“My Opinion - Just another Average Chinese Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of P.F. Chang's

P.F. Chang's
Ranked #44 of 275 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Tampa, Florida
“My Opinion - Just another Average Chinese Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was our first time visiting PF Chang's. We came on a week night because we heard you can't wait as long as two plus hours. I am glad we didn't come on a busy weekend. I would say this place is average. I would have been a little disappointed if I had to wait a long time. I wouldn't say it's excellent or very good. The wait staff was pleasantly nice but not on top of their game. We had to wait for ice tea refills and our food. We ordered the hot and sour soup which I would say was the only excellent food item that we tried. The soup came out in a timely manner but the main course was an additional hour and fifteen minutes later. This was obvious that it was a food server mistake. The tables around us were getting their main course much faster even after they were seated after us. We tried four different dishes to taste a variety of items on the menu. Sesame Chicken, Szechuan Beef, Chang's Chicken, Mandarin Chicken and Cucumber Salad. The Sesame Chicken had way too many sesame seeds. It was over kill in my opinion. The Mandarin Chicken reminded me of boiled chicken with sauce on it. It was a little bland to me. The Szechuan Beef was crunchy and over cooked. I felt like I was eating Beef Jerky. The best item out of the four was Chang's Chicken which was the closest to General TSOs Chicken that they have on the menu. The cucumber salad consisted mostly of red onions compared to cucumbers and tomatoes. I didn't like the seating area either. In the middle of the restaurant the tables seemed a little crowded. I had a couple of the servers bump into me.

• Visited March 2013

• Arabic first
Dale City, Virginia
“I have had much better food from take-out restaurants”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We started the meal with hot ans sour soup and spring rolls, both of which were good. The entrees however were simply awful, apparently seasoned by someone who has never tasted what they cook. My one daughter had the sweet and sour chicken. It should have been called sour chicken - there was no sweetness what-so-ever, any other flavors that may have been present were buried by the vinegar flavor. My other daughter and I both had the Ma Po ToFu. Both plates were horribly over seasoned with salt to the point of being inedible. I have had extra salty snacks whose sodium level paled in comparison to this.

• Visited February 2013
Mount Union, Pennsylvania, United States
“Really have to question the wait time...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Having been to several PF Chang's across the country, this location seemed to be similar. Upon arrival, we instituted the usual meet with the hostess, and pick up the beeper for seating. The bar was quite packed, so we elected to sit and wait our turn....

Several other party of 2 couple arrived after us. Over the course of 90 minutes (We were initially told a 45 minute wait), I complained to the hostess station. I had witness several others do the same, and found their buzzer ringing like magic within 3 minutes of their chat. We experienced the same thing.

NOT A GOOD SIGN!

• Visited March 2013
Virginia
“Wonderful place to eat!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

This place has the best Asian food. My personal favorite....lettuce wraps. They have delicious food and they always please. My husband and I usually order from the menu and order the special dinner for 2. They never disappoint. The food is always good. It is a little pricey, but worth the wait and money.

Visited March 2013
Montgomery, Alabama
“New PF Chang's already on a downhill slide. Unfortunate.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

This PF Chang's seems to be on a downhill slide.

We've been here a couple of times now and it's been 50/50. Sometimes service is good, food is good; other times service is VERY slow, almost like they are stuck in mud.

When they are good, it's a nice dining experience. But over the last few visit, things have deteriorated. Slow, slow, slower service (and this is when they are not even 50% fully). Even getting water is a trial. Order a drink, forget it. SUPER SLOW.

Sometimes the apps don't come out until a few minutes before the entrees. Crazy. Sometimes they don't come out at all, or you get food without utensils. Simple issues, easily addressed, but someone is alseep at the wheel here.

Sometimes food comes out hot and fresh; other times lukewarm to cold, obvious that it's been sitting in the back. Not special.

If you want dessert, they can be fast taking your order, but then getting the food is so slow you regret the decision. I ordered tiramisu and it was frozen solid. Not edible.

I know this is a relatively new location, but they should have the kinks worked out by now (it's been several months since they opened).

ABSOLUTELY make an online reservation if possible; otherwise wait times can be ridiculous (with people jamming up the door and bar area).

Music varies from rock, techno euro pop (much too loud) to kinda normal-ish restaurant music. What's up with that? Can MUZAK be that schizophrenic?

For the price and poor service, this PF Chang's is sliding downhill fast (especially with other new restaurants opening in the shopping center).

• Visited February 2013