“Worth the stop!”

Jangko Sushi and Teriyaki
Ranked #204 of 281 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

At first entry I was not impressed. But stay and love! Green tea, nice. Sushi was unusual but very tasty. Appetizer and dessert on the house, lovely help and customers too.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

We were headed home from the outlet mall. The grandkids were hungry and my son-in-law wanted sushi. We stopped at this little restaurant in a non-descript stripmall, we found on our smartphone app. It was not a very big place and decorated with an eclectic asian decor. The food however was fantastic! The adults ordered the bento boxes for lunch. The kids had teriyaki plates. We were served korean kimchi for starters, very flavorful and not too hot. The salad was served family style with a fantastic sesame dressing, even my 11 year old grandson who abhors greens, asked for seconds. Our bento boxes were so good!!! My daughter and I had the chicken skewers, my son-in-law the shrimp skewer, all of us the shrimp & veggie tempura, california rolls, dumplings and rice. Everything was great!! My grandkids teriyaki chicken was very good, even the little 2 year old ate it. After we were all stuffed, we were given a small piece of tiramisu for dessert (free). We were very pleased with all the food, it was wonderful and felt like a very family friendly restaurant.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

This place is great! Very quiet atmosphere and great customer service. The price is good for what you get, it's not the cheapest sushi place but also the quality is better than the cheaper places, so it is expected that it will be a bit more. Their platter/boxes of tempura and sushi are an amazing deal. We found the place by chance and because of the location you would never know it's there, but I am glad we walked in and tried it out since we have been going back since.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I LOVE this place. It may not look like much from the outside (or the inside for that matter) but it's the only place in Woodbridge I make a habit of visiting. If I would return for one reason it would be the fantastic service I receive. The two Asian women that work there (one younger and one older women who always dons a frilly kitty cat apron) are some of the nicest people you will meet and greet you enthusiastically every time; each with huge smiles on their faces. The sushi is delicious and the first time I went there I was pleasantly surprised by a plate of complimentary tiramisu at the end of my meal, which is one of their signature traditions. Every once in a while they will throw in free sushi with a larger order.

Don't get the fried sushi unless you are ready for some junk food though, they aren't kidding when they say they are deep fried! This small menu might as well be re-named "sushi nuggets". They are still good and you have to try them at least once.

They are soon adding a small kareoke bar which I will be visiting quite frequently!

Reviewed February 10, 2012

Looks like a dive, but the food was great for the price.