WINNER WONDERLAND

SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Woodbridge
“A Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

This SpringHill building is nestled off to one side, after you pass two other larger, more impressive-looking Marriott hotels on the same property. My heart sank. This building was rather plain. Even the lobby was confusing, with hanging curtains to wall off seating areas, etc. But, the woman working at the desk on Christmas Day was as pleasant as could be. And lo! and behold! our room was delightful. Nice design of the space, with everything one could possibly need. The two sliding doors with opaque glass for the bathrooms was almost luxurious. Toilet with small sink in its own room. Another room had sink and bath tub/shower. The small goose-neck reading lights were a real treat, attached to the headboard on either side of the bed. Of course, we were too tired to read, but what a nice touch! Lots of nice touches like that in this room. Quiet, though hotel was nearly full, as evidenced by breakfast the next morning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Krista N, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
We are delighted that you were 'pleasantly surprised'. We are very proud of our suites and the space they provide for our guests. We are happy you spent the holidays with us! I will pass along your kind words to our desk clerk that was working Christmas day. Please come back and see us soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

The room was modern and soothing. Cool decor. Shower and toilet in separate rooms. The breakfast area in the Lobby was spacious. The bed was super comfortable. They had two waffle machines, fresh fruit, yogurt, danishes, cereals. Deborah in the breakfast area was amazing! -- she befriended everyone from kids to grandparents and was the perfect hostess while keeping the buffet replenished.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for reviewing the Springhill Suites! I am happy to hear we provided you with a wonderful stay. I will pass along your nice words regarding Deborah. Please come back and see us should your travels lead you our way.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

Deborah was very friendly close to the clean breakfast bar and Evelyn was very helpful and efficient at the front desk during check in. The hotel was clean and quiet and conveniently located. All of the staff were professional and courteous.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing a review. I am happy to hear that the staff at Springhill Suites provided you with exceptional customer service. We like our guests to be treated like family and it appears that the staff did just that. I will pass along your kudos to Deborah and Evelyn and the rest of the staff. Please stop in again should you be in Woodbridge.
Winton, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

Stayed two nights at this hotel earlier this month to do some Christmas shopping with my Mom. I am a retired Hilton brand DOS and have to say this is one of the best hotel stays I have had in over 25 years of the hotel business, both personal and business relates. Mohammed (hopefully this is the correct spelling) was working the front desk when we arrived, as well as the following evening, and he was one of the best FD staff I've had the pleasure meeting. He was nice, used my name, explained the hotel's amenities and carried on a conversation with us during the process. The following evening when we arrived back to the hotel, after shopping all day, Mohammed remembered my name, addressed me and asked how our day was and if we needed anything. The rooms were very clean and very nice, the housekeeper on our floor was friendly and the breakfast had a nice variety and was keep clean. Kudos to the staff and management of this hotel. I will recommend this hotel as well as plan on staying there again the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PotomacMillsSHS, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
I am so happy to know you feel we are one of the best as that is what we strive to be. I am also pleased that Mohammed provided the exceptional customer service all our guests should expect from us! I will pass along your kind words to him. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I travel to Quantico, VA regularly for work and enjoy staying in Woodbridge since I'll travel opposite of the heavy traffic. I found Springhill Suites during my last trip in June and will always return to it for my future trips. It's located near a great shopping area, variety of restaurants, and easy access to I-95.
The rooms are spacious and very clean. The desk area is great for catching up on work and emails in the evening. The free laundry room is very convenient for my longer stays. The front desk staff is very professional and courteous. Ms. Deborah always puts together a great breakfast spread, which has plenty of food to grab and go or have a nice sit down meal.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PotomacMillsSHS, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
We are very happy to know that we met your needs during your stay. The free laundry is one of our guest favorites. I am glad you liked it as well. Thank you for taking the time to give such a great review! We look forward to your next stay.
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed here 7 nights early November 2013. Room rate was very attractive due to length of stay and included microwave, fridge, free wifi, breakfast and on site laundry facilities. Hotel can't be very old and is located within 5 mins of I95. There are many restaurants and a couple of supermarkets nearby as well as Potomac Mills outlets.

The room I had had 2 queen size beds and was probably one of the largest rooms I have eber stayed in.

Bit of a weird room arrangement in that the toilet directly into the sleeping area and wasn't part of the bathroom. Window could be opened and aircon was effective. I had a room on the 4th floor and it was very quiet.

The mixer tap in the bathroom was barely fixed into the sink unit and I had to get maintenance to come and fix it which tey promptly did and the other thing was the lack of lighting in the bathroom - is this and A,merican trend to keep bathrooms and rooms as dark as possible? Living areas It doesn't really matter but the bathroom was really gloomy.

Being a non-US citizen I am aware of the tipping custom for housekeeping - I have no problem with this and duly did so. However, each day the level of housekkeping declined and the complimentary shampoos and soaps weren't being replaced. I did mention this to the front desk and they were able to give me replacements. I even saw the room cleaning person one day and very politely asked if they could replace the used items - to no avail. In the end I stopped leaving a tip - first time I had ever done that in all my travels around the US.

Front desk people were very helpful and friendly. The breakfasts looked pretty good (I didn't have any) and there was a pool and and fitness centre and PCs to use also.

Overall I had a good stay spoiled by a few things which in the big picture aren't that much of a big deal.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. I will pass along your experience with our staff so we may improve on the issues that you had. I am happy to hear that the front desk provided you with great customer service. I am glad overall you were pleased with your stay. Should you be in the area again, I hope we get the chance to provide you with a completely satisfied stay that all our guests should expect.
Rockville Centre, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

We chose this hotel based on its value and location which was the half way mark to our final destination. Arrived at midnight and check in was quick and within minutes my family of 5 (including 3 young children) were in our room. Room had two queen beds and a pull out sofa bed. Room was very clean and beds comfortable. Breakfast was included in room rate and offered many options to keep all of the kids happy. And Debrorah who replenished the breakfast items and kept the area clean was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We love to hear guests say they would stay with us again. It means the staff is providing a great home away from home! I will pass along your kind words to Deborah. I want to thank you for taking the time in reviewing our hotel. We look forward to your next stay!