“Always a good time!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Firebirds Wood Fired Grill

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Ranked #7 of 268 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Pub, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Firebirds is a collection of polished casual restaurants offering a refined atmosphere, top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. We are known for our authentic, wood-fired entrees infused with bold flavors, fresh herbs & spices. Our restaurants feature a selection of aged steaks hand-cut in the restaurant, fresh seafood, chicken & ribs seared over local hickory, oak or pecan wood.
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Always a good time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

There is a reason this place is always busy! The drinks are good! The service is great and the food is consistent and great?

• Visited February 2014

• Arabic first
Virginia
“Great service, great food, short wait!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

A few restaurants have opened in Woodbridge VA recently, and some have 60+ minute waits, but not this one. We waited 15 minutes and then were taken to our table which was spaced a little further apart than some restaurants have their tables. We also noticed that the noise level was much lower in Firebirds too even though it was busy.

The food was excellent - we ordered from the kids and regular menus and both were really good. The server was patient, but not cloying, the food came on time and was right first time and it was all cooked to perfection. The fact that you can see the flames from some of the tables is kind of cool too as you see where the "fire" part of the title comes from.

Reasonably priced too - not the cheapest, but certainly still family on a budget friendly. We are going there again in a couple of weeks for a birthday celebration!

1 Thank herzo1852
Dumfries, Virginia, United States
“Almost a great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We were at Stonebridge for other reasons and decided to try out this restaurant for the first time. It was a Saturday afternoon. We were greeted by some very friendly people then seated immediately. I couldn't help but notice the beautiful bar and after being seated we were told the story behind the "Firebar."

We started with drinks from the bar, just wine and beer, and ordered the Lobster Spinach Queso appetizer. It was delicious and the multi-colored chips were just right. We both ordered the burger special of the day, which included melted cheese, a tasty sauce combining bacon and other ingredients (negated the need for ketchup). The burger was topped with some kind of crispy cheese that I found to be inedible. In fact I couldn't even break it apart it was so rubbery. My companion's was crispier and he ate it. I set it aside and ate the burger without it, but I did tell our server. She didn't even offer to replace it. The burgers themselves were grilled over a wood fire I was told and they were really good. We finished the meal by sharing a piece of banana cream pie.

I would definitely return to Firebirds to try more of their menu items, but I have to say I was a little disappointed with my burger and will be more careful about what I order in the future.

• 3 of 5 stars
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Perfect Filet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We split the seasonal special filet mignon with lobster sauce. So tender we almost didn't need a knife. Sauce complimented but didn't overwhelm the perfectly cooked beef. Fresh asparagus was lightly cooked and seasoned. Sweet potato waffle fries are delicious and surprisingly light. We also split another limited time item: a piece of banana creme pie. Get these specials while they are on the seasonal menu!
In addition, we appreciated that the music was truly in the background so conversation could be enjoyed. Love the open kitchen concept and watching the chefs cooking over the signature flames.

Visited May 2014
Stafford, Virginia
“Great Food - Great Atmosphere!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We went for Mother's Day for a late dinner. This was my third visit to Firebirds Woodbrige location. I love the atmosphere here; it's dim and romantic. Food is AWESOME!!! My favorite appetizer is the coconut shrimp- the sauce and slaw is zesty and tasty! The food portions are generous. Serivice is quick and attentive. The location is also great; centrally located around great shopping and other restaurants. I would definitely recommend this place for couples or just a casual outing.