“Not worth the Money”

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Woodbridge
Denver, Colorado
“Not worth the Money”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I arrived in the Afternoon. I had a reservation. I tipped the front desk and told them cleanliness was very important to me and that I needed to run a couple errands and would return to check in.

Room was dirty. Sheets were paper thin, bed cover had a small what looked like blood stain. It had been washed but since the bedspread is cheap it should not have been reused.

Bathroom had hair and sticky stuff on the counters.

Staff was friendly but does not make up for my tipping the front desk to check my room out before i check in and they ignoring me.So much for all the hype I have been hearing about tipping the front desk.

Was charged $3.95 for a small bag of candy. I expected $2.00 for a bag of candy that retails for 75 cents. Its the principle. No prices are posted for any of the front desk snack area so I can only imagine what some of the other things would have cost. Again, its not the money but the principle.

When I shared my displeasure with the hotel they emailed me a sorry you had a bad experience email. I replied back that it did not seem sincere. It almost seemed like the wording they email anytime a guest has a bad experience. They emailed back No really we are being sincere. Hello...I expect a call not an email considering the number of issues I took the time to detail out for you politely. I even said I wanted to give them a chance to respond without me just posting a bad review online.

All I wanted was a call to perosnally apologize for sticking me in a dirty room AFTER i took the time to tip the front desk to check the room for me. I also wanted a partial refund for a $4.00 charge on candy I bought at the front desk. The price was way over the cost of what you can get it for at a store.

This property is not owned by Marriott. Its a company that owns several properties all over the US. I will make sure to check their website in the future to see if any hotel I plan to stay at part of their properties. Lips service for a bad experience is worthless.

My complaints were legitimate. If you cant provide a clean room, whats the point. your a hotel. You have one job. Clean room at a fair price. Not that hard.

Room Tip: Good parking is limited, back area has parking but poor lighting and lots of coverage with shrubs an...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I have gone ahead and spoken with the proper individuals to resolve and fix these problems. Hopefully we can make it up to you the next time you are in the Woodbridge area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed in many Marriotts's and this one by far was not the greatest, I stayed in Rm 130 on Saturday, June 15th, when I arrived the check in process was ok, the girl at the front desk, decided she wanted to have a lengthy conversation with the folks in front of me, and I stood standing to be waited on while they chit chatted, that did not make me so happy as I was very tired and just wanted to go to my room. Then I get inside, the room was very nice, until I saw water damage in the ceiling of the room and then the next morning when I wake up I have bites all over me, my guest also had the same bites, that are still currently on my hand as I type this and also on my guest body, I don't know what was in that room but it needs to be sprayed or something. So I can't say that it was a pleasant stay because we didn't sleep well because we were being bitten, didnt realize it until the next morning when we woke up and by that time, it was time for us to leave. So I thought I would just tell my experience here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RAIOFSUNSHINE32
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 20, 2013

If you are someone who has taken Amtrak's Auto Train - and you live north of Washington, DC, you know how much of a hassle it is to drive through the DC area and hope that you are not caught in a traffic jam that could cause you to miss the train. I've done this several times in the past, but no more. This time we opted to stay at the Potomac Mills Courtyard the day before our train departed. What a smart move. Because this Marriot is just a few stops up I95, there were no concerns about missing the train. Overall, this is a typical Courtyard, meaning it was clean, had plenty of parking, and a very friendly staff. Aside from not being far from the Potomac Mills mall, you are right in the center of several shopping centers. Very convenient, Since we were meeting family for dinner, we didn't get the chance to have dinner there. But we did have breakfast. You have your choice of a buffet or a freshly cooked breakfast. If my future plans include another Auto Train trip, I would strongly consider staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Phillysub
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your kind review! We take pride in upholding our high service, breakfast, and cleanliness standards and are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We just spent one night here Easter weekend and were very satisfied. We were pleasantly greeted upon entering the building which was much needed after being stuck in traffic for 2 hours. Our room was spotless, comfortable and nicely decorated. Our girls (11 & 13) enjoyed the pool. The breakfast was good with more pleasant staff assisting us. We would definitely stay here again. Only 1.5 miles to Potomac mills mall.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your kind words and taking time to review our hotel! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our room was comfortable for your family. We take great pride in upholding high cleanliness and guest service expectations. We hope to see you and your family again!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Hard to believe this hotel is a Courtyard. It was much more along the lines of one of Marriotts lower end names like a Fairfield Inn.
No major complaints, just a little rough around the edges. The room was clean and comfortable but I would have rather payed a lower price at one of the nearby hotels and gotten an included breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank SeeTheWorldMama
Thank you for your feedback! We pride ourselves on our friendly guest service and our high standards of housekeeping. We hope to see you again if you travel back to the Woodbridge area!
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard for one night from 3/8/13 - 3/9/13. Overall it was a great stay. We wanted to stay close to the Potomac Mill outlet so we could head there early the next day. We are able to check-in early with no problem. The front desk agent was very friendly and helpful. I believe her name was Katie. She was able to give us a tourist map of D.C. and directions to the metro station. When we returned that night we got delivery menus and information was another rep who was also great. The room itself still smells new. It was very clean and a decent size. Per the other reviews I asked for a upper level room high floor. The location was very quiet and faced the Residence Inn. I was granted and even 3rd floor room and they were sold out that night. The room was a good size and included a coffee maker and refrigerator. The decor was nice and the beds were very comfortable. I had a few complaints the towels were small and cheap feeling. Also the shower wasn't very hot and the pressure was just okay. Parking was easy and plentiful. The hotel has a small store, restaurant, and bar but we didn't use any. Also the location was really good. There are tons of restaurants nearby and shopping centers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for the kind comments. I'm glad you got to enjoy our hotel and the Potomac Mills Outlet Mall. It's one of my favorite malls as well. Tons of great deals! I'll be sure to pass the kind comments along to Katie as well. Hope to have you back soon!

Richard
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We booked this hotel because the rates were better than other hotels nearby and it is located about 2 miles from the potomac mills mall. The staff was great!

The refrigerator in our room did not work at all.

We were disappointed because we were looking forward to using the spa and it was closed, permanently. This amentity should be removed from their website since it's no longer available.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback. I'll be sure to remove the hot tub from the tripadvisor website immediately. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have you back soon.

Richard