WINNER WONDERLAND

Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Lancaster, SC
“Good Food !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

This was my first visit to this Mexican restaurant as I was in town on business. As others have stated, this is a small place and doesn't look like a place I would stop for Mexican depending on the look of the exterior, but I was totally surprised when I walked in. I was quickly greeted by the hostess but I had to wait about 10 mins before a waiter showed to take my drink and food order. I will say they were quite busy and this was a small place. Chips were warm and crispy and the salsa was delicious !!! This restaurant had a lot more choices than your typical Mexican places and seemed to be more authentic hispanic.I ordered the "pick two" combo of a beef enchilada and a chile relleno with rice and beans. Food arrived pretty quick and was hot, fresh and tasted great. If the waiter had been more attentive, then I would have given this a 5 star rating. Again..I will say that it was very busy and my waiter was even running the register when I went to pay my bill.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank MikesTikibar

Northern Virginia
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Tonight was the third time we've eaten at El Paso this year. Service was a bit off tonight. The waiter who served us seemed to forget we were there once he took our order. We had to wave down a waitress to have our drinks replenished. My husband got the carnitas burrito. He will be having leftovers for lunch tomorrow. The waiter did have the queso put on the side and had the refried beans put in a separate plate, as requested. This is a good Mexican place and we will go back.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lesleymn
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great service, great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

El Paso delivers exactly what you want in a Mexican restaurant... great food, great service, great price. As with any good Mexican restaurant, El Paso provides a broad menu with so many directions to go based on your mood. Food is always fresh and always tastes good... and the service is excellent. We have been going to El Paso for a few years now and have noticed they have retained the core of their service staff for all those years. It is nice to go to a restaurant where the service staff recognizes you, is great with your kids, and also prepares something that is off the menu with no issues.

• Visited July 2012
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Delicious mexican food, awesome happy hour!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

My friends, husband and I LOVE this Mexican restaurant. On the outside, it is an unassuming little white building in a quiet shopping center. On the inside, it is bustling with patrons enjoying good food in a cozy atmosphere. The booths are a bit small, but the heart of this place is big.

We love to go here for a quick bite before a movie or to enjoy their cold beers and huge Cadillac margaritas. The service is fast and friendly, but this is not a "fast food" restaurant. It has the feeling of a family-run business with authentic mexican cuisine at an awesome value. We even sometimes get coupons in the mail.

The business here has picked up quite a bit, but the quality of service has not suffered. I would strongly recommend going here for dinner with the family, cold beers with the guys, or margaritas with the girls on a Friday night!

• Visited July 2012
Arlington, Virginia
“Authentic Mexican food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

If that's what you're looking for, this is the place. Items on their menu, you will not find at most other Mexican restaurants. Our friends are Mexican and swear by the food here.

Visited July 2011