“Nice clean hotel, but disappointed in breakfast charges”

Courtyard Potomac Mills Woodbridge
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Woodbridge
Reviewed August 8, 2014

The hotel was very nice, clean, and comfortable. Staff was friendly. Our only complaint was that our reservations for a family of 4 said that our breakfast was included in the room rate. Upon check out we were charged for 2 breakfasts each day. The manager said that the room rate only included breakfast for 2 even though we made reservations for 4. Went back to look at fine print on reservation and still have not found that exception. I recommend checking with front desk on the policy ahead of time. Disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2014
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Potomac Mills Woodbridge

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is super nice! The room was large, clean and decorated nicely. The lobby is very pristine. My husband bought the $9 breakfast and he was very pleased with the large selection and quality of food. I would recommend this hotel! It's standard of quality is great. We would stay again for sure.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I normally opt to stay at Residence Inn, when available, because I feel more "at home" there. It was full on the one night I needed to be back in Woodbridge, so I stayed next door at the Courtyard. It was clean and comfortable, and I did buy a light breakfast at the cafe, which was ok. The lobby was bright and well appointed. No time to swim and I don't work out, so I can't speak to those amenities. All in all, for the price, it was an okay substitution for Residence Inn. The staff were friendly and provided good service as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I walked in and Racheal took such good care of me and my family.the hotel is so clean.And the breakfast in the am is great..If you are in the area please stay here you cant go wrong..You can walk to almost any place to eat or shop.Very close to a very large mall....Again you cant go wrong staying here I cant say enough good things about this place.......

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Janine L
Reviewed June 26, 2014

As a Marriott Platinum member I frequent plenty of Courtyards. I rate this property perhaps at the top 10%! Friendly, courteous and professional staff, very clean rooms that provide all the amenities. The condition of the overall hotel is exemplary. The outside grounds are well manicured and attractive. Very clean pool and hot tub. They have not changed over to the Bistro concept yet. So, you'll enjoy a more personal breakfast that offers a decent buffet. Located not far off I-95 it's convenient to nearby restaurants and stores. Recommend checking out a nearby new upscale shopping area called "Stonebridge" that offers a wide variety of restaurants. Stay in a room that faces the front (even room numbers) which are much quieter as the rooms on the opposite side face a noisy highway.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I had a great experience staying at this hotel. The rooms were spacious with a great layout. Big bathroom which i love. The breakfast could be a bit better. It was the same thing everyday and I was there for 9 nights. So it did get boring after the 4th day. You have many food options in the area. The potomac mills mall is 5 mins away as well as direct access to 95. Washington DC is about 30 mins away, however it could be a pain because there is always traffic in that corridor. With that in mind it could take about 40 mins. The fitness center needs to be renovated. Overall I did enjoy my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We normally stay at the Woodbridge Marriott Springhill Suites but they were full so we opted for the Courtyard. Not a bad opt. Very nice accommodations, clean, and the staff was exceptional. Rooms were very nice. We stayed in a King Suite which had all we could ask for including a fridge. Pool was nice and kept at a great temperature as was the whirlpool. A small store was on site and they did serve meals along with providing room service if you required. It is located at Potomac Mills near IKEA and the outlet mall which makes it easy access for shopping and a great day. Our only reason for not giving them an excellent is breakfast is not included in the price. It is a small buffet type breakfast which you must pay for when you eat. This kind of sets it aside from other Marriott properties we have stayed at over the years as well as other hotels too. Being a business traveler on the road nearly 35-40 weeks a year breakfast is one of my pet peeves overall. This wouldn't deter me from staying again but would make me look at nearby Marriott or other properties before booking.

Room Tip: Corner rooms/suites seem to be quite large, quiet and give you easy access in and out of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple