All reviews potomac mills pool and hot tub complimentary breakfast the breakfast area large group i highly recommend this hotel short drive dc area convenient location clean rooms waffles fitness center staff was friendly great place to stay pleasant stay sausage inns
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Our child's Crew team stayed here. They set up breakfast early for us since we had an early start to the race. Nice linens.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed April 6, 2011

We arrived early in the morning hours. Check in was fine. We get to the room where I notice the comforter is lumpy and the bed felt worn out / old. But I was tired so got ready for bed. No big deal until my roommate runs out of the bathroom b/c the toilet over flowed. No real reason for it either. We called the front desk and were delivered a plunger and old towels. Seriously that's nasty.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank GeorgiaStarry
Reviewed December 17, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with a group of folks that I was driving. Hotel was nice about letting me check in before I went to get my group from Dulles Airport. Hotel is located next to an on ramp to 95 north and close to a commuter parking lot and a half occupied shopping center that does not have a restaurant in walking distance. This hotel is ideal for folks with cars only. Also when you see the hotel you cannot turn left onto property due to a median in the road which I find 100% absurd. If you drive a large 57 passenger motor coach, you must go into the commuter parking lot to make a U turn. If you are in a car it's alot easier to u turn at bottom of the hill.
Next morning my bus went out of commission and found myself relying on recommended restaurants that delivered. They will only deliver if you order $10 minimum at an Italian restaurant or $12 minimum for Chinese take out delivery. The Italian place will deliver beer. The nice thing about this hotel is that there is an indoor pool there with a hot tub which out of service during my stay. Would have liked that during the frigid cold days there.
Exercise room is ok if you only use a treadmill, bike and stair climber. No weight machine there, bummer. The climate control for that room was not working so they had to use a box fan to push the air around. Carol The GM was very nice and helpful to me and was overseeing rooms getting a new TV cabinet that will house a flat panel, fridge and microwave.
Overall not a bad place to stay if you get tired of being on I-95. Great Breakfast buffet!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2010

December 31st was our first anniversary and oh what a night! After having dinner out in Occoquan at one of our faves (Madigan's) which was a whole other experience entirely, we made our way to the Hampton Inn to drop our overnight bags at around 6:30 and get a cab back to the restaurant for the dancing and fun until midnight.

Figuring that it would be easier than going home we checked in and realized that all of Australia was boarding at our hotel. Apparently, there was a basketball tournament in Washington and they were here for it...All, goodness knows how many high school girls. Giggling and running from floor to floor. My hubby and I dropped our bags in our room at about 6:30, called a cab, and left for Madigan's again.

We returned to the Hampton at about 12:30 AM, exhausted and ready for bed. The room was fairly quiet, considering the other guests were all still up and toasting in the lobby. We changed and settled into the room. My husband got into bed. As I went to lean over to give him a kiss I noticed that there was something on the sheets next to his leg. Something brown, really, dark brown and streaky. I leaned down. Chocolate was what it seemed like, but the sheets appeared clean and we didn't have any food with us. My Hubby got up and I called the Front desk.

I was greeted by an Australian accent telling me that due to the holiday, there was no maid service to change the sheets. When I requested to speak to the Manager, I was told that he wasn't available (he was on another floor) and that he would call me back. In the meantime, new sheets would be brought to me.

This is when it got good. A guest!!!! brought me sheets. They were definitely clean. In the package, and Queen sized. We had a King-Sized bed. At that point I had had all I could handle. I turned around and my Hubby and I decided to pack and leave. I called the front desk again and was told that the manager had not returned, but would call me back, which he did within minutes. I explained that we were leaving and would be down shortly.

It was 2 AM.

When we headed to the desk the Manager, and an older woman (Australian) were there. When we explained the situation in a bit more detail, the woman looked at my Husband and asked, "What time did you say you checked in?" When my Husband told her that we checked in at 6:30PM her reply to that was "Well, the room was satisfactory then wasn't it?"

My Husband remained calm while he explained that we only dropped our bags, called a cab and left. We didn't get into bed at 6:30.... We were being treated as though this were our fault.

Following this, my Husband had to call the hotel several times to get the charge takedn off of his card, even though we were assured that it would be the next morning.

I'm sure that the hotel isn't that bad when it's not over run with tourists. I would recommend it otherwise.... But I thought that the situation was handled poorly.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gfglittergirl
Reviewed January 12, 2009

Hotel itself was just fine. Nice staff, both at the front desk and for the morning breakfast. Accommodations were standard and clean. I used the pool to do a few lap swims and, while it wasn't very big, it was at least heated and also clean.

My only problem with this hotel was its location. The only benefit was a very close proximity to I-95 and Route 1. Otherwise, the hotel was in a run-down part of Woodbridge--think abandoned strip malls. Since there was no restaurant on site, I was forced to venture outwards. Fortunately, the front desk staff will provide you with numerous delivery menus for local restaurants so you don't have to drive around aimlessly.

Again, the hotel itself is just fine and will do in a pinch. That said, next time I'll probably stay somewhere else in a more friendly neighborhood.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank IrishGal21