“Very nice hotel- would definitely stay again.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Potomac Mills Woodbridge

Residence Inn Potomac Mills Woodbridge
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Woodbridge
Topsail Island, North Carolina
“Very nice hotel- would definitely stay again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stopped at this hotel for one night on the way home from our vacation. It was very easy to get to the hotel from I95. This hotel was just remodeled and it shows. The lobby and breakfast area are very nice and new. The rooms are amazing. Beautiful modern kitchen with granite countertops and really nice furniture. The mattress was so comfortable I pulled back the sheet to see what brand it was! :) Nothing was overlooked in the remodel. Another nice thing was that they had luggage carts right inside the front door so we didn't have to go searching for one.
There is a Starbucks within walking distance as well as lots of shopping and restaurants all around the hotel.
We would definitely stay here again while traveling through VA.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Yoursinhospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and writing a review. I love to hear back from our guests. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Woodbridge area.

Travis Weller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Rome, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

6 in our party stayed here while we visited family and toured DC...we booked a suite so that all could sleep and move around comfortably..went down and looked at the indoor pool but never got the chance to enjoy it..the in-room kitchen was very convenient as we saved money eating in instead of going out to a restaurant..staff was very helpful and courteous

Room Tip: get a suite and you'll feel at home
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and writing a review. I truly believe that guest feedback is the best way we can improve our service. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are back in our area.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

You can always count on Residence Inns being comfortable and spacious. They are continuing the remodel process, but would appear they have completed the rooms and are now working on lobby and meeting rooms. The new comtemporary look for the rooms is great. Ipod/Iphone alarm clocks, and bedside light have two electrical outlets per light. Great additional for tech savy people. Large flatscreen TV that is viewable within all areas of the suite. There is an in-door pool which is undergoing remodel when we were there mid May. Nice hot breakfast as always. Their sister hotels (Courtyard and Springhill) are next door.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Yoursinhospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for for writing a review about our hotel. I am glad to hear that you love our new room package. Our lobby will be finished by mid June and I am sure you will be just as happy with the new lobby as you are with the rooms.

Washington, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed in May 2012. At the time, hotel was being renovated. This seems to be an ongoing thing.

Easy access off the Prince William Parkway - go into that large shopping center, Marriott is at the top of the hill.

Front desk staff are courteous and friendly.

Hotel lobby has three computers for guests. Can log into internet from your room, no special codes or anything.

Rooms are very clean and spacious. But - you will pay up to 200.00 per night for double suite.

Non-Smoking Complaint. Called about a Smoker in the room across from ours. Front desk was courteous in taking complaint, but did nothing about it. Smoker continued to smoke in Non-Smoking Room and filled the hall with cigarette smoke it was so strong. if this happens to you, and front desk ignores your complaint, just call the Prince William County Police and they will enforce code.

This is a Pet Friendly Hotel. Problem is - the Pet Fee is OUTRAGEOUS at $100.00. A nominal fee is 10.00 per pet, so make sure you ask the Manager for an adjustment. If he objects, contact Marriott Corporate and give them your opinion.

Manager needs to be more friendly, customer oriented, and responsive to customer requests - enough said.

This is my Candid Assessment. I hold the following Hotel Memberships:

Marriott Rewards
Hampton Inn HHonors
Starwood Preferred Guest
Hyaltt Gold Pass
Holiday Inn Platinum Member
Choice Hotels International
Venetian Hotel Club

Room Tip: When selecting a room, ask to be away from the areas being renovated - lots of unhealthy dust and de...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and writing a review about your experience. I truly believe that guest feedback is truly the best way to improve our services. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to resolve the issue with the other guest smoking when you called it in. I will use this as a training opportunity to make sure all staff members know how handle guests who violate our no smoking policy.

I understand your frustrations with the pet fee, however we use this fee for additional cleaning that we perform on all rooms with pets. This exta cleaning is to ensure that guests who may be sensitive to pets can have a comfortable stay.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Woodbridge area.

O'Fallon, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The hotel has the usual friendly staff and the rooms are terrific! This is my first time here and apparently the room I'm staying in was recently renovated. It is a two-bedroom, two bathrooms, and a fireplace. Each room has a flat screen tv and the wireless internet is free and extremely fast. The full size refrigerator is modern, there is a 4 top range/oven and dishwasher. The view is nothing special - overlooking another hotel and Prince William Pkwy. However, this Residence Inn is situated close to several nice restaurants and the huge Potmac Mills Shopping Mall. It is 20 miles from Ronald Reagan Airport (DCA) and conveniently close to MCB Quantico. The complimentary breakfast was modest - but adequate, and the manager's social (Mon-Thurs) evening meal was equally modest but adequate. Plenty of parking and the rooms are quiet. The only drawback I've found - and I assume this is temporary and an side effect of renovations - is a strong paint smell in the lobby/first floor area. No such odors in the rooms or halls though.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Patrick H
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback in regards to your stay. Guest feedback is the best way that we can improve our services. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our renovation will be completed by mid June and I think you will be very happy with our new lobby and rooms. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Woodbridge area.

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

My early check-in request apparently didn't hold up, as they not only didn't have a room ready for me at 3pm, but they had to switch me into a different type of room. No big deal, except when I checked into that room and finally got settled... there was hammering above my head. The reason this place is getting a good rating is because they respected the noise level upon 5pm as you would expect. And the accomodations exceed any other place I stay at on business. And for me, since I pack food/drinks all the time, I love that they have larger than normal refrigerators with freezers at all their locations. At this Residence Inn though, the walls are thin. I actually was able to hear the guy in the room next to me snooring as well as many people's fainting conversations somewhere in the hallway. Yeah. The snooring thing, that was definitely a first. Needless to say, the front desk was courteous. Just not apologetic about having to switch me.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your return stay and for your feedback in regards to your stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not business as usual. I can certainly understand your frustrations with the noise and the room not being ready at three as promised. I sincerely apologize for this. You will be happy to know that the renovation is almost complete, so that should eliminate some of the noise.

Again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Woodbridge area.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

This hotel had a friendly staff, very helpful and the accomodations were excellent, as you would expect from a Residence Inn. There were plenty of great restaurants in the area to choose from, the bed was incredibly comfortable and the room was modern and updated. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would return anytime if my job permits me to go back there. I did not have the breakfast since I had to check out early, but there was coffee in the hallway. Just don't make the mistake of leaving the bldg before daylight without your card like I did or you won't have a way back inside to get the coffee!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business