometime in the near future.