“Convenient to shopping” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Woodbridge
Chambersburg, PA, United States
“Convenient to shopping”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel is perfectly located near Potomac Mills Outlet Mall. There is also an Ikea, Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Best Buy nearby. Front desk personnel were friendly. Free breakfast included the unforgettably hot and sweet cinnamon rolls. You can make your own fresh pancakes too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. The best compliment we can get is a return guest! We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Hotel staff very friendly and helpful . Nighttime front desk staff gave great directions of how to get to location . Received prompt and special treatment.

Rooms were spotless. Location around the corner from Potomac Mills Mall..great!!

Room Tip: corner room larger...hottub in room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
I would like to greatly thank you for your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites -Woodbridge. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

I am pleased to hear that our staff was able to provide a service that ensured your complete satisfaction. Thank you for your great comments; our guest's are our first priority here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Woodbridge.

We appreciate the feedback of your positive experience and would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Was traveling to business to Woodbridge on business for 1 day and decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Expected decent fare but turned out to be a great hotel for the price. Great staff. Great Breakfast. Huge room. Free parking space. Restaurants and petrol station right next door. Perfect for a overnight stay in Woodbridge.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback. We hope you will come visit us in the future.
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stopped in late night to get away from DC AM traffic on I95 South on way back home from a long trip. Last room and we know why!!! Were told it was a suite for a good price but when we opened door labeled non smoking room it was smelly with smoke and recent too!!!! A jacuzzi was sitting in the corner of the room, this is a suite? It dripped all night, we did not use it, were not interested in it. I took a shower to rinse off the day and the shower head was moldy! The smoke burned my eyes, it was like an all night bar for cigars, seriously!!! When I got home I took our my robe and gown to wash, they stank of cigarette smoke. Really ticked me off that a room labeled non smoking was that bad, just not right. Do not recommend, I will go back to Hampton Inns, this was so bad.

Room Tip: Wish I knew
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Lynne K,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. We welcome feedback especially from our valued guests like you.

I am disappointed to hear your troubles regarding your stay with us. We take great pride in our level of cleanliness and our staff ensure that we maintain the highest standard of quality in every room, as such, I apologize for any inconvenience the smell of your room has caused you and for any dissatisfaction the jacuzzi and shower has brought you.

This is definitely not a norm in our property and rest assured that all your comments will be taken into consideration to improve guest services. We hope you give us another chance so we can win back your confidence in the quality of our hotel.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hempstead, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Checked in at hotel on Saturday, May 25th at 130pm. When I walked in the room.."Umh why is the sink in the doorway and not in the closed room with the toilet?". Immediately I went to the desk and ask, "are all your rooms designed as such?" "No, that room is handicapped accessible". Umh so why am I in it? The reservation was for a room with two beds, there was no mentioned of handicap. Oh well that's how it was made and at that time it was the only room we had. Okay could someone have clued moi. The room was next to the "1" Elevator for the 4 story building and above our heads..oops got no sleep...where 100 teenage girls jumping etc.

Room Tip: Make sure the last available room is the one your requesting.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Compme,

Thank you for your feedback of our property. It is unfortunate that this visit was less than your expectations due to the state of the room you were given and level of service received. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done at a latter time.

Despite the mishaps on this trip, I sincerely hope the next time you are in the area you give our hotel another try.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Great staff and a much better breakfast experience than I expected. I was very surprised. This was a business trip and I was "assigned" to stay here. My only negative was that I stayed on the second floor which appears to be smoking on one end, but not on my end. The hallway was a "smell disaster" to get to my room and I was certain I'd have to ask to be moved, but the smell didn't invade the room. But getting to it and out was not pleasant. This hotel provided very good customer service and the breakfast and breakfast room staff was exceptional.

Room Tip: Stay away from the second floor unless you're a smoker!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Morrisville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed for one night while on the road. I cashed a free stay through their "bonus points" program. A large group of school-age children (probably 5th or 6th grade) was also staying there that night. However, they did NOT interfere with a good night's sleep. I have to give management credit there. (I did sleep through the breakfast buffet, so I can't evaluate it.) I'd stay here again if I needed a place in this area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Woodbridgeholidayinn, GSR at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hotel! We appreciate any feedback you may have for us. We are also very happy you chose our hotel for your accommodations. We try to do everything possible to ensure our guests enjoy their stay; especially if we have groups in house. Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you again soon.