WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge

Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Woodbridge
King George Virginia
“All good here. No worries. I would stay again.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed for a company party nearby. Great service, not a bad area, kind of by itself but near lots of restaurants. No surprises. King Suite, clean, lots of coffee. Only stayed one night. I did not wake up in time for breakfast so can't comment but the coffee was still fresh at 11:30. The manager who checked us in was very helpful and friendly. I have no idea why others did not care for this hotel. Also they gave us a great group rate for our party guests. Carts were right at the door for carrying up luggage which I like. Drive-up, drop off and check in took less than 5 minutes.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hampton Inn W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members.

Ahmad Erbinieh
General Manager, Hampton Inn Woodbridge, VA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Menifee, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I would reccommend this hotel to everyone. The staff is amazing and very knowledgeable about the area. I even got lost in D.C. and I called the hotel and one of the workers named Ben guided us back to the hotel. All of the staff members from the front desk to the house keeping was wonderful. Ben, Rick, Elwin, and Nicole. The room was clean. You get a free breakfast. I would reccommend that you go to Wegmans and Potomac Mall which is approximately 10 to 15 min or less from the hotel to eat and shop. Wegmans is a huge grocery store with amazing food of all kinds. I really enjoyed our stay here at Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge. Everything (D.C. and Waterfront) was approximately 30 min. from the hotel. I never give a review but my family and I really enjoyed ourselves.

Room Tip: kids activities and room service was not needed so I could not give a rating.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carole D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
I appreciate your wonderful comments and sharing your experience during your stay here at the Hampton Inn woodbridge, VA. I take pride with our high accomodation and friendly service at this hotel and thank you so much for staying at our property !! Carole Downs, General Manager
The 4 Seasons
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed here Summer 2012...From day 1 the fridge and phone did not work. Were told the refrigerator would be fixed..7 days later at checkout it still did not work. Had to use ice in coolers the whole time, what a headache. NO WHERE on the phone was there any button for front desk, husband did not believe me until he looked, couldn't believe it either. Had to use cell phone to call the hotel and tell them I was a guest there. They then told me to dial "9" for front desk, which did not work. We could not even get a line out for local calls. Were told the phone would be fixed the next morning...never was. Our belongings all felt "damp" while there (kid's boxed candy would be stuck together by morning--every time), we killed a HUGE spider in the bathroom, a smaller one in our bed, and another bug in the bathroom. My little boy came yelling saying he saw a snake in the parking lot when we were unloading our shopping bags one evening. Hubby went to check it out and sure enough, it was a small copperhead. The floor in the bathroom is so dangerous when wet, I almost fell one day so after that began wearing flip flops whenever getting out of the shower. The bed was horrible, felt so "used" and worn, no support whatsoever, and the pillows were in bad need of being replaced, or upgraded. The business "center" is a joke. It is not a center at all, nor even a room by itself, but actually part of the dining room. The desk looks like an old bureau with many pull-out drawers. It is in the dining area so everyone that comes or goes to/from their room walks right by you, it can be hard to focus on what you are doing when conversations are all about you. People come to sit at the tables and talk, etc.. and there is no "quiet place" or privacy whatsoever. The computer "desk" does not even have an opening for you to place your legs in while sitting in front of the computer, so you have to sit with your legs off to the side of the chair. Very awkward. The room felt damp and kind of dingy. The kleenex box cover felt yucky, cracks in the ceiling, trim is in need of repair, there is not even a towel bar at the bathroom sink. Not a requirement, but would have been really nice. The a/c rattled the whole time. Our problems with the refrigerator and phone went unchanged, we never reported any other of our concerns, it probably would not have been addressed either. We love Hampton Inn, have always enjoyed nice, clean, attractive hotels but this is by far the worst one ever. I guess it has lots of guests because of it's location, that's exactly why we searched it out. It can't be from repeat customers! We are actually very easy-to-please people, it doesn't take much for us to be comfortable and content. Honestly I don't think I have ever written a bad hotel review, until now. This was such a horrible experience, if we had not prepaid we would have left early and went somewhere else for the rest of our stay. We will never stay at this hotel again--Ever! How on earth does this place earn the Hampton name? Well below what we expect from such a quality brand.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Luv-N-Life-11
Thank you for staying at our hotel. I would like to personally apologize for the issues you had during your stay here. I have read your comments thoroughly and please rest assured I wll address these issues so that others will not be disappointed as you were. Again, my humble apologies. Carole Downs, General Manager
woodbridge
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

so i stayed there this past weekend in December 2012 - as a gold member, I was updgraded to a king suite - which was nice, but that was the last and only good part of the visit.

