“Clean, Comfortable and Convenient” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Woodbridge
“Clean, Comfortable and Convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This must be one of the cleanest hotels in the area. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are very comfortable. It is nice having an indoor pool and nice workout facility. The cleaning staff is very friendly too. They make you want to come back.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the "16" rooms... they put you near the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Woodbridgeholidayinn, GSR at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel! We enjoy hearing about the pleasant experiences our guests have. We hope you had some time to explore the area as well! We also hope to see you back soon. Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Venice, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

The bed was comfortable, but the sheets were scratchy and the pillows, all four, were very lumpy. Not up to what I usually expect to see at a Holliday Inn Express. The breakfast room was clean, nicely decorated and well stocked.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Guest Service Rep at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. We are sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. If ever you are not happy, we ask that you contact our front desk during your stay so we may address any issues you may have. We appreciate any feedback we receive so we can better our hotel for future visits!
Palm Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed for a total of four nights. The room was decorated very nice, frig, micro, flat screen tv, nice bath and shower. We travel quite a bit and I have to say that this hotel was spotless! Hats off to housekeeping and management. Very nice breakfast of eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, bagels, you name it they had it! great coffee too! This hotel really hits a home run. We felt very safe, security cameras in parking lot. Two great restaurants within walking distance of hotel and Potomac Mills mall is 5 minutes away. Very friendly staff that always greets you coming or going.
It is very clear that someone takes great pride in their hotel and it really shows! Thank you for a great experience! We'll be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hotel! In most cases we are told what we are doing wrong, which is very helpful to us so we can address the issues for future guests. However every once in a while, it is nice to hear that our guests are happy. Thank you again for your response!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was pleased with a larger than expected room, blazing fast internet, large new tv, and tremendous water pressure. Those features set it above the average hotel in this class.

It could, however, have been better. The picture quality on the tv was bad enough to be distracting (bad cable provider?) and there may be a dog kennel somewhere nearby (which seems unlikely due to the location) because I could faintly hear dogs barking somewhere.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel! We are glad you enjoyed your stay, however we are very sorry to hear about your bad picture quality and noise complaint. These are things we like to hear about so we can create a better experience for our guests. Thank you again!
Lancaster, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights while on business in the area. Check-in was very quick and the front desk associate was very nice and helpful. She quickly changed my room to a request I had with no problem. I had a double room which was plenty spacious with a nice size bathroom and large screen TV. Bed was very comfortable as are most beds at Holiday Inn Express ! The room also had a small refrigerator and microwave. The air conditioner seemed to work good but may could have been a littler cooler. Hotel Wi-Fi seemed to work very good most of the time. The one complaint I have is that the first morning I did not have any hot water. I let the water run for about 15 mins. but ended up having to take a quick COLD shower because I had to get to work. I stopped at the front desk on the way out and told the night shift clerk, but all he said was that the boilers were on the other end of the building of where my room was located. The next 2 mornings I had no problem, but there was another slight issue with this on the last morning I was there, but I got up, turned the water on and let it run for about 20 mins while I jumped back in bed for a quick snooze. Got back up and had hot water ! My room was across form the indoor pool and I could barely hear kids playing at times, so this was not that bad. Overall experience at this hotel was good and I will be returning next month.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Woodbridgeholidayinn, GSA at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hotel! We apologize about any issues you may have experienced, but we are happy you had an overall great stay! We look forward to you returning to our hotel.
Woodbridge, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Horrible service. Manager actually called me a liar. We lost power and had to go to a hotel. The quality of the hotel itself was fine but two hours after checking in our power came back on. I asked the front desk what could be done about the bill and was told I had to talk to the manager the next day so we checked out and hoped for the best (I just wanted a reduction in the cost, not a full refund or anything). I couldn't even explain the situation to her before she started saying no. By the end of the conversation she agreed to take $20 off (better than nothing I figured). I saw the full amount go through on my card. I called again and asked why and she said she changed her mind after we talked because she decided I was lying. I have never been so disrespected as a customer by any company ever. Corporate simply forwarded my complaint to the hotel! We are a young family with a lifetime of road trips and family vacations ahead of us and I now get a sour taste in my mouth any time I see the Holiday Inn logo. Thanks for nothing.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Brian R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Brian R,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Charleston,WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We arrived at this hotel Friday night around 10:30pm after traveling for 6hours. This was an unexpected stay but the arrangements we had previously had fallen through. We walked in and was told the stay per night was $119 but we ended up explaining our situation of being on a short budget to the extremely understanding front desk man and he ended up letting us stay here for 3nights at $89.00 per night! We had room 208 which was a little noisy due to the fact that it was facing the road. You could hear whoever was staying above you walk but they always stopped by the time you got to bed. The room we had was a 2 queen bedroom w/ fridge (the microwave was out for repair), flatscreen, a nice size shower with one sink. They had complimentary shampoo,conditioner,mouthwash,soap,lotion,and shower cap in case you forgot any of those. They also had a hairdryer and iron. The breakfast was extremely nice and consisted of a pretty large eating room and they served: hard boiled eggs, yogurts, milk, assorted pastries, bagels, cereals, sausage, biscuits, sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, instant oatmeals, and the best part was the make your own pancake station. This hotel also had a 24hour fitness center & hot tub/pool which was open from 10am-9pm which we didn't have time to experience. Overall the staff was extremely friendly and everything was really clean.

Room Tip: I'd probably recommend a room facing towards the back of the hotel but the noise from the road w...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. We are so pleased that you chose us for your travel needs. In this economy we all need to budget the best we can and we are g;ad that we could accomodate you to fit with your budget. Thank you again, and we look forward to you staying with us in the future!