“Feel the Fire”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 282 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located at Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center near Wegman's. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Happy Hour Monday thru Friday from 4-7PM and Saturday-Sunday 1-5PM at the FIREBAR(R) or on the patio. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Firebirds has a pretty simple menu of dishes that they do well. Burgers, steaks, salads are the staples on the menu but I likes the atmosphere and adult beverage the best. They feature top shelf spirits and a good selection of beer. The service was outstanding!

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Hubby and I went for a date recently and were pleasantly surprised at how good our steaks were. We usually get steaks at Ruth's Chris, and were pleasantly surprised at how good firebirds' are. Their fries and port mushrooms are also very good, the ambience is nice and we had a good experience with their service!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Dined here for lunch. A great atmosphere with little background noise so you can honestly hear your dining companions. Friendly wait staff who provide just the right amount of service without hovering. A manager who makes rounds to check on things at each table. Lots of open space so you don't feel like you are intruding on other diners. There is an option to dine at the bar or at bar tables. Nice menu selections overall at fair and comparable prices. Presentations were very colorful and tastefully arranged. Food was very tasty and a good portion size. Beverage (ice tea) glass was never empty. A fresh glass appeared without asking. Suitable wine selections to please red or white drinkers. I will be sure to return and recommend Firebird's to others.

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Tried here tonight at the suggestion of my husband. He's a steak sandwich guy and had liked his first few experiences here now we know why. Tonight we tried ordering actual steaks and it left alot to be desired. My order first off was wrong, then tgeir attempt to fix it landed me with cold food. His prime rib was better and warm but the highlight was the sweet potato fries. Bottom line don't go here expecting a good steak place you will be dissappointed..

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill just opened in Woodbridge around the 5th of November. They had sent us a $10 off coupon. We decided to visit on a Friday night and arrived around 5:30. The place was teeming. We were told there would be a wait of about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. We walked into the bar which was also teeming. A waitress (Pauline) asked if she could take our bar order and shortly we had drinks in our hands. It was happy hour so the drink prices were discounted. The back of the bar was stacked with lots of liquor bottles with beautiful colored lights shining through. There is also a large fireplace which put out lots of heat and would be ideal on a cold winter's night. There was another couple sitting at one of the two person tables in the bar and we asked if we could share a corner of their table to set our drinks down. They said yes and that they were actually on their way out. My wife and I grabbed the table when they left and turned in our beeper. We shortly had menus, which had a wide variety of choices on them.

A little while later another waitress brought by their signature appetizer. and said it was on the house. This appetizer is a Lobster Spinach Queso ($10.95) served with red, yellow and black tortilla chips. My wife doesn't eat any sort of shell fish so I was left on my own. I only ate a small amount of it as I didn't want to ruin my meal. The appetizer was easily enough to feed four. It was absolutely delicious. My wife was not real hungry so she chose a Chicken Tortilla Soup which she declared was marvelous and would be even better with some fresh cilantro. She also ordered their BLT Salad which she also declared to be quite scrumptious.

My meal was succulent prime rib cooked to perfection served with Au Jus on the side along with a horseradish sauce. My comment on this is that I personally feel fresh horseradish would be better. We both enjoyed a glass of wine with our meals, hers a House Chardonnay and myself a house red.

This is the type of restaurant I feel has been needed in Woodbridge for some time now. We will definitely go back and look forward to being able to eat in the dining room. The biggest reason I didn't give them a five rating was the noise level in the bar made it difficult to carry on a conversation. We would also like to reserve this number so that we can try some of the other dishes, in hopefully a much quieter dining room.

I don't know if they accept reservations or not but will ask on our next trip. The outdoor seating has heat lamps.