“Great stay ”

Courtyard Potomac Mills Woodbridge
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Woodbridge
“Great stay ”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very clean and big. The pool isn't big but decent to get your swim. The gym has a few equipment. The rooms are big and the bathroom is spacious. It was a great stay and we would stay again. My only complaint was that the lights weren't white so it made us sleepy but it was fine.

Stayed April 2014
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Potomac Mills Woodbridge was enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard in Woodbridge. It is one of three Marriott properties at this location. The desk staff were absolutely wonderful. Friendly and helpful. The only complaints I have would be one day I came back to my room at 5pm and it still had not been cleaned. (Only one instance of this happening) The other complaint is their gym equipment. The gym is small, but the treadmill did not work properly and the universal weight pulley machine was in severe need of work as well. (Seats do not adjust etc.)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hi Kristen,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I will certainly share your kind comments with my front desk staff. I am truly lucky to have such an amazing front desk team. I will also share your comments regarding housekeeping and the equipment in the gym with the proper department supervisors as well. Thank you so much for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Made a quick stay here while driving from NJ to Tampa. Staff was friendly and very accomodating or our requests considering we had no reservations. Rooms were average for a Courtyard. However they were very clean and up-to-date. Prime location, very close to I-95 and tons of restaurants and shopping within walking distance. Would keep in mind for a future stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to host you again the next time you are in the Woodbridge area.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The room was very beautiful, with a sofa, a desk, free coffee, a lot of towel...

There's a breakfast served in the morning for $10, with decent choices and good quality. The staff was very polite and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please come back and visit us soon! Have a great day.
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

As a frequent traveler I use points for stays whenever possible. Marriott rewards are awesome! Rarely have a bad experience at a Marriott affiliated hotel. Hotel was in nice place around shopping and restaurants and easy to get to. Staff was courteous and helpful. room was nice but no microwave in room and only a mini fridge like a cooler. Had modern furniture. Bathroom was nice and spacious. Had a queen bed that was way too soft and low to floor. If you have bad back or older these beds are not for u. Had pretty good buffet there as well as indoor pool and hot tub. Would stay again if they did something about beds.

• Stayed February 2014
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Potomac Mills Courtyard by Marriott! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed along your comments regarding the soft mattress to our interior design team and engineering department. We thank you for sharing your comments and hope you come back and visit us again soon.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Wow - The GM and staff at this hotel need to be praised. This is simply a wonderful Courtyard, easily the nicest I've ever been in, and its nestled in a small Marriott cluster (with Springhill and Residence Inn) near 95 and Prince William Parkway.

The rooms are beautiful, and the hotel feels so clean and is very quiet. You can tell that excellence is the minimum here. The front desk clerk (Lauren I think?)...super friendly, attentive, and very welcoming. Another reviewer said this felt like a family owned hotel, which is so true and very very rare in the suburban DC area. Nobody travels to Woodbridge because they actually want to (sorry natives), but this hotel makes the whole trip worth it.

Back to the standard stuff...Free wifi (it works!!), a nice mini convenient store with reasonable prices and a good selection of cold beer (yes please!). They actually have a very nice lobby with a hotel bar, but I'm the only fool who traveled to DC for Christmas vacation, so it wasn't opened for my stay...since nobody in their right mind would want to come to Woodbridge for Christmas and the hotel was mostly empty. Mostly full HDTV, fridge, coffee, clean bathroom, comfy bed, seating area with tables, a desk, closet.. You cannot go wrong here...again, Mr. Marriott CEO if you're reading this, THIS is how all of your Marriott hotels should be run!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank NotSharkBait
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments. My team and I strive to be the best hotel in the Woodbridge area. We take a tremendous amount of pride in our work/hotel and want it to feel like "your home away from home". I hope you had a safe and happy holiday. Thanks again for the amazing feedback.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I decided to stay at this hotel and commute in to my various meetings across DC. It was a bit far of a commute at times, but my stay was absolutely exceptional - particularly considering that chain hotels normally can get quite anonymous.
My room was very spacious and fresh. The hotel staff were very friendly, fun and helpful. It felt like I was staying at a family-run hotel. The bar area was cosy and usually busy with guests. The food was simple but refined.
The proximity to the Potomac mills mall as well as to the freeway are the core strengths. Dulles airport was about 45 minutes drive away in average traffic.
The only negative was that some traffic noise could be heard during night, particularly when there were emergency vehicles. But that was not frequent.
If my DC meetings are located in a way that makes the commute acceptable, I would most definitely opt for this hotel rather than the overpriced and bland hotels in DC downtown.

Room Tip: I would choose a room facing away from the freeway.