“Very nice informal dining in artsy modern brand new shopping town center!”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 303 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located at Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center near Wegman's. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Happy Hour Monday thru Friday from 4-7PM and Saturday-Sunday 1-5PM at the FIREBAR(R) or on the patio. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This Firebirds is located in Potomac Town Center in Woodbridge--in what appears to be a brand new walk-thru town shopping area. Pot Town Cent is worth a trip on it's own just to walk through!! Likely that metro areas across the USA have similar "upscale" pleasant artsy shopping plazas But as an amateur photog--this place was unique--as I snapped pictures again and again! Firebirds is a steak house there--dark on the inside with unusual colors and artwork--> very well designed and unique in appearance (my smart phone camera had lots of targets)! The food is good! Steak house type offerings---but well done. There was not any long wait on this slow afternoon in October--the server was friendly and professional. Basically one cannot beat a good steak house; and this one had unusual designing---colors---lights---and art work. I saw that they also have outside seating--and an interesting looking bar (interior motif is dark). This is informal dining---which is kind of nice. The entire area (Potomac Town Place)--> is informal--artsy--lots of resto choices--open fire pit areas--ultra modern little yogurt shop. There were giant Asian horse statues outside of PF Changs--that fascinated my 22 months granddaughter. One gets the impression that developers have learned very well how to do this---hire top notch designers> and create a very pleasant shopping or informal dining experience. We have someting similar here in South Florida--> called Coconut Point in Estero! Anyway---give Firebirds a try---give the Town Place a try---you will be back!!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Took my daughter for her birthday. We went early evening and it was not crowded. Our waitress was really helpful and attentive. They easily accommodated the no sugar, no gluten, no dairy diet I was on at the time. The salmon was cooked perfectly and the vegetables seasoned well enough to eat all of them. This was my first visit, however, my daughter has been several times before and always enjoys it.

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

First off I wax told the wait would be a half hour. We waited over an hour to be seated. Once we were seated it took forever to have a server appear but he had plenty of time to stand around and chit chat. ( we watched him) The place is totally mediocre. The food was just ok. Plenty of other restaurants to go to, to not feel like I have to work for my meal!

Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear ctcv,

Thank you for the valuable feedback regarding your recent visit to Firebirds. I am so sorry to hear that we did not execute our usual standard of hospitality. Firebirds was founded on the highest of standards and we we fail to exceed the expectations of our guests, it is imperative that we rectify the experience. I will be forwarding your comment to our management team and I would like to have someone contact you. Would you please email me at bhall@fbgrill.com with your contact information and please add the location.

Becky

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

First time eating at a firebird's and the atmosphere was great. Nicely dim lighting and the liquor bottles in the bar area was lit very well. The food seems a bit overpriced. I had the coconut shrimp which was great and my bf had the prime rib sandwich and it was salty but good. The drink I had was really good. Overall the food and drinks were great just not sure if its worth the price

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I've eaten at Firebird's many times over the years... used to drive from Stafford to Richmond to eat at Short Pump before one was built in Spotsylvania. So when I had a business meeting in the Woodbridge area, this popped in as the place to go.

It was just ok.

BLT salad was good. Bread was good. Service was good - none were excellent. But the spicy prime rib sandwhich (if that's what it's called?) was horrible. It was too salty, not spicy and loaded with fat and gristle. The fries taht came with it were barely warm and not very flavorful as well.

This was my first time at this particular location. Might be worth a second try just to see if this what just a fluke.

Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear J E.,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at Firebirds. I was happy to hear that you have been a loyal guest of Firebirds in the past but was sorry to hear that our Steak Sandwich was not prepared to our usual standards. Your feedback is very important to us so I would love to have a member of our management team reach out to you. Would you kindly respond with your contact information to bhall@fbgrill.com?

Thank you and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Becky