“could have been good, but the service was awful”

Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Woodbridge
Reviewed December 10, 2012

so i stayed there this past weekend in December 2012 - as a gold member, I was updgraded to a king suite - which was nice, but that was the last and only good part of the visit.

the service at the front desk was awful on saturday night when I checked in - the lady was uninterested in showing basic politeness. no smile, no thanks for choosing us, etc - also, she failed to deliver my normal gold amenity of bottled water/snack.

the room itself was huge as its the king suite, open floor plan, plenty of room, etc - the bathrub didn't drain well though which is why i guess they left the drain stopper outside the bathrub floor and on one of the sides.

fast forward to check out - same lady and I guess she didn't sleep well - cause she was still grouchy. when i left the room and went to checkout I realized i forgot a piece of paper I needed, so i went back and tried both keys repeatedy and neither worked, so after I checked out I told the lady and she asked 'what did you forget?' - what business of hers is what i forgot? she finally gave me a replacement key but that too didnt't work, so I never got my papers back.

not only would i not stay there again, i wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank duke147
Carole D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

First of all, I thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn-Woodbridge, VA on Dec 8th. I have read your comments regarding one of my Guest Service Agents and I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you had during your stay here. I take pride with the service we deliver at the Hampton and I am so sorry it was not the case during your stay here. Please rest assured I will seriously look into this matter so that other guests will not be disappointed as you were. Sincerely, Carole Isaac-Downs, General Manager

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a very solid 2 1/2 Hampton Inn. Room was very clean, and while it may be basic, it had a fridge/microwave, a sofa and chair, and a classic very comfortable Hampton Inn bed. The decor in the room might be considered dated, but it was very clean and comfortable.

The staff was friendly, and breakfast was good. Internet access was decent for a hotel of this size.

Some reviewers have mentioned issues with the location of this hotel. I'll echo these - It is NOT located anywhere near Potomac Mills mall, and it shouldn't use that in its title. For those of you familiar with the area, this is a solid Woodbridge hotel, nestled between 95 and Route 1 off of exit 160. The area around Route 1 is very questionable these days, so don't plan on going anywhere close for eating/shopping. Plan on hopping on 95-South for one exit until you get to Prince William County Parkway, where you will find the rest of the hotels, shopping, and a plethora of restaurants. That being said, the hotel itself is located off the main drag on a small access road. At no point did I feel unsafe in the area. If I got a good value, I would come back, but there are other comparable 2 1/2 star - 3 star hotels on the parkway that are much better suited for travelers.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank NotSharkBait
Hampton Inn W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel. While we are happy to hear that we provided the necessities, I would like to apologize that our location didn't meet your needs. I hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.

Ahmad Erbinieh
General Manager, Hampton Inn Woodbridge/Potomac Mills

Reviewed November 9, 2012

While eating a delicious, healthy breakfast, we were graciously greeted by the manager, Carol isaacs-Downs. She not only remembered us from previous visits, but reinforced the feeling of being in a caring environment and offered personal assistance. The ambiance of the lobby area is warm and most inviting, and as one proceeds toward the exit, the basket of beautiful red apples against the paneled wall beckons the guest to "have one, enjoy your day and hurry back".

Bill and Virginia Edmonds
Gainesville, GA

• Stayed: November 2012
Carole D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear Mr. Edmonds. It was such a sheer pleasure to meet you and your wife here last week at the Hampton Inn-Woodbridge, VA. I thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for the wonderful comments about writing a review about our hotel. I enjoyed talking to you and I look forward to your next visit here. And as always, "We Love Having You Here' at the Hampton Inn-Woodbridge! Carole Isaac-Downs, General Manager

Reviewed November 9, 2012

This was our first trip with our infant daughter. The staff were extremely helpful. Nicole and Ben were there for our every need as the front desk clerks. Marisol, the breakfast room attendant, went above and beyond all imagined service. She cared for us and specifically my daughter like we were her own family. I cannot say enough how much Marisol helped me and made my stay comfortable. Because of Marisol's help and attitude I will always look to the Hampton Inn as a quality option when traveling.

• Stayed: November 2012
Carole D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

I want to thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn-Woodbridge, VA as your "choice" hotel for the first time! I am delighted that your enjoyed your stay here and sharing your experience at the same time. Please rest assured I will pass this message to Nicole, Ben and Marisol and at the same time, congratulate them for a job well done in taking care of your needs. We do hope to see you again at the Hampton Inn-Woodbridge, VA!!!! Carole Isaac-Downs, General Manager

Reviewed November 7, 2012

The personel was really nice. Courtagues and service minded. The location is nice close to Potomac mills, rooms were nice and clean. Good stay!
The breakfast was well prepared and there was a good choice. Especially the waitress Marisol was excellent.

• Stayed: November 2012
Carole D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

First of all thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn-Woodbridge, VA. I appreciate your wonderful feedback regarding our complimentary breakfast and mentioning the great service Marisol provided to you during your stay here. We take pride with our accomodation and friendly service and I am so happy you have experienced this during your stay here. Hope to see you again here at the Hampton Inn-Woodbridge Va! Carole Isaac-Downs, General Manager

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Nice, standard, reliable rooms is what you can expect. Free internet, good hot breakfast in the morning included in price (or free- you could call it), free coffee and decaf in your room make this Hampton Inn consumer friendly. On top of it a very convenient location with easy on/easy off the I-95 highway. The staff is friendly and actively tries to be helpful. The swimming pool is ready to accommodate handicapped patients. Good place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Carole D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn-Woodbridge, VA. I appreciate very much your quick review regarding your stay and sharing it at the same time. If there is anything that I could do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to let me know. Hope to see you again soon. Sincerely, Carole Isaac-Downs, General Manager

Reviewed October 31, 2012

The Front desk staff Rick and Nicole and all of the others that work the front desk are wonderful and very helpful, also the Breakfast by Marcia is great also. Carole alway is there and is the best GM. I have been coming to this hotel for 8 years plus and it is a wonderful place to stay.. just like home. Highly recommend this hotel

Mike H

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Carole D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Hello Mike - Once again, thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn-Woodbridge VA. I take pride with our high accomodation and friendly service at our hotel. I am so delighted that you always experience this during your stays here. Thank you as well for writing about your experience and please rest assured we will do the best we can to always exceed your expectations. And please do not forget "We Always Love Having You Here" at the Hampton Inn-Woodbridge, VA. See you soon.
Carole Isaac-Downs, General Manager