“Food for all taste buds, excellent service!”
Review of Taste of Tandoor

Taste of Tandoor
Ranked #13 of 281 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 21, 2012

If you're looking for an authentic India cuisine experience, look no further than this corner of Lake Ridge. Taste of Tandoor specializes in Tandoori seafood, vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. I have lived in Lake Ridge my entire life, and this place is THE place for good Indian food. My husband and I love to go here for their buffet lunch - a steal at just $9 a person.

My favorite dish is the butter chicken. It's cooked in a traditional tomato sauce and served with rice. I also enjoy the chicken curry. The meals are prepared upon order, which means they're cooked fresh and not reheated. The spices and herbs used at this place infuse each dish with exotic Indian flavor. However, not all dishes are hot - you can order stuff that is mild.

The restaurant completed renovations in 2011 because the owner wanted to respond to customer feedback that the restaurant was too dated. The walls are coated in warm hues, modern red light fixtures provide intimate lighting, and ethnic art decorates the walls. It is a nice place to spend a quiet dinner for two or a family meal.

This place offers excellent Indian cuisine at a great value. Their service and quality of food is reliable. I strongly recommend this restaurant - it is one of my family's favorites!!

1  Thank jeannie86
There are newer reviews for Taste of Tandoor

Reviewed June 12, 2012

You know you've found authentic cuisine when there are more Indians than non-indians eating there. The prices are reasonable and the staff friendly

1  Thank Steve G
Reviewed June 7, 2012

If you have never tried Indian food, you owe it to yourself to try this place. Try the Butter Chicken which is very mild and tasty. The spinach and all the vegetables are excellent and very tasty. The owner is personable and explains your choices on the buffet, if you get there when it's open, is highly recommended just because of the variety of tasty dishes.
I would place the ambiance MUCH higher than the Pakistani place not too far from here BUT the food a close second to theirs. The foods are different and I like them both BUT if I must choose this is a close 2nd.

2  Thank RACJJ
Reviewed May 13, 2012

My husband and I went to Taste of Tandoor last night and enjoyed everything from the quality of the food to the service of the waitstaff. The atmosphere was really nice. The waiters were dressed in white shirts, black pants, and bow ties. For an added touch on this Saturday night, they had a pianist playing music. Our waiter was fantastic and wanted to ensure that my food was not too spicy because I wanted it to taste hot but not "Indian hot." He brought out my dish that he thought would be good for me. I said I wanted it a little hotter so he brought out more spices so I could stir it into the dish myself. That was great as he did not have to be so attentive to my needs. We will return and learned that they have a take-out menu --- HORRAY!

1  Thank beckar00
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We've eaten here for years. Good "white tablecloth" type place. Sometimes service can be slow, but the food is good. I'm not an expert on Indian cuisine, but friends of mine who have traveled there say it is the real deal. I love the butter chicken, and they will turn up the heat to make it like legit Indian food if you ask. Otherwise, expect it to be rather light on the fire factor.

1  Thank Hallwoman