“Wonderful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Woodbridge
Palm Coast
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed for a total of four nights. The room was decorated very nice, frig, micro, flat screen tv, nice bath and shower. We travel quite a bit and I have to say that this hotel was spotless! Hats off to housekeeping and management. Very nice breakfast of eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, bagels, you name it they had it! great coffee too! This hotel really hits a home run. We felt very safe, security cameras in parking lot. Two great restaurants within walking distance of hotel and Potomac Mills mall is 5 minutes away. Very friendly staff that always greets you coming or going.
It is very clear that someone takes great pride in their hotel and it really shows! Thank you for a great experience! We'll be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Guest Service Rep at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hotel! In most cases we are told what we are doing wrong, which is very helpful to us so we can address the issues for future guests. However every once in a while, it is nice to hear that our guests are happy. Thank you again for your response!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was pleased with a larger than expected room, blazing fast internet, large new tv, and tremendous water pressure. Those features set it above the average hotel in this class.

It could, however, have been better. The picture quality on the tv was bad enough to be distracting (bad cable provider?) and there may be a dog kennel somewhere nearby (which seems unlikely due to the location) because I could faintly hear dogs barking somewhere.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel! We are glad you enjoyed your stay, however we are very sorry to hear about your bad picture quality and noise complaint. These are things we like to hear about so we can create a better experience for our guests. Thank you again!
Lancaster, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights while on business in the area. Check-in was very quick and the front desk associate was very nice and helpful. She quickly changed my room to a request I had with no problem. I had a double room which was plenty spacious with a nice size bathroom and large screen TV. Bed was very comfortable as are most beds at Holiday Inn Express ! The room also had a small refrigerator and microwave. The air conditioner seemed to work good but may could have been a littler cooler. Hotel Wi-Fi seemed to work very good most of the time. The one complaint I have is that the first morning I did not have any hot water. I let the water run for about 15 mins. but ended up having to take a quick COLD shower because I had to get to work. I stopped at the front desk on the way out and told the night shift clerk, but all he said was that the boilers were on the other end of the building of where my room was located. The next 2 mornings I had no problem, but there was another slight issue with this on the last morning I was there, but I got up, turned the water on and let it run for about 20 mins while I jumped back in bed for a quick snooze. Got back up and had hot water ! My room was across form the indoor pool and I could barely hear kids playing at times, so this was not that bad. Overall experience at this hotel was good and I will be returning next month.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Woodbridgeholidayinn, GSA at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hotel! We apologize about any issues you may have experienced, but we are happy you had an overall great stay! We look forward to you returning to our hotel.
Woodbridge, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Horrible service. Manager actually called me a liar. We lost power and had to go to a hotel. The quality of the hotel itself was fine but two hours after checking in our power came back on. I asked the front desk what could be done about the bill and was told I had to talk to the manager the next day so we checked out and hoped for the best (I just wanted a reduction in the cost, not a full refund or anything). I couldn't even explain the situation to her before she started saying no. By the end of the conversation she agreed to take $20 off (better than nothing I figured). I saw the full amount go through on my card. I called again and asked why and she said she changed her mind after we talked because she decided I was lying. I have never been so disrespected as a customer by any company ever. Corporate simply forwarded my complaint to the hotel! We are a young family with a lifetime of road trips and family vacations ahead of us and I now get a sour taste in my mouth any time I see the Holiday Inn logo. Thanks for nothing.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Brian R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Brian R,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Charleston,WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We arrived at this hotel Friday night around 10:30pm after traveling for 6hours. This was an unexpected stay but the arrangements we had previously had fallen through. We walked in and was told the stay per night was $119 but we ended up explaining our situation of being on a short budget to the extremely understanding front desk man and he ended up letting us stay here for 3nights at $89.00 per night! We had room 208 which was a little noisy due to the fact that it was facing the road. You could hear whoever was staying above you walk but they always stopped by the time you got to bed. The room we had was a 2 queen bedroom w/ fridge (the microwave was out for repair), flatscreen, a nice size shower with one sink. They had complimentary shampoo,conditioner,mouthwash,soap,lotion,and shower cap in case you forgot any of those. They also had a hairdryer and iron. The breakfast was extremely nice and consisted of a pretty large eating room and they served: hard boiled eggs, yogurts, milk, assorted pastries, bagels, cereals, sausage, biscuits, sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, instant oatmeals, and the best part was the make your own pancake station. This hotel also had a 24hour fitness center & hot tub/pool which was open from 10am-9pm which we didn't have time to experience. Overall the staff was extremely friendly and everything was really clean.

Room Tip: I'd probably recommend a room facing towards the back of the hotel but the noise from the road w...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. We are so pleased that you chose us for your travel needs. In this economy we all need to budget the best we can and we are g;ad that we could accomodate you to fit with your budget. Thank you again, and we look forward to you staying with us in the future!
Danbury, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We had an excellent stay here in spite of some minor wrinkles. First, the free breakfast was good but the service was slow and they were putting out a little food at a time so it kept getting over during the rush of guests coming in before the 9:30am closing time. Second, that little gym had just four aerobic machines and no free weights or strength training machines so we didn't even bother using it. The view isn't great - some big stores and a discount mall some distance away beyond a stretch of greenery and the parking lot, but it's not too bad either. The TV channels in the hotel guide didn't correspond to what were actually on the TV. Also, the price of stay on sites like Orbitz was a little high ($134 per day on the weekend). We'd have paid up to about $100 a day for this on such sites, and we paid less through Priceline, though you can't choose specific hotels this way.

I'm still giving it hotel a score of 5 because the positives far outweighed the negatives. The rooms are spacious, clean and modern with good furniture and a flat screen TV. They are generous with the toiletries and the bathroom had a handy ste of shelves on the side to keep our own ones. The shower was great with good water flow and drainage. They have free Wifi, fridge and microwave. It's quiet and the staff is pleasant and polite. The beds are great. My wife and sister-in-law in the other room are both quite picky, and they liked these and slept well. I think they've free coffee and tea in the common eating area all day round.

About the tardy breakfast service on Saturday, I brought it to the notice of the manager on duty Nuria Scroggins and her response was superb. She rushed in personally to make things right, speeding up service and working there herself. She also apparently counseled the staff on duty because the next day everything worked a lot better. Moreover, she kept the breakfact area open and replenished all the food for an extra half hour (till 10am) and smilingly went around asking the guests if they needed anything else.

So we went away feeling very happy.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back (facing the highway) seem larger and have two double / (queen?) beds that work...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. ALso, thank you for also taking the time to tell us how we can improve and also recognizing one of our staff members. It helps us improve stays and also encourage our staff to do better. We hope to see you again soon!
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

This is our go-to hotel anytime we go to DC. There are closer (oftentimes cheaper) HIEs in and around DC but we prefer staying at HIE Woodbridge because we always know what to expect. Very friendly staff, clean rooms, ample breakfast, truly high speed wireless internet connection (they have a modem/router for every floor, unlike the HI in Charlottesville that only has 1 modem for the entire hotel). The hotel is centrally located, very good area for shopping and a great jump-off or starting point for seeing the sights in and around the area.

We've stayed in this hotel on 5 separate occasions only in the last 180 days, and we've never been disappointed.

5 stars!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jetlaggedpinay
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Guest Service Agent at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! Often times people do not take the time to tell us the great job we are doing. It is greatly appreciated. We are so happy that we can accomodate you so well, and we are also grateful for your business. We hope to see you again soon!