the service at the front desk was awful on saturday night when I checked in - the lady was uninterested in showing basic politeness. no smile, no thanks for choosing us, etc - also, she failed to deliver my normal gold amenity of bottled water/snack.

the room itself was huge as its the king suite, open floor plan, plenty of room, etc - the bathrub didn't drain well though which is why i guess they left the drain stopper outside the bathrub floor and on one of the sides.

fast forward to check out - same lady and I guess she didn't sleep well - cause she was still grouchy. when i left the room and went to checkout I realized i forgot a piece of paper I needed, so i went back and tried both keys repeatedy and neither worked, so after I checked out I told the lady and she asked 'what did you forget?' - what business of hers is what i forgot? she finally gave me a replacement key but that too didnt't work, so I never got my papers back.

not only would i not stay there again, i wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank duke147
Carole D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
First of all, I thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn-Woodbridge, VA on Dec 8th. I have read your comments regarding one of my Guest Service Agents and I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you had during your stay here. I take pride with the service we deliver at the Hampton and I am so sorry it was not the case during your stay here. Please rest assured I will seriously look into this matter so that other guests will not be disappointed as you were. Sincerely, Carole Isaac-Downs, General Manager
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a very solid 2 1/2 Hampton Inn. Room was very clean, and while it may be basic, it had a fridge/microwave, a sofa and chair, and a classic very comfortable Hampton Inn bed. The decor in the room might be considered dated, but it was very clean and comfortable.

The staff was friendly, and breakfast was good. Internet access was decent for a hotel of this size.

Some reviewers have mentioned issues with the location of this hotel. I'll echo these - It is NOT located anywhere near Potomac Mills mall, and it shouldn't use that in its title. For those of you familiar with the area, this is a solid Woodbridge hotel, nestled between 95 and Route 1 off of exit 160. The area around Route 1 is very questionable these days, so don't plan on going anywhere close for eating/shopping. Plan on hopping on 95-South for one exit until you get to Prince William County Parkway, where you will find the rest of the hotels, shopping, and a plethora of restaurants. That being said, the hotel itself is located off the main drag on a small access road. At no point did I feel unsafe in the area. If I got a good value, I would come back, but there are other comparable 2 1/2 star - 3 star hotels on the parkway that are much better suited for travelers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank NotSharkBait
Hampton Inn W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel. While we are happy to hear that we provided the necessities, I would like to apologize that our location didn't meet your needs. I hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.

Ahmad Erbinieh
General Manager, Hampton Inn Woodbridge/Potomac Mills
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

While eating a delicious, healthy breakfast, we were graciously greeted by the manager, Carol isaacs-Downs. She not only remembered us from previous visits, but reinforced the feeling of being in a caring environment and offered personal assistance. The ambiance of the lobby area is warm and most inviting, and as one proceeds toward the exit, the basket of beautiful red apples against the paneled wall beckons the guest to "have one, enjoy your day and hurry back".

Bill and Virginia Edmonds
Gainesville, GA

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carole D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Mr. Edmonds. It was such a sheer pleasure to meet you and your wife here last week at the Hampton Inn-Woodbridge, VA. I thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for the wonderful comments about writing a review about our hotel. I enjoyed talking to you and I look forward to your next visit here. And as always, "We Love Having You Here' at the Hampton Inn-Woodbridge! Carole Isaac-Downs, General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

This was our first trip with our infant daughter. The staff were extremely helpful. Nicole and Ben were there for our every need as the front desk clerks. Marisol, the breakfast room attendant, went above and beyond all imagined service. She cared for us and specifically my daughter like we were her own family. I cannot say enough how much Marisol helped me and made my stay comfortable. Because of Marisol's help and attitude I will always look to the Hampton Inn as a quality option when traveling.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carole D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
I want to thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn-Woodbridge, VA as your "choice" hotel for the first time! I am delighted that your enjoyed your stay here and sharing your experience at the same time. Please rest assured I will pass this message to Nicole, Ben and Marisol and at the same time, congratulate them for a job well done in taking care of your needs. We do hope to see you again at the Hampton Inn-Woodbridge, VA!!!! Carole Isaac-Downs, General Manager