“Best Indian food around” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taste of Tandoor

Taste of Tandoor
Ranked #13 of 275 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Best Indian food around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

I am not sure of his name, but my girlfriend and I refer to him as Mr Smiley. The one manager/ server is the nicest guy in the business, he always makes our visit exceptional..... Tandori Chicken is highly recommended.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank subphillyflyer

Waupaca, Wisconsin
“Nice buffet, pleasant atmosphere, helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I dined at Taste of Tandoor on a Sunday, early afternoon, with my husband and 11-year-old daughter. We all ordered the buffet and were happy with the selections, taste, and service. We have been there previously when the buffet didn't offer as many choices, so we were happy to see additional offerings. At less than $10 per person for the buffet, we thought it was a good value.

The servers were helpful and pleasant, offering suggestions such as adding the cilantro chutney to rice and the chicken curry, which did indeed change the taste to appear as a completely new dish. The accompanying naan was fresh and flavorful, as was the mango lassi I enjoyed. A few pieces of tandoor chicken were a bit dry, but when the container was re-filled, the chicken was delicious. We all had the buffet's dessert, which was filled with carrots, called Gajar Halwa. Although it was a sweet dessert, I was happy to see my daughter enjoy a carrot dish!

The restaurant is clean and neat. Used plates were quickly removed and water glasses always kept full. We observed the staff quickly cleaning the carpet after a large family left. There were several children in the party so there was some rice on the floor, but it was quickly cleaned and ready for the next diners.

We will not hesitate to visit again and will recommend it to friends.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank bgonner
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Food for all taste buds, excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

If you're looking for an authentic India cuisine experience, look no further than this corner of Lake Ridge. Taste of Tandoor specializes in Tandoori seafood, vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. I have lived in Lake Ridge my entire life, and this place is THE place for good Indian food. My husband and I love to go here for their buffet lunch - a steal at just $9 a person.

My favorite dish is the butter chicken. It's cooked in a traditional tomato sauce and served with rice. I also enjoy the chicken curry. The meals are prepared upon order, which means they're cooked fresh and not reheated. The spices and herbs used at this place infuse each dish with exotic Indian flavor. However, not all dishes are hot - you can order stuff that is mild.

The restaurant completed renovations in 2011 because the owner wanted to respond to customer feedback that the restaurant was too dated. The walls are coated in warm hues, modern red light fixtures provide intimate lighting, and ethnic art decorates the walls. It is a nice place to spend a quiet dinner for two or a family meal.

This place offers excellent Indian cuisine at a great value. Their service and quality of food is reliable. I strongly recommend this restaurant - it is one of my family's favorites!!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank jeannie86
“Authentic Indian Fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

You know you've found authentic cuisine when there are more Indians than non-indians eating there. The prices are reasonable and the staff friendly

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Steve G
Edenton, North Carolina
“This is really tasty and healthy food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

If you have never tried Indian food, you owe it to yourself to try this place. Try the Butter Chicken which is very mild and tasty. The spinach and all the vegetables are excellent and very tasty. The owner is personable and explains your choices on the buffet, if you get there when it's open, is highly recommended just because of the variety of tasty dishes.
I would place the ambiance MUCH higher than the Pakistani place not too far from here BUT the food a close second to theirs. The foods are different and I like them both BUT if I must choose this is a close 2nd.

• Visited May 2012