“The food is sooo good.”
Review of Charbroil Grill

Charbroil Grill
Ranked #21 of 284 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

If you like meat, this place is great. The food was great, the salad bar was great, the service was great and the price was great. My husband and I were so full but we didn't want to leave. We will return again for sure.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I were celebrating our birthdays, so we had dinner here with my mother.

I think maybe the only negative part of this experience was when we first came in. We were seated, handed a wine list, and then just sat there for a while. Eventually someone came to get our drink order and we got a bottle of wine (which was pretty good, BTW) but no one explained how the restaurant worked or what we were supposed to do.

I decided that we should just go to the salad bar to get things rolling.

The salad bar was FANTASTIC. So good. I'm not a huge seafood fan, but I was impressed by the selection. There were mussels, whole shrimp, shrimp in a mango saladey type thing. The non-seafood was also tops.

After we sat back down, servers just started coming over and offering us meat on skewers. It was pretty much the ideal situation. They just popped over, asked if you wanted something, and cut some off if you said yes.

This process was NOT slow. I saw a few reviews before I went which said that the meat was slow to come out.

That was not our experience. Servers were coming from all over offering us different cuts. There didn't seem to be anyone keeping track of what meat we were brought. From what I could tell, they would just bring out any meat that was done cooking and offer it to us. I'm not sure if we had the 12 or 13 different types, but we definitely had quite a few. All of them were delicious (especially the bacon wrapped filet). Since no one was keeping track of our meat consumption, we could try our favorites more than once. A definite plus.

Tip: Drink water instead of soda, they don't have free refills and if you're there for a while it could really add up.

According to my credit card statement, it was $135 (with tip) for three people and a bottle of wine. I wouldn't say it's extremely affordable, but for a once in a while thing it's a pretty good deal. And seriously, there is no way I could go back there without at least a few weeks of rest.

The tragic truth is, there's only so much steak I can eat.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Brazilian steakhouses, also known as Churrascarias or Rodizios, are my favorite type of restaurant hands down. For the uninitiated, Rodizio restaurants are basically all you can eat restaurants, where the waiters bring you all the meat you want to eat6, directly to the table, and they cut it right in front of you, basically seconds after it has been taken off the grill. It's a meat eater's paradise. Rodizio restaurants are also known for their 5 star slad bars, that basically taste and look loike something that came out of the kitchen of a 5 star hotel or a Michelin's checf kitchen. I'm basically what you might call a Rodizio Connoisseur. If you've ever driven by or visited a Rodizio restaurant in the United States, chances are I've been there. Ranging from what I consider la creme de la creme, New York City's Plataforma Churrascaria, located a few blocks from times Square, to the national chains like Texas de Brazil, Fogo de Chao, Brazas, or Chima Steakhouse. I've even been to Rodizio in South America. If you can name it, I've eaten there. The downside of being a Rodizio aficionado, always rears its ugly head when the check comes to the table. Rodizio aren't cheap. I've paid $300 bills for a dinner for 2 in New York, and I've paid around $140 bills for dinners for two in Rodizios in Washington D.C., Philadelphia, or Raleigh, NC. So I decided to visit this Rodizio because I heard through the grapevine it was a great restaurant, and it was NOT expensive. A rare combination when it comes to my Brazilian steakhouse addiction. So we arrived with my wife to the restaurant, and the place looked great. So score 1 point for decoration, ambiance and an all round nice place where you feel great having a meal. Then, came the salad bar. Not as extensive as the one found in places like Fogo de Chao or Chima, but a pretty decent salad bar nonetheless, and everything in the salad bar tasted amazing. Then came the meat selection. Again, mot as extensive as the one you find in the big chains, but when it comes to Rodizio I have a golden rule: If your place has Picanha, that's all I care about. I do appreciate a nice cut of Filet Mignon like the one they offer at Fogo (probably the best in the country), but if it's not there, as long as I have Picanha to eat, I'm good. Picanha is the staple signature cut of Brazilian Staeakhouses, and it's a cut so exquisite, and so prohibitely expensive, that you can't even find picanha for sale in U.S. supermarkets not is sold at any o

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We visited on a Sunday afternoon for our anniversary. It wasn't busy so that was a bonus and the service was pretty good. I didn't think the meat was superior by any stretch. Most of the beef tasted very fatty and not the best cut of meat. The chicken was good and my husband liked the filet but it was overcooked. I had to ask for the Salmon which was good but way to much butter. The best thing about the food was the impressive salad bar. So many fresh and unusual choices. If I went back I would go for only that if it were an option. We heard one server ask his customers if there was a certain meat they would like to come out. So keep that in mind if you are not seeing what you want. Good customer service on his part.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Service was friendly and professional; food was good; nice selection at salad bar with soups. A variety of meats were available for as much as you wanted to eat. Roasted vegetables and pineapple were also available. I was with a larger group and service was very accomodating.