“Excellent Customer Service”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Woodbridge
pacific palisades, ca
“Excellent Customer Service”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stopped unexpectedly in Woodbridge, from Monticello on our way to Alexandria, after a long day visiting Thomas Jefferson's home and several hours on the road we were exhausted. We walked into the lobby late in the evening without reservations and meet Marcia who was probably the most friendly night manager I have ever encountered. She was able to accommodate our room request and did not price gouge on our last minute booking. The hotel is pretty standard Hampton inn quality from rooms to their typical breakfast. But, again the exceptional customer service made it a delight to stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Carole D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Woodbridge, VA. I take pride with our high accomodation and professional and friendly service at our hotel and I am so glad you have experienced this during your stay here. We hope to see you again at the Hampton Inn-Woodbridge, VA! Carole Isaac-Downs, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed here recently with a family group. We were impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel, the comfort of the rooms and the expansive breakfast buffet, but the thing that impressed us most was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. In particular, we thought that Marcia at the front desk and Marisol performed their jobs with enthusiasm and professionalism.

One minor complaint: the hotel really could improve its signs. It's in a very odd location, which is visible from 95, but to get there you have to go down Annapolis Way and do a U-turn in front of the commuter lot. I'm sure most people have SatNav these days, but we didn't, so it made it tricky for us initially.

However, despite that minor complaint, I would recommend this hotel to people who want to stay in the area. It is very convenient to Mount Vernon and I-95.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stay almost exclusively at Hilton properties and this has been one of the few times I have been disappointed. I've stayed here on several occasions and the service this time has really degraded from previous visits. I'm used to being greeted as a return guest, but not this time. I'm used to having my newspaper left at the door in the mornings, but not this visit. Even though this entire hotel is a non-smoking hotel, the room had a distinctive stale smoke smell. The air conditioner worked well and was quiet, but the work desk was situated so that when the unit turned on it was too cold to sit at the desk. I stayed here for 7 days, so this wasn't a situation of the hotel having a bad day, they had an entire bad week. I doubt I will stay again. It's a shame since I travel to the area several times a year.

Room Tip: I believe the 4th floor rooms used to be the smoking rooms from previous stays. I was placed in one...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Carole D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn-Woodbridge VA. I also received your survey and appreciate your comments and concerns regarding your stay here. Please accept my apologies for the issues you had here during your stay. And rest assured I will personally check into all the issues you had mention so that other guests will not be disappointed as you were. Again, I am so sorry and if there is anything that I could do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me. Carole Isaac-Downs, General Manager.
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here only for one night as we traveled up the east coast, but I'm glad this is where we stopped! We checked-in after 9pm and they gave us a great discounted price. The gentleman at the front desk was very nice and accommodating. The hotel and the room was clean and comfortable. The area was quiet. Breakfast was included which was nice because we wanted to wake up, eat and get back on the road. We didn't have to stop somewhere else to eat.
Washington D.C. is only about 15 minutes away so this would be a great place to stay if you're visiting the area without paying city prices.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Woodbridge, VA. At the same time, I appreciate your wonderful comments regarding our staff , cleanliness of our guestrooms and our breakfast. As always, we would love to see you back here at the Hampton Inn Woodbridge, VA. Carole Isaac Downs, General Manager
USA
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed here after touring Annapolis during the day and on our way to Richmond. We stayed here purposely to catch a Potomac Nationals game which was about 20 minutes away. We realized later that there were hotels/motels that were closer to the ballpark.

Very strange entrance takes you down what seems a vacant road (towards park-n-ride) then you have to make what is basically an illegal u-turn to get to the property.

Room was nice and clean. Breakfast was available. A form of scrambled eggs was available (they were possibly prepackaged then microwaved). Cut-up sausage was delicious. Waffles were make them yourself and were kind of rubbery...batter needed some flour/baking soda. Hispanic woman in the breakfast area was really diligent in her work, keeping food well stocked and tables cleaned...we gave her a couple of bucks...she was a real professional...nice to see a person take pride in their work.

USAToday available. Plenty of TV stations available.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cdrake3460
Carole D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn-Woodbridge, VA. At the same time, I wanted to thank you as well for sharing your experience and complimenting our breakfast hostess for doing a wonderful job. I have read thoroughly your comments regarding our breakfast items and please rest assured I will personally look into this. Again, I appreciate your comments and suggestions. And as always, We Love Having You Here at the Hampton! Carole Downs, General Manager.
Lancaster, New York
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed here during a trip to washington d c. Although approx 15 miles away I feel it was well worth the few extra minutes of travel time. Not only could you catch Mt Vernon on the way there, there were also other civil war sites close by. The breakfast was also a big plus. Rooms were clean and the staff ( all of them) were very nice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Carole D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
I just wanted to thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn Woodbridge, VA. I also wanted to thank you as well for sharing your experience with us and I am so thrilled that you had a wonderful stay here. If there is anything I could do for you in the future, please do not ever hesitate to let me know. As always, We Love Having You Here at the Woodbridge Hampton Inn, Carole Downs, General Manager
Selah, Washington
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This is a good place to stay if you do not want to pay the hotel prices common to the center of Washington D.C. The place is older, but well maintained. The crew is very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the corner rooms. They are bigger and even have a small kitchen area.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn-Woodbridge, VA. I am so glad that you had a wonderful stay here and thank you for sharing your experience. If there is anything else I could do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to let me know. Remember We Love Having You Here at the Hampton Inn-Woodbridge! Carole Downs, General Manager