“Incrediable guest service”

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Woodbridge
Vero Beach, Florida
“Incrediable guest service”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Our family recently stayed here for our younger brother's retirement ceremony at Fort Belvoir. The entire hotel staff from the front desk to the house keeping staff were always smiling and happy to be of service. Evelyn at the front desk is a most amazing host not only to us but from what I observed, to all she encounters. I do a lot of travel and have stayed here before with excellent service. This personal stay was even better for all of our family members.

The hotel is clean and kept up well. Only comment is there needs to be a towel bar in the shower area ... other than that it works very well for business and personal stays. I highly recommend this place.
Keep up the good work Marby and staff!

Room Tip: Upper floor and to the back is very quiet. They do have garage parking too with a secure elevator ri...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Mlaluces, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you. We are all so happy that we made your stay an enjoyable one. We greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with millions of tripadvisor supporter. We are so glad you were here. Please do not hesitate to call us direct if you ever come back in the area....Thank you once more

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Room was excellent - much larger than typical at this price. Indoor pool was small, undersized and overcrowded. Desk staff had only one person on at a busy time of day - late afternoon. He was very pleasant and helpful but too much work for one person. Complimentary breakfast better than average.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mlaluces, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write and shared with what you have experience while your here at the Hotel. I apologize for the size of our pool. Hope you come back and see us again in your future visit
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My family and I were visiting Washington DC and would have liked to have been closer to the city but chose this hotel due to the complimentary breakfast and pool. Sadly, we had to eat elsewhere for breakfast both mornings and couldn't use the pool.

Both mornings there was hardly anything available to eat and absolutely nothing to drink. It wasn't even that the quality was bad it was the fact that there wasn't anything available (with the exception of a few bagels) and the eating/serving area was very dirty. The juice machine was out of order, there was no milk, cereal or fruit, and the coffee/tea area was empty. As a mother of a toddler milk is essential and sadly I was forced to go off property to buy milk. We waited 30 minutes in the breakfast area hoping for it to be replenished but never saw a staff member. Both mornings we arrived around 8am so it wasn't as if we were arriving towards the end of breakfast. The lucky few who did get to take advantage of breakfast had to leave their trash on the tables since the garbage was over flowing. We went to the front desk 3 times during our 2 day visit and had to wait at least 15 minutes for someone to show up.

Another reason we chose this location was for the pool. We have 3 children so a pool is essential when on vacation. As we walked into the pool area we noticed how dark the water was but it wasn't until we got into the water that we realized how dirty it was. I have never been in a pool where I couldn't see my feet. We immediately took our children out and had to deal with 3 very sad children for the next 2 days because they were told we were going to a hotel with a pool.

Lastly, I had gone to the front desk in the middle of the night to request a blanket and was told by the staff member that he didn't think they had anymore. I asked him if he could check and when he returned with a blanket I was told it was the very last blanket and that I was very lucky to have gotten one.

I have never experienced anything like this before when staying at a Marriott. If we would have known that there wouldn't have been a breakfast or a clean pool we would have stayed at another hotel closer to the city that would have been much more convenient for my family.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jillian C
Mlaluces, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
There were nothing to say more but we were sorry and we hope you can forgive us for our mess in the breakfast area this past weekend. I usually had 2 people working but the other person called out. This is not an excuse from our part but please give us one more chance to prove that we can make things right. Please do not think we are doing such thing overall. Give us one more chance; please call me direct for your next visit in woodbridge VA.
Charleston
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Location, location, location. This hotel is walking distance to at least three restaurants and a short drive to many more. Just minutes from immense shopping opportunities and quick access to major roadways.

The staff at this property were average, friendly but not overly helpful. The breakfast area attendant was not welcoming and seemed to be annoyed that people were there. Please note that the breakfast leaves much to be desired and was not stocked very well when I visited. However, if you plan to grab-n-go there were a few options for that.

My room was great, very quiet and well appointed. There was a sitting area separated by a frosted glass wall that the desk faced. The bathrooms were simple yet nicely done. This appears to be a newer property and as such all the furnishings were comfortable and in great shape.

I would stay at this property again due to the location and nice room. However, in the future I will try to minimize my staff interactions and find breakfast elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway. Please note that my room faced the highway and the noise was...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking your time to write and share your experience to millions of people reading tripadvisor. We do apologize that we missed something. please do not think we are doing such thing overall. Please contact me directly on your next visit.
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

It was a clean hotel. Nothing exciting. The breakfast was ok. The eggs are fake, avoid them. They show pictures of hot waffles and other delicious breakfast items in the elevator. False advertising. Sleep in and go for a nice lunch somewhere else!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Heatha1177
Mlaluces, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
I would like to first apologize for our breakfast menu. Please do not think we are doing such thing overall. Give us one more chance to prove that we can make it correct. Please do not hesitate to call me direct if ever your in the neighborhood.
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night when moving from the area. I must say we were pleasantly surprised with the room size. I liked that the bathroom and the showers were separate. Although I didn't like not being able to lock the doors. The hallways were very hot and I think they should run the Ac. Overall I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for taking your time to write and shared to millions of tripadvisor follower about your experience while you were at the property. This message will be shared to our staff meeting and will congratulate the staff for making guest service a good one.
NY
Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is a very new property. It is immaculate and the rooms are large. The breakfast is adequate. The doors to the bathroom (separate from the shower) and the shower room are milky glass so the light comes into the rooms if someone uses the bathroom in the middle of the night. The towels were a bit skimpy and there were no towel racks in the bathrooms. For our one night there, it was fine, extremely moderately priced. I would not rule it out for a one night stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mlaluces, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write your comment about your experience in our facility. It sounded like you were not a big fan of separation bathroom and toilet. We do apologize for that layout, I have heard people really likes them so that they can use others when the other room are being used. But never the less we have our own different likes and dislikes. I do completely understand where you are coming from. Just an information for your future visit any where in the united state that not all Springhill suites by Marriott were the same layout or style as ours.