“Our Stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott, Potomac Mills, Woodbridge, VA” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Potomac Mills Woodbridge

Residence Inn Potomac Mills Woodbridge
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Woodbridge
Washington, Michigan
“Our Stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott, Potomac Mills, Woodbridge, VA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed in May 2012. At the time, hotel was being renovated. This seems to be an ongoing thing.

Easy access off the Prince William Parkway - go into that large shopping center, Marriott is at the top of the hill.

Front desk staff are courteous and friendly.

Hotel lobby has three computers for guests. Can log into internet from your room, no special codes or anything.

Rooms are very clean and spacious. But - you will pay up to 200.00 per night for double suite.

Non-Smoking Complaint. Called about a Smoker in the room across from ours. Front desk was courteous in taking complaint, but did nothing about it. Smoker continued to smoke in Non-Smoking Room and filled the hall with cigarette smoke it was so strong. if this happens to you, and front desk ignores your complaint, just call the Prince William County Police and they will enforce code.

This is a Pet Friendly Hotel. Problem is - the Pet Fee is OUTRAGEOUS at $100.00. A nominal fee is 10.00 per pet, so make sure you ask the Manager for an adjustment. If he objects, contact Marriott Corporate and give them your opinion.

Manager needs to be more friendly, customer oriented, and responsive to customer requests - enough said.

This is my Candid Assessment. I hold the following Hotel Memberships:

Marriott Rewards
Hampton Inn HHonors
Starwood Preferred Guest
Hyaltt Gold Pass
Holiday Inn Platinum Member
Choice Hotels International
Venetian Hotel Club

Room Tip: When selecting a room, ask to be away from the areas being renovated - lots of unhealthy dust and de...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Yoursinhospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and writing a review about your experience. I truly believe that guest feedback is truly the best way to improve our services. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to resolve the issue with the other guest smoking when you called it in. I will use this as a training opportunity to make sure all staff members know how handle guests who violate our no smoking policy.

I understand your frustrations with the pet fee, however we use this fee for additional cleaning that we perform on all rooms with pets. This exta cleaning is to ensure that guests who may be sensitive to pets can have a comfortable stay.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Woodbridge area.

Travis Weller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
O'Fallon, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The hotel has the usual friendly staff and the rooms are terrific! This is my first time here and apparently the room I'm staying in was recently renovated. It is a two-bedroom, two bathrooms, and a fireplace. Each room has a flat screen tv and the wireless internet is free and extremely fast. The full size refrigerator is modern, there is a 4 top range/oven and dishwasher. The view is nothing special - overlooking another hotel and Prince William Pkwy. However, this Residence Inn is situated close to several nice restaurants and the huge Potmac Mills Shopping Mall. It is 20 miles from Ronald Reagan Airport (DCA) and conveniently close to MCB Quantico. The complimentary breakfast was modest - but adequate, and the manager's social (Mon-Thurs) evening meal was equally modest but adequate. Plenty of parking and the rooms are quiet. The only drawback I've found - and I assume this is temporary and an side effect of renovations - is a strong paint smell in the lobby/first floor area. No such odors in the rooms or halls though.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Patrick H
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback in regards to your stay. Guest feedback is the best way that we can improve our services. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our renovation will be completed by mid June and I think you will be very happy with our new lobby and rooms. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Woodbridge area.

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

My early check-in request apparently didn't hold up, as they not only didn't have a room ready for me at 3pm, but they had to switch me into a different type of room. No big deal, except when I checked into that room and finally got settled... there was hammering above my head. The reason this place is getting a good rating is because they respected the noise level upon 5pm as you would expect. And the accomodations exceed any other place I stay at on business. And for me, since I pack food/drinks all the time, I love that they have larger than normal refrigerators with freezers at all their locations. At this Residence Inn though, the walls are thin. I actually was able to hear the guy in the room next to me snooring as well as many people's fainting conversations somewhere in the hallway. Yeah. The snooring thing, that was definitely a first. Needless to say, the front desk was courteous. Just not apologetic about having to switch me.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your return stay and for your feedback in regards to your stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not business as usual. I can certainly understand your frustrations with the noise and the room not being ready at three as promised. I sincerely apologize for this. You will be happy to know that the renovation is almost complete, so that should eliminate some of the noise.

Again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Woodbridge area.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

This hotel had a friendly staff, very helpful and the accomodations were excellent, as you would expect from a Residence Inn. There were plenty of great restaurants in the area to choose from, the bed was incredibly comfortable and the room was modern and updated. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would return anytime if my job permits me to go back there. I did not have the breakfast since I had to check out early, but there was coffee in the hallway. Just don't make the mistake of leaving the bldg before daylight without your card like I did or you won't have a way back inside to get the coffee!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

I do a LOT of traveling, and stay at many hotels. The cleanliness of this hotel was a problem. When I checked in, I found a SOCK under the kitchen table. Over the course of my stay (over a month) the same dirt was in the same place - do they every vacuum here? My bathroom smelled overpoweringly of mildew, and I like another reviewer, my mattress feels like its made of hay because it sinks in the middle. I actually went to a nearby store and purchased a pillow, because the ones here are made of cotton balls or something. Be aware, they allow pets at this hotel, which I am allergic to. Unfortunately, they do offer "non-smoking" rooms, but not "non-pet" rooms, and I pretty much itched every day I was there. I cannot recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back of the property are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Yoursinhospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Potomac Mills. I want to apologize for the cleanliness issues that you experienced while you were here. I have brought these issues to the attention of our housekeeping department and we will be doing a re training session with all of the housekeepers. Also, you will be happy to know that we are in the process of setting up pet free rooms.

Again I appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the Woodbridge area.

Yours In Hospitality,
Central Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed here on a month long cross country trip. Our daughter lives in the area, and we were here for the Memorial Day Weekend. We were traveling with our two Bichons.......dogs. The upside was that they take pets, the downside is that their pet fee is a hundred dollars. That was fine for us as we stayed for five nights, but the price is the same whether you stay one night or twenty nights. For one night, it would exceed our budget.
When we checked in, the woman at the desk was friendly, efficient and thoughtful. She put us at the end of the hall so we could take the dogs out when necessary. We also needed a handicapped accessible room, and this room fit both pet and people requirements. The room was clean and attractive, and we enjoy the free internet and breakfast. The housekeeping staff was very accomodating about cleaning when it was convenient for us. We usually got up and out pretty early, but wanted to avoid the dogs barking, so just told the nearest member of the staff when we would be leaving that day, and they worked around us. Our bed was comfortable, as were the other furnishings. We would definitely stay there again when next in the area. We don't usually travel with our dogs, so would stay there even without them.
Thanks for a lovely visit.

Room Tip: I thought our room was quiet even though it faced out into the parking lot. The hotel is at the end...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Yoursinhospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and kind words. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I do quite a bit of traveling for work and it is always a pleasure to find a hotel with a staff that is friendly, polite and helpful. This was the case at the Potomac Mills Residence Inn. From the moment I checked in to the exiting the door after checkout the staff did their best to make sure my stay was pleasant. I like the fact that the RIs by Marriott have a full kitchen or kitchenette since I have special meal requirements. In this facility I found everything clean, in working order and good condition. Great stay overall.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and kind words in regards to your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Potomac Mills. As GM, I enjoy getting guest feeback both good and bad. I believe that guest feedback is the best way that we can improve our level of service.

Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Woodbridge area!