“Considerate check in”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Woodbridge
Central Florida, Florida
“Considerate check in”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed here on a month long cross country trip. Our daughter lives in the area, and we were here for the Memorial Day Weekend. We were traveling with our two Bichons.......dogs. The upside was that they take pets, the downside is that their pet fee is a hundred dollars. That was fine for us as we stayed for five nights, but the price is the same whether you stay one night or twenty nights. For one night, it would exceed our budget.
When we checked in, the woman at the desk was friendly, efficient and thoughtful. She put us at the end of the hall so we could take the dogs out when necessary. We also needed a handicapped accessible room, and this room fit both pet and people requirements. The room was clean and attractive, and we enjoy the free internet and breakfast. The housekeeping staff was very accomodating about cleaning when it was convenient for us. We usually got up and out pretty early, but wanted to avoid the dogs barking, so just told the nearest member of the staff when we would be leaving that day, and they worked around us. Our bed was comfortable, as were the other furnishings. We would definitely stay there again when next in the area. We don't usually travel with our dogs, so would stay there even without them.
Thanks for a lovely visit.

Room Tip: I thought our room was quiet even though it faced out into the parking lot. The hotel is at the end...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Yoursinhospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and kind words. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Travis Weller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

I do quite a bit of traveling for work and it is always a pleasure to find a hotel with a staff that is friendly, polite and helpful. This was the case at the Potomac Mills Residence Inn. From the moment I checked in to the exiting the door after checkout the staff did their best to make sure my stay was pleasant. I like the fact that the RIs by Marriott have a full kitchen or kitchenette since I have special meal requirements. In this facility I found everything clean, in working order and good condition. Great stay overall.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and kind words in regards to your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Potomac Mills. As GM, I enjoy getting guest feeback both good and bad. I believe that guest feedback is the best way that we can improve our level of service.

Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Woodbridge area!

Portsmouth, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

but, the Potomac Mills Residence Inn is like being in the comfort of your own home, or maybe better! This property is as fresh as the first time I stayed here in 2007, though Travis, the General Manager, told me that they are scheduled for a revitalization in the near future. Neither work, nor pleasure brought me to this hotel for about a year, yet, when I arrived I was greeted by name and welcomed by the GM and some of the old familiar staff, including Norma, the wonderful lady that presents their evening meal/refreshments, and if you still need something after they've closed down the evening activity, just ask...because it will soon be yours! I hesitate to recommend this property to anyone for fear that it will become even more popular and, thus, that much more difficult to get into, but I do, and will continue to! Thanks to the staff for making this a home away from home!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Yoursinhospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Dear Greg A ,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to being your "Home Away from Home" the next time you are in the Woodbridge area.

West Caldwell, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

We had stayed here before when we went down to VA for a family reunion over the holidays. We were very satisfied last time, so we stayed here again for another family event. The reasons we chose this hotel again was we could bring our dog since it's pet-friendly, the suites were clean & spacious, the staff was helpful, they had a nice hot breakfast & it's located very close (walking distance) to the shopping areas & restaurants. My family & I would definitely stay here again next time we go back to Woodbridge.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear Raes112,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Woodbridge area.

Manassas, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

We were supposed to be staying here for 10 plus nights while on a military pcs move. We checked in with no problems. We chose this hotel because of the area and the "kitchen". The room was a suite, had a pull out couch, a small bedroom and a small kitchenette. I say kitchenette lightly becuase it had an almost normal size refridgerator, no stove and no microwave. It did have a two burner cooktop. But really for us we need a microwave. The room was clean but old. The main problems were the pull out bed we slept on was extremely uncomfortable. I know most are uncomfortable but most now have the thick foam pads for matresses but not this one. It was old, lumpy and just uncomfortable. The bed room is small and there is no room to put a roll away bed in there. They did bring us a roll away bed and we took the matress off and put it in the floor of the hallway. So overall I would not recommend this hotel. For the same military rate you can go across the parking lot to the other marriot and get two nice rooms. But if you need the big refridgerator and maybe have pets with you i'd stay here.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank chetandbetsy
Dear Chetandbetsy,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Potomac Mills. I am sorry to hear about your experience with our pull out sofas. I am happy to say that all of our pull out sofas will be replaced within the next 6 months. I hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the Woodbridge area.

Yours In Hospitality,
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

We came up for the weekend for a family reunion and chose the Residence Inn since a number of other family members were also staying there.

There are many things this hotel does well. The suites are nice - perfect for spreading out. We were only here for 2 nights, but even for a short stay we appreciated the extra space. For our family that was there 5 nights, this becomes even more of an advantage. The separate sitting areas are great for visiting, and the kitchen was equipped with a full-size fridge, microwave, dishwasher, and small cooktop (2 burners), along with ample dishes, pots, and pans. Our room was clean and well-cared for.

Another great positive - the staff was very friendly! A few smiles from staff members go a long way. The housekeeping staff was great, and also friendly. And a special request at the front desk was handled wonderfully. Kudos to everyone who worked at this location.

The complimentary breakfast was standard - nothing special, but certainly adequate. There was a nice selection of hot food (waffles, oatmeal, and "eggs") as well as bagels, danishes, fruit, cereal, and yogurt. While it wasn't gourmet by any means, every guest should be able to find something to eat. A downside - the coffee is AWFUL and if you want tea, it's even worse (the provided hot water is heated by running it through a coffeemaker, so it has that coffee flavor). For a short stay, do yourself a favor and walk to the Starbucks in the adjacent plaza. For a more cost-effective option on a longer stay, there's a Target across the street where you can buy coffee to brew in the small coffee maker in your room.

Unfortunately, we could not get a good night's rest, and because this is such an important part of a hotel stay, I could not rank the hotel any higher. Our mattress was either old or just low quality, but it sank in the middle and was uncomfortable. The pillows felt like lumpy mashed potatoes, and a request at the front desk for different pillows was honored quickly but simply provided more pillows of the same type. The bedroom curtains still let in a fair amount of light, as well. On the plus side, our room was quiet, perhaps since it faced a plaza parking lot that didn't receive any traffic at night.

With some upgraded bedding, this stay could have been wonderful, but since we didn't get much rest, it was sub-par. If we end up staying in Woodbridge again, we'll likely try the Courtyard Marriott next door.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Yoursinhospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, April 29, 2011
Dear Bqkali,

Thank you so much for the feedback. I truly believe that guest feedback is the best way that we can improve our product. I was sorry to hear about your problem with your mattress. Please let me know which room had the bad mattress so that I can make sure that we replace it with a new one. Again, thank you for the feedback.

woodbridge va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

My husband and I were transferring to the Woodbridge/Stafford VA area and needed a place for a few weeks while a house was purchased. We had a small dog and cat and the thought of putting the cat in a kennel for a long time would not help her as she is older. We checked out the Residence Inn and were shown a room that had the living area, office area, kitchenette with table and chairs and seperate bedroom with bath and another TV. The best part was they allowed pets and for an extremely reasonable price we were able to have our small little family here for what turned into 2 months. The staff is wonderful from the front desk management, the ladies in the breakfast & evening meal departments as well as all of the housekeeping staff. They are so professional and polite and made our long stay here very nice. I highly recommend this hotel. It is quiet, convenient and very clean. They have made our time here a pleasure. MS

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Yoursinhospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, March 9, 2011
Dear MS,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to you recent extended stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Potomac Mills. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. I will pass your kind words on to my staff.

Yours In Hospitality,