“High Expectations”

Los Toltecos
Ranked #169 of 275 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tampa, Florida
“High Expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

I was very excited to see this restaurant come to the area. It looks very authentic and is in a good location. I was a little disappointed with the cuisine and haven't been back.

Visited August 2011

Woodbridge, Virginia
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

I had a "restaurant .com" coupon for a $25.00 discount on a check of $35.00 or more, so my wife and I decided to try Los Toltecos. As we walked up to the door we saw a notice that they would no longer accept the coupon after December 1st, 2011. Fortunately it was Nov 30, and they gladly accepted the coupon. Since most of their entrees are in the 10 to 14 dollar range I opted for a top shelf margarita and we got some queso for starters. The margarita was a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10. No crappy powder mix or watered down drink. Their bartender knows how to make a great drink!. I had a combination plate of enchiladas and chili reneo. It was excellent with high quality cheese and freshly made. My wife had the chicken fajitas. They were above average, not specatular, but better than your average corporate restaurant chain.

I complimented Noel the manager on the good food and fantastic margarita. Then asked why they stopped honoring the restaurant coupons.. He explained that too many people try to scam them. Some customers have come in and brought the coupon and ate the food then told the manager they didn't like the food. The management wants to make them happy and comps all or part of the meal (even after they ate it all), but then the customer insists on retaining the certificate for the discount so they can use it again.

This type of behavior cause the business to sour on the idea of honoring such a discount and ruins it for everyone. So if you are one of the folks doing this...."Stop It"... You are being a jerk and hurting a good business that provides quality food.

I'll be back whether they honor the coupon or not.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank ejmonahan
Lake Ridge, Virginia
“What a nice surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

We didn't want to wait 30 minutes for a table at a nearby steak restaurant so on our way out of the parking lot, we thought "let's try that "new" Mexican restaruant" ~ "new" what, 2 years ago, maybe!? =) Anyway ~ we were quite surprised! the food was delicious, the service friendly and fast. There is a bar at the back that was well attended, but the front was all families. Try it ~ you won't be disappointed!

• Visited October 2011