“This is really tasty and healthy food!”
Review of Taste of Tandoor

Taste of Tandoor
Ranked #13 of 281 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 7, 2012

If you have never tried Indian food, you owe it to yourself to try this place. Try the Butter Chicken which is very mild and tasty. The spinach and all the vegetables are excellent and very tasty. The owner is personable and explains your choices on the buffet, if you get there when it's open, is highly recommended just because of the variety of tasty dishes.
I would place the ambiance MUCH higher than the Pakistani place not too far from here BUT the food a close second to theirs. The foods are different and I like them both BUT if I must choose this is a close 2nd.

2  Thank RACJJ
There are newer reviews for Taste of Tandoor

Reviewed May 13, 2012

My husband and I went to Taste of Tandoor last night and enjoyed everything from the quality of the food to the service of the waitstaff. The atmosphere was really nice. The waiters were dressed in white shirts, black pants, and bow ties. For an added touch on this Saturday night, they had a pianist playing music. Our waiter was fantastic and wanted to ensure that my food was not too spicy because I wanted it to taste hot but not "Indian hot." He brought out my dish that he thought would be good for me. I said I wanted it a little hotter so he brought out more spices so I could stir it into the dish myself. That was great as he did not have to be so attentive to my needs. We will return and learned that they have a take-out menu --- HORRAY!

1  Thank beckar00
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We've eaten here for years. Good "white tablecloth" type place. Sometimes service can be slow, but the food is good. I'm not an expert on Indian cuisine, but friends of mine who have traveled there say it is the real deal. I love the butter chicken, and they will turn up the heat to make it like legit Indian food if you ask. Otherwise, expect it to be rather light on the fire factor.

1  Thank Hallwoman
Reviewed March 9, 2012

My friend and I went to Taste of Tandoor and were pretty upfront that we had never had Indian food before. The staff took time to go over the menu with us, made recommendations and served up some truly delicious fare while teaching us a bit about Indian cuisine as well!

1  Thank PaulaB212
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Was pleasantly surprised by the food taste, service and price. Recommend if not looking for the fanciest Indian restaurant.

2  Thank clunce