“Is $2 extra dollars for herb mix worth driving away business?” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carrabba's Italian Grill

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #23 of 274 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Is $2 extra dollars for herb mix worth driving away business?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

Yes, Carraba's is a chain but somehow I have been able to get a decent fish meal pretty much served hot and as specified per my request.
But today after 2.5 years of eating the same meal here at least 1 to 2 times per week, the waitress informs me that there will be an up charge for herb mix.
Well, I usually order my salad dry as all of the salad dressings they offer are vinegar based and I can't eat vinegar. So I make my own dressing with the olive oil, lemons and herb mix.
Are you kidding me, $2.00 for each 1/2 teaspoon increment of herb mix?!!
Now I see that you are remodeling the restaurant obviously you are wanting to draw and I hope retain your loyal customers but a pretty building with poor customer service is a sure way to get your doors closed. Ask Red Lobster and Olive Garden? I asked to speak with the manager( who by the way had brought a salad covered with house dressing which I sent back to the kitchen) who began to tell me about his bottom line and the 9 herbs he uses and the herb mix cost to him. Really? My salad comes with a dressing that I can't eat, I make my own dressing and you want to charge me more for doing that? The lemons would have been free if I asked for water with lemon, no up charge. I could ask for more bread and olive oil no up charge, but todayI get charged $2 to pull together a salad dressing.
So he brings the salad back dry now I am sitting there without the other items I need to complete my salad. So I ask another person if he was a manager he said yes and he would get me lemons. In the mean time the meal has taken a molasses like speed. Then here comes the lemons and a saucer full of herb mix, why because the waitress didn't know what to bring and the smidgeon they used for the bread dip was too small. So everyone now is confused. Once the waitress Ami returns with lemons and herb mix I ask to speak with the manager again. Why? Because while all of this drama around the salad has now made it such that there will not be enough time to eat my salad and be ready to eat my meal upon arrival. So wanting to avoid my meal sitting there and getting cold I wanted to inform the manager of how he had disrupted the flow of my meal and my table mates.
Lo and behold the 3rd manager comes over and he is Black. White manager, white manager and now we will send over the Black waiter to handle the unhappy Black customer? OMG! They dealt us the race card. I could not believe it! Of course the Black manager denies the racist overtones of the set up he walked into. To his credit he heard my concerns and waived the up charges.
However, I eat at Carraba's twice a week my bill averages $50/visit or more and have been doing that for the last 2.5 years. I eat at Carraba's because they do a decent fish meal AND they allow me to create a healthier salad dressing so that I am able to eat a balanced meal with vegetables. I really hope that Charles the Black manager decisions are respected at this chain restaurant and will honor his commitment to reconsider that up charge for herb mix. they ruined my meal today.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“6 Parking Spots for Carryout and only 2 for the Handicapped”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

Carrabba’s restaurant in Woodbridge, Virginia is one of the most popular eat-in dining place in the area. It is so popular that on the weekends, patron routinely have to park in adjoin parking lots.

With such popularity, we have wondered for years why there are 6 carryout parking spots yet on 2 parking spots for the handicapped. We have asked Carrabbas to add more handicapped parking spots and they refused. We have suggested perhaps converting half of the carryout parking spots (since they are very rarely used) to handicapped parking. Again, they refuse.

Needless to say, a lot of us who have had to use crutches dine elsewhere. This is particularly true for weekends and inclement weather.

• Visited April 2014
Fairfax, Virginia
“great tasting food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Yes, it may be a chain, but they are doing something right: the Dinner we had recently tasted great, was hot when it arrived the table, the server was friendly. It was a Friday evening and we got to a table without waiting - which was unusual, but then all restaurants around that area were not as filled as usual. why? no idea but it suited us and the other diners well :-).
The only request I have for this establishment -- as well as other restaurants which like to dim the light at the table: do not do it; or do you have something to hide? (ex: bad food? dirty dishes, glasses..?)

• Visited March 2014
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Great Service and Food. Menu Items for Everyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

We will be returning to this restaurant and will check out other locations as we travel. We were greeted, served well, delighted to have menu options such as lighter-fare and lunch time portions. The atmosphere was inviting and the food was served in style and as graciously and sincerely as the greeting at the front door. We have already made our second visit and there were no disappointments.

• Visited March 2014
“Mmmmm :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We love coming to Carabbas! We frequently sit in the back at the pasta bar and watch them making food! Chicken and Steak Bryan are must tries! Even when we bring the whole family, the kids enjoy the options on the kids menu! And of course, thank you to Charles, at the Woodbridge VA location, for always making sure everything is just right!