I arrived in the Afternoon. I had a reservation. I tipped the front desk and told them cleanliness was very important to me and that I needed to run a couple errands and would return to check in.
Room was dirty. Sheets were paper thin, bed cover had a small what looked like blood stain. It had been washed but since the bedspread is cheap it should not have been reused.
Bathroom had hair and sticky stuff on the counters.
Staff was friendly but does not make up for my tipping the front desk to check my room out before i check in and they ignoring me.So much for all the hype I have been hearing about tipping the front desk.
Was charged $3.95 for a small bag of candy. I expected $2.00 for a bag of candy that retails for 75 cents. Its the principle. No prices are posted for any of the front desk snack area so I can only imagine what some of the other things would have cost. Again, its not the money but the principle.
When I shared my displeasure with the hotel they emailed me a sorry you had a bad experience email. I replied back that it did not seem sincere. It almost seemed like the wording they email anytime a guest has a bad experience. They emailed back No really we are being sincere. Hello...I expect a call not an email considering the number of issues I took the time to detail out for you politely. I even said I wanted to give them a chance to respond without me just posting a bad review online.
All I wanted was a call to perosnally apologize for sticking me in a dirty room AFTER i took the time to tip the front desk to check the room for me. I also wanted a partial refund for a $4.00 charge on candy I bought at the front desk. The price was way over the cost of what you can get it for at a store.
This property is not owned by Marriott. Its a company that owns several properties all over the US. I will make sure to check their website in the future to see if any hotel I plan to stay at part of their properties. Lips service for a bad experience is worthless.
My complaints were legitimate. If you cant provide a clean room, whats the point. your a hotel. You have one job. Clean room at a fair price. Not that hard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is conveniently located off I-95, 20 minutes south of DC. We offer a deluxe hot breakfast, with eggs cooked to order. We also feature a full service restaurant and bar, indoor swimming pool and fitness center. On Site Laundry is avaliable as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard Potomac Mills Woodbridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Potomac Mills Hotel Woodbridge
- Courtyard Hotel Woodbridge
- Marriott Woodbridge
- Courtyard Woodbridge
- Woodbridge Courtyard
- Woodbridge Marriott
- Courtyard Hotel Potomac Mills